Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
Last Friday: dcm texts me to see if I can watch dcks on Monday (I usually only watch them Fridays from 9:15-6). I say yes, no prob, see you then.

Monday morning at 8, I text dcm to make sure they are still planning to come and at regular time (she is flaky sometimes) and she texts back that there dad is bringing them and should be there any minute!

Spit coffee out and haul ass to get dressed and ready before they get here! Thanks for letting me know they will be here early! geez!
I would have texted back and said you won't be available until regular time since she didn't mention any time changes...

Just because they didn't tell you and they were already on their way doesn't mean that you have to accept their failure to plan.
mommyneedsadayoff 07:02 AM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would have texted back and said you won't be available until regular time since she didn't mention any time changes...

Just because they didn't tell you and they were already on their way doesn't mean that you have to accept their failure to plan.

OMG I should have totally done that! The mom and dad are separated, so boy would he have been pissed at her! lol

I did send a pretty stern text saying she needs to notify me if they are coming early and she did apologize, but it sure does start my monday off on the wrong foot!
jgcp 06:12 AM 03-31-2015
Typed up a little letter for parents letting them know I would be updating and makeing some changes to the contract.I give it to the dcm that I have the most issues with and shes says" oh I hope I can find time to read this" its like 4 lines....and your the reason my contract is being changed grrrrrr.
Unregistered 07:07 AM 03-31-2015

I am mommynedsaday off (forgot to log in) and guess who texts me at 7:30 this morning asking if I can watch her kids today and tomorrow as well!? She forgot they are out of school for the whole week, not just Monday! Who does that? And she texts me early on a morning when I have no other kids coming! In fact, my other dcg is out sick today, so I got the day off and NO, dcm, I don't want to watch your kids on my day off! This mom and her lack of planning drive me nuts!
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am mommynedsaday off (forgot to log in) and guess who texts me at 7:30 this morning asking if I can watch her kids today and tomorrow as well!? She forgot they are out of school for the whole week, not just Monday! Who does that? And she texts me early on a morning when I have no other kids coming! In fact, my other dcg is out sick today, so I got the day off and NO, dcm, I don't want to watch your kids on my day off! This mom and her lack of planning drive me nuts!
You could start making her lack of planning a benefit for you....

ANY last minute schedule changes after Friday (I require schedules by Friday 5pm for the following week) are billed at 2x the normal rate so ANY time a family wants to add days or kids, it costs them double.

Makes them start being much better about planning in advance OR it pads my bank account....either way....win-win for me!!
Unregistered 09:59 AM 03-31-2015
Dcb1 is full of the cold, woke up crying after only 45 mins of sleep and woke dcg2 and dcb3 they all should have slept another 45 mins.
MsLisa 06:17 PM 03-31-2015
If they have a 2hr delay, i'm stuck with my usual insane morning crew for an extra 2hrs on top of a normal aftercare day.

If they DON'T have a 2hr delay, I was asked to do "babysitting" in the fitness room from 9am to noon.

I silently hope for the 2hr delay cause babies and toddlers scare me now that I deal strictly with SA-ers. Although I am a mom, anything under 5yrs are not my strong point. I hope it all comes back to me naturally.....
MMk9987 06:25 PM 03-31-2015
@Sally Because they have money and they think just because they have it their kids have to look the part. I have a 5 year old and he is very rough on shoes I would not think to buy him anything under 30 bucks i know they will be ruined next week. you have to ask why would he send her to daycare in nice shoes if he is worried about them getting ruined send her in play shoes.
jgcp 06:42 PM 03-31-2015
This DCM AGAIN had a snide remark at pickup....... OOOO it was so hard to keep my mouth shut but i did(she told me to remember to put new sign in sheets in folders, Im sorry i didnt know i needed a boss?. then when i just stood there she turned to me and asked if i heard her mmhmmm? I GOT IT).... I really deserve a reward for dealing with her BS!! Shes done at the end of May so im just counting down the days, not even going to offer to hold her spot. And i dont like her spawn of a child shes just like her mother
Unregistered 07:13 AM 04-01-2015
Yes, dcm, if you plan to come late, then feed your child before you bring her! Same question every morning!
BumbleBee 05:26 AM 04-03-2015
I've been up for 2 hours, expected my 1st arrival at 7:15. It's now 8:25 with NO kids here yet. 3 are scheduled. NOT HAPPY
BumbleBee 05:27 AM 04-03-2015
Yes, dcm, if you plan to come late, then feed your child before you bring her! Same question every morning!
I just put a 'reminder' in the newsletter about this very issue. The next day I had a kid show up after breakfast having not been fed. I can't even
LysesKids 06:27 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I've been up for 2 hours, expected my 1st arrival at 7:15. It's now 8:25 with NO kids here yet. 3 are scheduled. NOT HAPPY
I understand... was up at 6 for a 6:30... first babe showed at 7:45 the 6:30 showed at 8:40.
Martha Stewart 06:56 AM 04-03-2015
Just had a dcm drop off dck with a nebulizer and she said "he hasn't eaten or had his breathing treatment, but he needs both, and maybe a nap"

