Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Juice and Diarrhea
daycarediva 10:12 AM 10-02-2019
Anyone else have to explain this to parents?

I'm just sending them home regularly now. One 2 1/2 year old had two blow outs so far this week. 18 month old had 1 and a very close call I sent home for anyway.

I don't care if it's juice, diarrhea=go home.

I have TWO who ONLY drink juice. I have to hand the cup back to the parent in the morning and they hold out ALL DAY until they start screaming for it at pick up.
jenboo 10:47 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I'm just sending them home regularly now. One 2 1/2 year old had two blow outs so far this week. 18 month old had 1 and a very close call I sent home for anyway.

I have TWO who ONLY drink juice. I have to hand the cup back to the parent in the morning and they hold out ALL DAY until they start screaming for it at pick up.
I have a little boy I watch who drank water no problem but mom decided to mix juice in every cup all of a sudden. Now he won't drink plain water anymore. So frustrating.
Annalee 10:51 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I hear ya! I have dcb11months and he poops all the time because he drinks so many bottles of milk at home. They don't feed him food. Drives me nuts!
Bluemoon5 10:55 AM 10-02-2019
I have a 16 month old who consumes nothing but juice and pouches. When we tried to explain to mom that her diet was causing diarrhea we got "oh no honey, she's teething."
Unregistered 10:55 AM 10-02-2019
Yes and the parent brought a big bag of probiotics to give him to help the diarrhea. supposed to mix it in the milk at lunch every day. How about quit giving your kid unlimited apple juice duh!
Tags:diarrhea, diarrhea policy, juice
Reply Up