Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Will You and The Children in Your Care Take the COVID Vaccine?
I Will Take The Vaccine 19 45.24%
I Will Not Take The Vaccine 9 21.43%
I will Require Children In My Care To Have The Vaccine 1 2.38%
I will Not Require Children In My Care To Have The Vaccine 2 4.76%
I Will Leave It Up To Each Party To Decide Independently 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Covid Vaccine?
springv 11:29 AM 11-30-2020
I was sitting here thinking, since we are so close to having a vaccine available, how many of ya'll will be getting a vaccine and will you require your families to get their children a vaccine? Do you think that your states childcare standards will include that children will have to get a vaccine as a requirement to attend childcare or school?
Cat Herder 11:43 AM 11-30-2020
I won't take the first rounds, nor will I require my clients to.

My grandma was one of the not so lucky ones who contracted polio through the first rounds, back in the day. I don't feel so lucky as to risk it for a while.....
Annalee 12:28 PM 11-30-2020
Several will take this vaccine before me.....not in a hurry at all to take it....
coloradoprovider 01:27 PM 11-30-2020
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. (or are a VIP) you won't get the first round anyway. I plan to be vaccinated as soon as I can. The early vaccinated will be closely scrutinized, so by the time us lowly peons are eligible, hope that most of the kinks are worked out.
CenterTeacher20 06:05 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. (or are a VIP) you won't get the first round anyway. I plan to be vaccinated as soon as I can. The early vaccinated will be closely scrutinized, so by the time us lowly peons are eligible, hope that most of the kinks are worked out.
Agreed, 100%.
Cat Herder 04:11 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. you won't get the first round anyway.
I am and still feel the same. Most of my co-workers do, too. Medical history tends to repeat itself. Especially when rushed. Money always wins over public health. It just does.
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 12-01-2020
I am not sure how I feel about this vaccine.

I think it's good that one is being developed and dispersed but I am leery due to lack of medical knowledge.

This vaccine may prevent and/or minimize COVID but at what expense? Immediate and future.

Too many times have we (as a society) thought something was good/great only to find out that it came with a cost.

Asbestos
DDT pesticide
Talc in baby power
mercury
lead paint
Bisphenol A (BPA)
etc.....
Valerie928 08:19 AM 12-01-2020
Yes, I will take it. The science behind this vaccine is amazing. I trust it. It's not the 1950's anymore, we are way more advanced. We have several vaccines on deck, 2 of them seeking emergency approval from the FDA.
Ariana 08:43 AM 12-01-2020
I feel pretty confident in the vaccine but we aren't likely going to get it for a while. I am leaving it up to everyone's choice.
Gemma 08:47 AM 12-01-2020
I never really trusted vaccines in general, meaning I fear more the side effects than I do the actual disease

I will not get this vaccine, nor require anyone else to
Valerie928 04:34 AM 12-04-2020
Once this vaccine/vaccines become available globally I have a feeling that proof of vaccination is going to be mandatory if one chooses to travel abroad.
Cat Herder 04:44 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Once this vaccine/vaccines become available globally I have a feeling that proof of vaccination is going to be mandatory if one chooses to travel abroad.
Religious and personal waivers will always exist.

They (the gov.) have spent all kinds of energy trying to force our hands into taking unvaccinated kids, it will be funny to watch them backpedal now that it suits them.
daycarediva 10:47 AM 12-04-2020
Not taking/not requiring boat.

Anything 'fast tracked' is NOT going through proper testing and protocol, which is already falliable.

No thanks.
Ms.Kay 11:33 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Not taking/not requiring boat.

Anything 'fast tracked' is NOT going through proper testing and protocol, which is already falliable.

No thanks.

I want to see every government official to get it first......if they think we all ahould get it!!!
Valerie928 11:46 AM 12-04-2020
Ladies, I encourage you to at least look into what this vaccine is about. The vaccine does not contain the virus in it. The vaccine was created using mrna. Bottom line is, all the vaccine does it take those damn "spikes" off the viral particles so that they cannot infiltrate your lungs. There is more to it, please don't assume the worst. Read about it.
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 12-04-2020
Please don't assume we have not read about it.
Valerie928 12:58 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Please don't assume we have not read about it.

Many people just read media instead of looking into facts. I am guilty of this at times. I was just saying to look into and read about the facts.
Blackcat31 01:20 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Ladies, I encourage you to at least look into what this vaccine is about. The vaccine does not contain the virus in it. The vaccine was created using mrna. Bottom line is, all the vaccine does it take those damn "spikes" off the viral particles so that they cannot infiltrate your lungs. There is more to it, please don't assume the worst. Read about it.
I am not one to read/automatically believe anything the media says.

However, I am hesitant to be overly giddy about this vaccine because there is NO evidence yet as to how people react to it long term.

I know and understand what science says but even science can't predict the future with 100% accuracy and I have experienced first hand the minimal risks that "could" or "might" occur with something that was okay for 95% of others.

Time is the ONLY proof for me in regards to long term side effects.