REALLY???? He is almost 3, we don't do morning nap, breakfast has been over for 30 minutes and why didn't you do his breathing treatment at home?
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Martha Stewart:
Just had a dcm drop off dck with a nebulizer and she said "he hasn't eaten or had his breathing treatment, but he needs both, and maybe a nap"

REALLY???? He is almost 3, we don't do morning nap, breakfast has been over for 30 minutes and why didn't you do his breathing treatment at home?
He would have been turned away at the door here.

The only time I'd allow a child that needs a nebulizer into care was if it were due to an on going condition (asthma etc).

Needing one due to cold/congestion etc is grounds for exclusion.

.....and since he was tired/cranky AND hungry....he was unprepared for the day and therefore would have been excluded.

Sorry you are having to deal with that.
Martha Stewart 07:12 AM 04-03-2015
He would have been turned away at the door here.

The only time I'd allow a child that needs a nebulizer into care was if it were due to an on going condition (asthma etc).

Needing one due to cold/congestion etc is grounds for exclusion.

.....and since he was tired/cranky AND hungry....he was unprepared for the day and therefore would have been excluded.

Sorry you are having to deal with that.
I've already given this family 2 weeks, next friday is their last day. I shouldn't have taken him today, but I feel sorry for him.
Blackcat31 04:45 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Martha Stewart:
I've already given this family 2 weeks, next friday is their last day. I shouldn't have taken him today, but I feel sorry for him.
I totally understand.
Kabob 11:18 AM 04-06-2015
You'd think dcm would've gotten the hint that it is too cold for sandals (which I don't allow anyway) and no coat outside when I told her on Friday that dck needs more than just that for the day...dcm responded that dck wouldn't wear anything. I told her I didn't care what dck thought of wearing a coat...I require one. And then at pickup I again verbally reminded her point blank that I do not want a repeat of the situation we had at drop off so I expect dck to come with shoes/boots and a coat since it will be cold Monday.

But nooooooo...dcm shows up again with no coat for the day...and it was sleeting outside. I thought she would have common sense to look out the window and go "gee, that sleet looks awfully cold".

So I again had to tell her it was not going to cut it and this time she is getting the very specific list that I usually send home once a year before the first snowfall...she got it before but apparently since the calendar says it is spring, she must think the list no longer applies.

Ugh.
jgcp 09:04 AM 04-08-2015
Blahhhh got a letter from irs that our return is under review Now we just wait.. and wait... and wait. Good thing i was super organized this year just in case they need anything but
Leigh 10:50 AM 04-08-2015
I have FOUR new kids this week-all were taken into CPS custody a week ago. They act as though they have never seen a fruit or vegetable. The 3 year old CRIED when I put his veggies on his plate at lunch today. They keep telling me they are full and then beg and plead and cry for candy. Other than this issue, they're great kids, but this food thing, on day 3, is already SO old.

