Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Know You're Not Supposed To But...
My4SunshineGirlsNY 03:05 AM 02-28-2011
I watch my sister in law's boy (not really my nephew as the boy was from another relationship other than my husband's brother), and she walks in this morning and says "he's got a bad cough, I know you're not suppose to but he has cough medicine in his bag".

Some PLEASE remind me on a daily basis why I do this every day? I need some encouragement!!
Little People 03:09 AM 02-28-2011
Because you LOVE those smiling little faces.
Becuase you LOVE those awsome hugs.
Because you LOVE the silly things those sweet precious children do.

Because you started daycare with so much LOVE in your heart.
missnikki 07:16 AM 02-28-2011
Because, in some cases, those kiddos have you as their only source of reliable structure.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 08:32 AM 02-28-2011
I think I just hit a rut and everything is bothering me. I think it is this time of year, honestly..I remember getting a little cabin fever last year and I think I've hit it again. Ready to get outside and get the kids outside.
daycare 08:37 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Because, in some cases, those kiddos have you as their only source of reliable structure.
love this response...... so very very true and great point!!!
melskids 09:23 AM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
I think I just hit a rut and everything is bothering me. I think it is this time of year, honestly..I remember getting a little cabin fever last year and I think I've hit it again. Ready to get outside and get the kids outside.
i foget where in NY you are, but i am in NY too. we had 18 inches of snow over the weekend. can i just tell you....

I AM TIRED OF IT !!!

i don't mean to scream, but boy, i had to let it out. cabin fever has hit us BAD! i feel like 4 white walls are closing in on me. we are definitely going a little stir crazy here too!!!!

hang in there!!!!!
Cat Herder 09:33 AM 02-28-2011
Sorry to hear about the weather drudgery...that does make to BS harder to take....

I wish I could send you some of my daffodils and cherry blossoms....

Just send SIL a text telling her she owes you a chocolate milk shake at pickup for the extra work...

Two of my daycare kids were on antibiotics (post-surgical, not contagious) and had the obligatory runny BM's... I told DCM she owed me a peppermint mocha latte at pickup, just teasing, and she brought it.....

Made the next 3 days go by so much faster...just that I knew she had to drive 15 minutes in the opposite direction to get it and she was still on time for pick-up... That required thought and planning on her part and I appreciated that so much.

The other moms caught on, too, so when anyone is being particularly "bearly" it is common for mom to show up "bearing gifts", now...

The little things make a difference...
gbcc 02:48 PM 02-28-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i foget where in NY you are, but i am in NY too. we had 18 inches of snow over the weekend. can i just tell you....

I AM TIRED OF IT !!!

i don't mean to scream, but boy, i had to let it out. cabin fever has hit us BAD! i feel like 4 white walls are closing in on me. we are definitely going a little stir crazy here too!!!!

hang in there!!!!!

We are both about half an hour South of Rochester! I know we had this conversation before but what part are your from again? Sorry bad memory!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 04:02 PM 02-28-2011
It's not the extra work that is the issue...it's just against state regulations.

Yup, I'm about 45min. south of Rochester NY.
melskids 01:42 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:
We are both about half an hour South of Rochester! I know we had this conversation before but what part are your from again? Sorry bad memory!
i know...i forgot where you guys were too.....lol

i'm just outside cooperstown, which i think is 2 -3 hours east-ish from rochester. so, basically, i get all the same storms as you!!!!
gbcc 06:14 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
i know...i forgot where you guys were too.....lol

i'm just outside cooperstown, which i think is 2 -3 hours east-ish from rochester. so, basically, i get all the same storms as you!!!!
So near Syracuse? That is the only thing I know that is East lol!
gbcc 06:24 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
Some PLEASE remind me on a daily basis why I do this every day? I need some encouragement!!
I feel the same way this wk! I think it's because we had those sporatic 50 degree days. It was like we were let off our leash only to be duped by another snow storm the very next day

Lately there are many little things that are bothering me that normally I would laugh at and say "Stupid parents" that are now irritating me beyond belief!
SilverSabre25 06:32 AM 03-01-2011
I feel the same way this wk! I think it's because we had those sporatic 50 degree days. It was like we were let off our leash only to be duped by another snow storm the very next day

Lately there are many little things that are bothering me that normally I would laugh at and say "Stupid parents" that are now irritating me beyond belief!
Yeah...this...it's the time of year, more than anything. Everyone's antsy for real spring.

Right now the main thing that keeps me going each day is that I get paid. I know in my heart and my head that soon this will switch around BACK to me doing it for the love of it, but it's been a LONG two months so far this year...and the past 4 weeks were the hardest. DH working 60 hours a week (12 hour days), me being sick for three solid weeks now, the house being a disaster...and two weeks to go until my first break of the year, lol.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:18 AM 03-01-2011
It has to be the time of year, I'm at the point I'm really wanting to find an outside of the home job just so my kids can have their home back and i don't have to worry about all the other issues that go along with daycare (oh such as kids not showing up when they say when you wake up JUST for them, or the arguing, tattling, snot wiping, viruses that spread like wildfire, not listening, ect.) , BUT I know if I commit to doing that, I will miss my kids so much, it will be hard on me.

I kind of feel "stuck" and I wish I didn't have that feeling....the benifit of being here for my kids is wonderful, but I feel like i have so many strings attached and bogged down, it feels aweful right now. I feel that I have so many things to complain about, and it shouldn't be like that. Maybe depression is setting in from the weather? Seriously, I think I remember feeling like this the same time last year.

I just termed a 2 year old boy that was causing a lot of issues here and now took on 2 new girls (ages 2 and 4) and while they are SOOO much better behaved than watching that 2 year old, I feel more tied down because they are here a LOT longer and require a lot of my attention. I'm still working them into the routine so they are still learning, but I think if I want to continue doing daycare without it driving me ABSOLUTELY insane, I'm going to have to downsize by the summer time and just keep my 2 school age daycare girls and 2 year old nephew....I have 4 girls of my own so you can imagine how thin I am spread at times.
melskids 08:03 AM 03-01-2011
So near Syracuse? That is the only thing I know that is East lol!
well, i think i'm still another hour or two south east from there!!!!

i was never any good with geography
Tags:cough, cough medicine
Reply Up