I know that it's not 1950's anymore as you stated above but I am willing to bet that in the 1950's when women were flocking to get IUD's that someone somewhere told someone else that there was nothing to worry about as it's not the 1800's anymore. IYKWIM.

Also for what it's worth, it's not just this vaccine that I am like this about.... I am and always have been a "wait and see" type person in regards to things like this.

Lasik surgery is another example....I've had bad eyesight for years and people are forever telling me about the miracle of lasik surgery. I am hesitant though as every year they 'make great strides' in improving it.

If it was so great in the first place, how can they make so much improvement? lol! I'll keep wearing my contacts/glasses and just wait until the improvements are few and far between.
Valerie928 01:25 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am not one to read/automatically believe anything the media says.

However, I am hesitant to be overly giddy about this vaccine because there is NO evidence yet as to how people react to it long term.

I know and understand what science says but even science can't predict the future with 100% accuracy and I have experienced first hand the minimal risks that "could" or "might" occur with something that was okay for 95% of others.

Time is the ONLY proof for me in regards to long term side effects.

I know that it's not 1950's anymore as you stated above but I am willing to bet that in the 1950's when women were flocking to get IUD's that someone somewhere told someone else that there was nothing to worry about as it's not the 1800's anymore. IYKWIM.

Also for what it's worth, it's not just this vaccine that I am like this about.... I am and always have been a "wait and see" type person in regards to things like this.

Lasik surgery is another example....I've had bad eyesight for years and people are forever telling me about the miracle of lasik surgery. I am hesitant though as every year they 'make great strides' in improving it.

If it was so great in the first place, how can they make so much improvement? lol! I'll keep wearing my contacts/glasses and just wait until the improvements are few and far between.
Funny you should mention the lasik procedure! My husband had this procedure done in 2008 and his eyesight is now back to how it was before the procedure
flying_babyb 06:17 PM 12-04-2020
other here! I will take the vaccine AFTER its been out awile and i see what happens to others who take it.
VictoryCare 03:30 PM 12-05-2020
You should have more faith in science
Michael 03:55 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
You should have more faith in science
I have faith in science, its the people that keep changing the science to fit their agenda that has me losing faith.

The biggest question for me now with this pandemic is-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid? The science and truth therein lies our freedom and path forward.
VictoryCare 02:58 AM 12-06-2020
If you have an underlying condition, such as diabetes, and you get Covid and die, than you died from covid with an underlying condition of diabetes.
Gemma 03:43 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
If you have an underlying condition, such as diabetes, and you get Covid and die, than you died from covid with an underlying condition of diabetes.
IMO If it's true that social distancing, wearing a mask and vaccinate can keep one from getting infected, this info should be given as an advise to the vulnerable, the CDC/government should not impose restrictions on everyone.
I feel the same about vaccines, if they save the individual who gets it, no vaccine should ever be mandatory JMO
Gemma 03:33 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid?
This is my thinking as well!
MyAngels 07:23 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:

The biggest question for me now with this pandemic is-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid?
This is the kind of thinking that allows people to believe they are justified in bucking the system when it comes to wearing masks, etc. I have an Aunt who is a diabetic. She caught Covid. Prior to being infected with Covid she was relatively healthy at 78 years old, her diabetes was pretty well controlled. She died within a week of catching Covid. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, she'd be alive today if she had not been infected with Covid.

With or from is neither here nor there. It does not seem like anyone has any idea who will be killed or affected long term from Covid. My dh (diabetic) got it, with no ill effects so far. A 30 year old woman in my town with no underlying conditions died within a week. That's why we should be at least trying to stop the spread until we can get more information and/or a vaccine.
Michael 11:58 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
This is the kind of thinking that allows people to believe they are justified in bucking the system when it comes to wearing masks, etc. I have an Aunt who is a diabetic. She caught Covid. Prior to being infected with Covid she was relatively healthy at 78 years old, her diabetes was pretty well controlled. She died within a week of catching Covid. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, she'd be alive today if she had not been infected with Covid.

With or from is neither here nor there. It does not seem like anyone has any idea who will be killed or affected long term from Covid. My dh (diabetic) got it, with no ill effects so far. A 30 year old woman in my town with no underlying conditions died within a week. That's why we should be at least trying to stop the spread until we can get more information and/or a vaccine.
No one is minimizing the dangers of this or any disease. COVID is no different that any pathogen that can kill. Close to 40,000 Americans die from influenza each year but we still go about our lives. Does it matter more or less if there are more deaths form COVID? The answer is yes. But only if those numbers are dying FROM Covid. I am skeptical that the current numbers are as high as they are.

Very early on I wore N95 masks, used sanitizers, gloves, even washed my groceries, you name it, I was doing it. If anyone was taking it seriously, I was. My thinking has evolved. Back in May, my good friend’s cousin died in New York. He told me it was from Covid. That is what the hospital had told his family. What he eventually found out was that that his cousin died from a drug overdose. But since his cousin had the Covid antibodies he was listed as dying from Covid. That matters. It matters with government policies and procedures, budgeting and the movement of resources. Trillions of dollars are involved.

