Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Providing Rubber Boots?
Rockgirl 06:04 AM 10-18-2018
We’ve had quite a bit of rain lately, and have had to stay inside a few times, due to mud and wet grass. I’m thinking of buying rubber boots in various sizes to keep here. I know I could have parents send them, but I prefer to provide everything here, to make sure we always have what is needed.

Any ideas on where to get the best deal? I just want basic, solid-color boots.
Cat Herder 06:10 AM 10-18-2018
Both Walmart and Amazon have them for $13.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DZT1968-W...hoes/571849511

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...HDL2J7B6&psc=1

I tend to grab them from Goodwill and thrift stores for crazy cheap, though, since kids outgrow them before they wear them out.
Rockgirl 06:36 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Both Walmart and Amazon have them for $13.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DZT1968-W...hoes/571849511

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...HDL2J7B6&psc=1

I tend to grab them from Goodwill and thrift stores for crazy cheap, though, since kids outgrow them before they wear them out.
Thanks! I may try some thrift stores first, and go from there.
storybookending 08:22 AM 10-18-2018
Kids not having appropriate shoes would not stop me from going outside. Send home wet muddy shoes just once and most parents will get then hint without my having to say anything.

I saw that zulily was having a sale and they’re $14.99 right now. One of the comments on the post said that afternoon you pay shipping they’re still cheaper at Walmart but I haven’t looked into that.
Ac114 08:41 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Kids not having appropriate shoes would not stop me from going outside. Send home wet muddy shoes just once and most parents will get then hint without my having to say anything.

I saw that zulily was having a sale and they’re $14.99 right now. One of the comments on the post said that afternoon you pay shipping they’re still cheaper at Walmart but I haven’t looked into that.
Exactly this. White fuzzy house shoes are not considered outdoor winter boots. Guess what went home a black mess from mud and mulch.....
Rockgirl 09:40 AM 10-18-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:

I get what you’re saying. I don’t want the mess, either, though. I prefer providing them myself, and not worrying about them bringing extra boots on wet days.

I hadn’t thought of zulily—thanks!
kendallina 07:08 PM 10-18-2018
It's a requirement in my contract that children bring a pair of rain boots on the first day to keep here all school year.

I used to just go outside and not worry about their shoes getting muddy but decided that this just made more sense to keep their boots here.
Pestle 08:30 AM 10-19-2018
I require rain boots and a raincoat, or a supply fee so they can use mine. In the Tennessee Valley, we'd never go outside if we stayed in when it was raining/muddy.
littlefriends 10:27 PM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Exactly this. White fuzzy house shoes are not considered outdoor winter boots. Guess what went home a black mess from mud and mulch.....
Were the parents mad or did they say anything to you about it? I had a mom lecture me (tried to lol) about her daughter getting mud on her Ugg boots and I just let her know that it’s in my handbook that we go out every day, rain or shine. She was grumpy but the next day brought me a pair of rain boots to keep in her cubby.
LK5kids 04:24 PM 10-24-2018
I'm going to keep my eye out for boots at thrift stores.
Tags:footwear, rain gear, rubber boots
Reply Up