EDIT: And....the 5 yo just asked me for juice. I gave him a glass of water with a splash of juice on top. He told me that I forgot the sugar. You HAVE to put sugar in juice!
Snowmom 02:32 PM 04-08-2015
I'm taking a week vacation next month to have surgery (tonsils are going buh-bye). I posted it 2 weeks ago, so giving nearly a two month notice. Today, I had to amend it by adding a day, telling them it was out of my control because my doctor had to change the surgery day. ONE EXTRA DAY, and I haven't had vacation time of more than two days in a year!!!
What do I get as a response from my parents who just went on a vacation in February without their child.... a stomping foot and "ohhhhhh, neither my husband or I have any PTO".

Have a back up plan people. Jeez. It's not like I'm not giving you enough notice for crying out loud.

This... on top of another parent trying to bring in a kid this morning who just puked all over my carpet and sent home yesterday. (Um.... yeah, not happening, turn around mister and go home).

And a 4 year old peeing in the bed at nap time.

I'm having a great week.
Unregistered 06:08 AM 04-09-2015
That iPod you let your 2 year old bring, let along have, poses a problem in my house. We are not eating breakfast watching it and I do NOT enjoy the fit I get when I remove it and put it up. I also don't appreciate the crying fits between kids when they all think it's mine and I want it. Leave it at home!!!
Turquoise14 06:29 AM 04-09-2015
Ah morning. The dad dropped off my first daycare kids an hour later than usual. They usually get dropped off by mom. They texted me five minutes before they were supposed to show up saying they would be later. So….could have slept another hour. I’m not a morning person, and I’m annoyed. He acted very cheerful. People. I don’t get up when it’s dark out for fun dude. If it happens again I’ll have to say something. The older brother cried for daddy a bunch when he left. I’m pretty sure he thought he was going to hang with daddy today.
daycarediva 09:02 AM 04-09-2015
Can kindergarten start tomorrow?! PLEASE?!?!

I also feel very bad for whoever gets my one dcb next year. The older he gets, the harder he is to manage, the worse his behavior is, and the more obvious his issues are.

PHEW It's been a rough week!
finsup 09:11 AM 04-09-2015
So DCB has been out sick all week, just came back today. Still not 100% but good enough to be here. He's been sleeping for 3 hours, mom asked how he was doing and I said tired and let her know how long he had been sleeping. She wanted me to wake him up so he could "get back on a schedule." Yeah sorry DCM, I don't wake babies. He needs that sleep to get over this compleltly. Plus my kids have it now and well let's just say we are no where near a regular schedule today. I'm fine with it. Next week we'll get back on a schedule, today, I'm letting kids rest and sleep as much as they want. Pick him up and get him back on a schedule yourself if you feel that's best for him. I'm not doing it for you