If the purpose of these lockdowns is to keep people from dying, then the simplest remedy would be to stay safe home and never go out. That goes for any activity, be it driving, skiing, hang gliding, mountain climbing, scuba diving, dining out and even traveling to foreign countries. I’m not will make that sacrifice-living.

I’m glad the vaccine is going to be available. Those that want it and will become free, and liberated from the threat. They should be the first in line. I doubt I will ever be in that line. I go to great lengths to take care of my immune system, how I manage it and the things I put in my body.

What becomes of America- is in how it then treats those that do not want the vaccine. That will be interesting. Will we all go about finally living and moving forward or will it result in there being a policy of forced punishment or reward?
CeriBear 07:46 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
other here! I will take the vaccine AFTER its been out awile and i see what happens to others who take it.
This 100%. I don’t want to be any sort of guinea pig. I’ll will not take the first round even if they paid me. It’s the same way for any new meds that come out.
Ariana 05:04 PM 12-13-2020
I am really happy it’s an mRNA vaccine because it means my body is making it and it’s not material being injected into me. The people who had allergic reactions are the same people who have anaphylactoid allergies to things like peanuts or eggs...so going with some peoples logic they should stop eating peanuts and eggs because some people react to it? The body sometimes reacts stupidly to SAFE things. My own child reacted negatively to a vaccine!

I recently watched a 4 hour documentary on Frontline about the AIDS pandemic and it is eerily similar to this one. At first they knew nothing about it but then slowly started learning more and more...it’s not that the information kept changing it’s that the information kept evolving as researcher learned more about the disease. I am glad it changed and evolved. There were protestors out against kids going to school because people are stupid and science hadn’t caught up yet. We know more about COVID now then we did, that’s progress and shouldn’t be seen as “science doesn’t know because it changes”. The AIDS pandemic also became really political which is sad because many politicians in the world tried to distance themselves from it and listened to “conspiracy theorists” and did nothing (especially in South Africa the hardest hit). Anyway I am rambling but it was really neat to see how much better we are doing this time around to be honest!
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 12-14-2020
I was just notified by my licensor that my state considers child care providers "front line" or critical workers and are counted in those that want the vaccine first. My licensor was asked to e-mail us and ask how many of us want to get vaccinated.
Annalee 03:28 PM 12-14-2020
I was just notified by my licensor that my state considers child care providers "front line" or critical workers and are counted in those that want the vaccine first. My licensor was asked to e-mail us and ask how many of us want to get vaccinated.
Wow, what you going to do? Take it or not take it? I haven't heard anything from licensing about it here!
Ariana 04:01 PM 12-15-2020
That is so great!!
284878 05:58 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
I was sitting here thinking, since we are so close to having a vaccine available, how many of ya'll will be getting a vaccine and will you require your families to get their children a vaccine? Do you think that your states childcare standards will include that children will have to get a vaccine as a requirement to attend childcare or school?
Back to the original topic, I am not sure what I will do, I have recently reacted to other vaccines and I am nervous that my next reaction may be worse than the last. I also do not want a guinea pig. I do get the flu shot every year, but my reaction to those is not as bad as they are to the other vaccines.

Also, my brother and I were talking and he read that the vaccine is not to prevent you from getting sick but eases the symptoms when you do get it. So if this is true then I will take that into consideration when I make my decision.
VictoryCare 06:02 PM 12-07-2020
🤣..thank you..😁
Blackcat31 06:59 PM 12-07-2020
Round, flat or square.... the world is a powder keg just waiting to go off. Everyone is offended by something and everything and ‘snarky’ seems to be the new norm. (in general)

I try hard to find the good in every day and in everyone and freely admit it’s hard; sometimes near impossible but I do believe that a majority of people care about others.
Each of us are experiencing some form of impact from COVID. It’s not racist, biased or judgmental.

I think (individually and collectively) we learn the most from the worst times. If we don’t history repeats itself.

I pray for everyone.
Gemma 04:09 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Back to the original topic,

Also, my brother and I were talking and he read that the vaccine is not to prevent you from getting sick but eases the symptoms when you do get it.
So if getting the vaccine will not control the spread of the virus, why are they suggesting it might became mandatory in some circumstances, for the sake of the population?
284878 05:41 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Gemma:
So if getting the vaccine will not control the spread of the virus, why are they suggesting it might became mandatory in some circumstances, for the sake of the population?
I don't know, I am not sure where he got that info. I just know that if it is true, I think I will pass.

There are so many lies out there online and in the media plus science doesn't know what they are doing either. The only true way to make a decision on getting the vaccine is to go with your heart not so called facts. If science knew what they were doing than we would not be in this predicament, the virus would not have gotten to this point and would have stopped in China. Science is not God, it is humans making guesses to benefit themselves.
BumbleBee 04:26 PM 12-22-2020
Personally I will be getting the vaccine when I am eligible to do so. I will not require daycare children, staff, etc to be vaccinated. I have never required any vaccines for staff or children in care. I feel it is a personal choice for each person and family. I will do what I feel is best for me and others will do what they feel is best for them, their families and their children.
Tags:accountability, blame game, coronavirus, covid-19 vaccine, illness policy, misinformation, poll, public education
Reply Up