Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Morning Text...
TheGoodLife 06:17 AM 08-25-2014
"I'm here". 7:18. I open at 7:30.

I waited about 3-4 minutes and replied "just getting out of shower"

Then I got my hair wet in the sink and got ready. I wake about 15-20 mins before I open and I was NOT going to rush to get ready early. I opened the door at 7:28.

Another DCM gave me a schedule for Fri and Mon when she was out of town. She had written 5:00 PU today. I reminded her I close at 4:30. She said Ok, she'd let her mom know. Fast-forward to today... DCGrandma drops off and says "I'll be here around 5ish. I have a meeting until 4:30 and then there's traffic, you know." Didn't think anything of it until a few minutes later- I close at 5 every other day and just started being open on Mondays a couple weeks ago to get more families in. I told everyone I close at 4:30 on mondays. So I had to text her and remind her that I close at 4:30 and I'd let her daughter (the DCM) know that when she gave me the schedule.

Ugh... Mondays! I miss my family days (my DH works Saturdays and is off Mondays)
Blackcat31 07:36 AM 08-25-2014
So is grandma going to come by 4:30 do you think?

Do you charge for early drop off or late pick ups?

I'd be mad about the text BEFORE opening.

Did you say anything to them about arriving early? I'd have been tempted to text back "I'm here too but you aren't suppose to be until 7:30 when I open." .

How rude to show up and do that.
TheGoodLife 07:57 AM 08-25-2014
Yeah, it was their 2nd week, I let her know when I opend the door at 7:28 and she said "sorry, I didn't know what time it was" that I am usually getting ready beforehand and not open until 7:30. Hopefully it won't happen again!

As for DCGrandma I text her that I wasn't thinking when she mentioned that at DO, and that I close at 4:30. She said OK. I also made sure to mention I reminded DCM when she told me originally that her mom would PU at 5 on Monday, so I'm sure she had told her. Oh well, not my problem- I just hate that I always feel like I risk losing families when I use my backbone and stick to my policies!
Blackcat31 08:22 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife:
Yeah, it was their 2nd week, I let her know when I opend the door at 7:28 and she said "sorry, I didn't know what time it was" that I am usually getting ready beforehand and not open until 7:30. Hopefully it won't happen again!

As for DCGrandma I text her that I wasn't thinking when she mentioned that at DO, and that I close at 4:30. She said OK. I also made sure to mention I reminded DCM when she told me originally that her mom would PU at 5 on Monday, so I'm sure she had told her. Oh well, not my problem- I just hate that I always feel like I risk losing families when I use my backbone and stick to my policies!
It is hard to enforce your policies but if you do the first time, you won't have to later.

LOL! about the texting mom who said she didn't know what time it was......

don't almost ALL cell phones display the time?
TheGoodLife 08:32 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
don't almost ALL cell phones display the time?
LOL- that's EXACTLY what I said to my DH this morning
Controlled Chaos 08:37 AM 08-25-2014
You just gave me the greatest idea - I should close Friday since that is my husbands day off. Brilliant lol. I only have 2 come that day, one is every other week (I meet keep him since DH likes him since they can talk about power rangers ) but the other boy could easily move to Thursday and I would have every other Fri with NO dcks and family time and the other Fridays that little dkb could just chill with us (his family is super chill).

Sorry to rant.

As for you - Don't open that door until you are open for reals! Have a drink of coffee, watch the Today show, listen to the radio, paint your nails, I even take my dog out for a walk right in front of them. That is your time to do WHATEVER you need/want.
coolconfidentme 08:40 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
You just gave me the greatest idea - I should close Friday since that is my husbands day off. Brilliant lol. I only have 2 come that day, one is every other week (I meet keep him since DH likes him since they can talk about power rangers ) but the other boy could easily move to Thursday and I would have every other Fri with NO dcks and family time and the other Fridays that little dkb could just chill with us (his family is super chill).

Sorry to rant.

As for you - Don't open that door until you are open for reals! Have a drink of coffee, watch the Today show, listen to the radio, paint your nails, I even take my dog out for a walk right in front of them. That is your time to do WHATEVER you need/want.
That's exactly what I did this morning, lol. I just sat there drinking my coffee as a DCD knocked on the door 25 minutes early.
Meeko 08:47 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

Sorry to rant.

You are my hero
AmyKidsCo 08:52 AM 08-25-2014
That would make me mad too! I would've ignored the text. Can't hear the phone if you're in the shower, right?
Mom o Col 09:46 AM 08-25-2014
I had a dcd I agreed to allow 7:20 drop off. He works literally a minute from my house and needs to be in at 7:30. To me 7:20 MEANS 7:20, not 7:12, not 7:15, 7:20. I am getting ready right to the last second in the morning...shower, tea, chill for a few minutes. He was god at first then would show up earlier and earlier. He'd say that he had parked around the corner just to kill time; didn't know what time it was, etc. Plus his two kids were only here once a week on Mondays of all days. So, that combo of once a weekers who never get used to being here and getting here at the butt crack of dawn (on a MONDAY) was driving me nuts. When my sister asked if I'd watch her kids on Monday mornings it was the perfect excuse to send them packing. Totally worked out for them and me so that was awesome.
DaveA 10:09 AM 08-25-2014
I have let parents stand outside on the porch @550 while I finish eating breakfast, getting ready, or setting up. I don't show up at a store expecting them to open early, don't show up here & think I'll add a half hour to my day just because you're impatient.

I've opened early maybe 3-4 times for emergencies for a family, but other than that, your opening times are just that- your business hours.
coolconfidentme 10:46 AM 08-25-2014
They want the kid free Starbucks time....
Reply Up