*sigh* I'm going to hear about this at pick up. And again when he "refuses to sleep" tonight (good thing I have no obligation to respond to texts after business hours he he)
KiddieCahoots 10:13 AM 04-09-2015
I'd like to think that just once, parents would respect the hb we provide for them, and go along with what they signed onto. Especially when it's all written out for them, so there is no need for any guesswork on their part.
Unregistered 09:26 AM 04-14-2015
Let me rant! You don't pay for child care and you have time off work and you want to bring your kids and of course right up to the last minute I'm open!! Not just one day either! Must be nice! When I stayed home with my kids I had to bring them with me. I didn't have free childcare!! Sure, I get paid but I also pay into that with my taxes. Least you could do is spend some time with your kids instead of dropping them off every day you have off! It's no wonder they whine for TV and juice all the time. Anything to shut them up! They come in crying because you rolled out of bed and threw clothes on (because I insist they are dressed) and then plop them in the car before they have time to wake up. Spend time with your kids people! Don't use free childcare except what it's for...to help you while you work!! That is all.
LysesKids 10:08 AM 04-14-2015
Let me rant! You don't pay for child care and you have time off work and you want to bring your kids and of course right up to the last minute I'm open!! Not just one day either! Must be nice! When I stayed home with my kids I had to bring them with me. I didn't have free childcare!! Sure, I get paid but I also pay into that with my taxes. Least you could do is spend some time with your kids instead of dropping them off every day you have off! It's no wonder they whine for TV and juice all the time. Anything to shut them up! They come in crying because you rolled out of bed and threw clothes on (because I insist they are dressed) and then plop them in the car before they have time to wake up. Spend time with your kids people! Don't use free childcare except what it's for...to help you while you work!! That is all.
My understanding was subsidy only paid for actual work (they have to prove schedules) or school/study time plus a few Federal Holidays... days a parent is off work, I would be charging as cash because I don't think the state will pay for it
Wednesday 01:36 PM 04-14-2015
Dr. prescribed a med that I have to take during the day and it makes me sleepy. I have been one grumpy, desperate-for-a-nap girl today. I can't do this and do my job effectively. I feel like I've been up all night. So I won't be taking these anymore. She'll just have to find an alternative.
jgcp 03:37 PM 04-15-2015
I have a part time dcg that is only here tue and thur and goes to another provider other 3 days. dcm texted me today asking if kids here were sick, that dcg is throwing up ( and her son too, that is at that provider full time) ... um just her last tue REMEMBER you had to pick her up, please take her to the dr if she is still throwing up HELLO!!! Oh and dont bring her tomorrow!
Controlled Chaos 04:17 PM 04-15-2015
Cancelled plans with a good friend so I could do a last minute interview. Caller said she couldn't possibly meet tomorrow or Friday or over the weekend, it had to be today. I really need a 2-4 yo fulltimer and have been getting tons of infant calls, I am worried about not filling it soon. So I cancel the plans with my friend, then the potential client cancels last minute. She says she will call tomorrow to reschedule for Th or Fri. So now you can meet then? WTF so irritated.

AND dcb 4 punched my DS 3 in the crotch today. DS picked up the Lego he wanted, so he punched him. So pissed. This little boy has lots of behavior issues, his dad is in prison. They are moving in 3 weeks, so no point in terming. I need the money until they leave and I fill the spot. He has never physically lashed out before. Just terrible listening and terrible manner. I just want today to be over.
LysesKids 03:45 AM 04-16-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Cancelled plans with a good friend so I could do a last minute interview. Caller said she couldn't possibly meet tomorrow or Friday or over the weekend, it had to be today. I really need a 2-4 yo fulltimer and have been getting tons of infant calls, I am worried about not filling it soon. So I cancel the plans with my friend, then the potential client cancels last minute. She says she will call tomorrow to reschedule for Th or Fri. So now you can meet then? WTF so irritated.

AND dcb 4 punched my DS 3 in the crotch today. DS picked up the Lego he wanted, so he punched him. So pissed. This little boy has lots of behavior issues, his dad is in prison. They are moving in 3 weeks, so no point in terming. I need the money until they leave and I fill the spot. He has never physically lashed out before. Just terrible listening and terrible manner. I just want today to be over.
So sorry for the rough day... BTW, I never offer interviews on Monday or Fridays and definantly not weekends; I might need clients, but I have a life too and will not change my plans anymore just to get someone in the door.
Baby Beluga 07:12 AM 04-16-2015
DCB 2 years 3 months is dropped off and is told (by me) he needs to take off his shoes before he joins in the activity. Which has been a rule since day one. He pouts so mom picks him says "Oh I know you just put them on" and proceeds to take them off and put them away for him.

Really?????

This just might be why I have been having trouble with him taking them off and putting them away himself when we come in from outside time.
Unregistered 11:12 AM 04-16-2015
Is it just me or do others think it's terrible to let a toddler start the car? I have a parent that lets their toddler start the car everyday at pick up. I have no words!!
MsLisa 11:17 AM 04-16-2015
I tell SA kids to pick up whatever they play with....no problem, give or take with 1-2 reminders.

I tell ADULTS to pick up after their class is done....I'm on my 6th reminder and they STILL can't do it.

I am nice enough to share my classroom with a Mommy & Me class and an Art class during non-aftercare hours. I cover any toys I don't want touched, if not all of them, with table clothes. Everything is clearly labeled and pretty brainless to clean. STILL these teachers leave my room a mess. I'm soooo sick of picking up after them. I take pride in my room. It's my money, time and energy to have it as it is. They have broken far more than enough toys.

My niceness stops now. Find another room.
hope 11:31 AM 04-16-2015
Me: did dcg sleep ok last night? She has been really fussy all day and hasn't slept.

Dcm: slept through the night. Good, now she will go in early tonight to catch up. No worries!

Tomorrow I am calling for pick up if it is anything like today. I have an issue with this dcm every single day. All my other families are great. I have 9 more weeks to stick it out and then she is done. I don't have her children for the summer and I am not going to be taking them back next year.
BumbleBee 07:24 PM 04-16-2015
Sleep deprived 3 year old has been a nightmare all week. I gave the problem back to mom and she gave me a list of excuses. I don't care. It's her problem, not mine. I'm done!
AmyLeigh 11:25 AM 04-20-2015
Everyone forgot how to play over the weekend. Sigh.
jgcp 10:07 PM 04-20-2015
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! I gave my new contracts out and the one family I didn't expect issues from is the only one I've had them with? I'm open 7-530 I have a line for parents to write what time pickup will be, they wrote 6 uhhhh?? So i gave them a copy back and in red pen wrote next to that " I close at 530 pickup should be no later than 530" and new late payment in contract, apparently they didn't read this AT ALL!! DCD drops kids off" oh uh can I bring you a check tonight" I just noded sure id love an extra $10. Mom picked up and they obviously didn't discuss anything so no check, great another $10. Boy are they in for a rude awakening...
DaveA 05:38 AM 04-21-2015
Good news/ bad news: Good news is my wife is going to be around the house more the next few days. Bad news is it's because she just jacked up her leg (possible torn calf muscle) so she's off work for at least a week. Which means she be home a LOT MORE the next few days. At least she can keep my MIL entertained and off my butt for a little bit.
Rockgirl 05:47 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Good news/ bad news: Good news is my wife is going to be around the house more the next few days. Bad news is it's because she just jacked up her leg (possible torn calf muscle) so she's off work for at least a week. Which means she be home a LOT MORE the next few days. At least she can keep my MIL entertained and off my butt for a little bit.
I hope she heals quickly! She's training for Iron Man, right? Must be frustrating for her to have to take time off.
childcaremom 02:13 AM 04-22-2015
I just reopened and got to pick which families to enroll. Seriously. Never had this happen before. Giddy with happiness I was.

Now they are all starting.
Dcb 1 - Should have listened to my gut with this one. Planning my potential exit strategy.
Dcb 2 - I am a mostly outdoor program. Comes without proper outdoor wear on day 2. Spoke to mom and she seemed clueless about what to send. Gah. I go over this 4 times in interviews. What I expect them to have. That we go out every day regardless of weather. Also, dcd picks up and asks if there were any serious behavioural issues? His exact words. Wtf? Cue day two.... oh this is what he was wondering about. Planning my potential exit strategy.
Dcb 3 and dcg 4 - start today and I am now dreading my ability to pick kids that I think will fit.

Off to cry into my coffee.
finsup 07:14 AM 04-22-2015
I changed my hours days to monday-thursday last month. I told DCD for the potential 2 Fridays they may need care to plan for that as I would not be open. I get a message asking if DCB could come on a Friday 2.5 weeks from now because they both have to work. First off that's a lie. DCM has told me time and time again she doesn't get her schedule that early (we've had scheduling issues in the past). So really its DCD has to work, mom "might" have to and they don't want to make alternative arrangements. Answer is, and will always be, no. Guess you shouldn't have gotten mad when I even offered to help you find back up. Ugh. So ready to be done with this! I'll keep saying no and repeating "I am closed on Fridays. No exceptions." But really how many times is it going to take?!
BumbleBee 09:05 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! I gave my new contracts out and the one family I didn't expect issues from is the only one I've had them with? I'm open 7-530 I have a line for parents to write what time pickup will be, they wrote 6 uhhhh?? So i gave them a copy back and in red pen wrote next to that " I close at 530 pickup should be no later than 530" and new late payment in contract, apparently they didn't read this AT ALL!! DCD drops kids off" oh uh can I bring you a check tonight" I just noded sure id love an extra $10. Mom picked up and they obviously didn't discuss anything so no check, great another $10. Boy are they in for a rude awakening...
*snicker* I know this is a vent and you're frustrated, but I'm cracking up. PLEASE keep us updated on how things go. Maybe they should READ what they sign next time!
Martha Stewart 11:21 AM 04-22-2015
Take a nap already!

2.5 more days....I can do this, but please? Please consider a nap.
jgcp 10:22 AM 04-23-2015
*snicker* I know this is a vent and you're frustrated, but I'm cracking up. PLEASE keep us updated on how things go. Maybe they should READ what they sign next time!
LOL Its almost like they are all testing me now?! had another dcm today let me know dcg would not be here, she also says because it was such short notice that if i needed to keep todays payment she would understand... WOULD YOU?? because clearly you dont understand anything!!! i let her know that, just like writen in my contract, i do not do credits when THEIR schedule changes, so yes i would be keeping the payment and everyone is getting their billing slips today so i am anxious to see what dcd says about that extra $20
Im starting to hate ppl more everyday ( except my littles)
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 04-23-2015
LOL Its almost like they are all testing me now?! had another dcm today let me know dcg would not be here, she also says because it was such short notice that if i needed to keep todays payment she would understand... WOULD YOU?? because clearly you dont understand anything!!! i let her know that, just like writen in my contract, i do not do credits when THEIR schedule changes, so yes i would be keeping the payment and everyone is getting their billing slips today so i am anxious to see what dcd says about that extra $20
Im starting to hate ppl more everyday ( except my littles)
((hugs)) it sucks having to be the long arm of the law but like you said....people don't read anything and even if they do, they rarely understand.

Make sure you add a note stating ALL fees (including those late fees) are due BEFORE any additional services are provided. ...if that is your policy.

I had a mom do what you mentioned above (suggested I could keep her payment...I have same rule you do) and she was clearly upset that I wasn't going to refund her.

Same mom a few weeks later picked up late and although she apologized made an off handed comment about me not being serious about late pick up fees.... I went about my business and when she came the next day with her check in hand for the upcoming week (no late fee for pick up had been added in) I took the check and immediately subtracted the late fees she owed.

This left no pay for Thursday and Friday.

When she came to the door on Thursday I told her she hadn't paid and couldn't stay. She said "I paid on time last Friday"

I said "I know but it wasn't enough to cover all week"

She said "Did you raise your rates?"

I said "No."

I then explained what I did and she said "So can I just bring it tonight at pick up?"

I said "Sure! But daycare kid can't stay because you haven't paid."

She said "I told you I would bring it at pick up"

I said "I am okay with that but if you don't pay in advance there is no care so you can bring it whenever you want...I am flexible about that but I am NOT flexible about providing services without payment"

...she left.

with child and went to bank.

Came back with cash in hand.

NO clue why she had to make it so difficult. She'd been here a long time so she knew my rules.

She just thought I wasn't serious.

Usually you only have to do it once and never again because they believe you if you do it the first time.

I still have this family. I'm in their 3rd kid and they don't pay or pick up late.
BumbleBee 04:06 PM 04-23-2015
((hugs)) it sucks having to be the long arm of the law but like you said....people don't read anything and even if they do, they rarely understand.

Make sure you add a note stating ALL fees (including those late fees) are due BEFORE any additional services are provided. ...if that is your policy.

I had a mom do what you mentioned above (suggested I could keep her payment...I have same rule you do) and she was clearly upset that I wasn't going to refund her.

Same mom a few weeks later picked up late and although she apologized made an off handed comment about me not being serious about late pick up fees.... I went about my business and when she came the next day with her check in hand for the upcoming week (no late fee for pick up had been added in) I took the check and immediately subtracted the late fees she owed.

This left no pay for Thursday and Friday.

When she came to the door on Thursday I told her she hadn't paid and couldn't stay. She said "I paid on time last Friday"

I said "I know but it wasn't enough to cover all week"

She said "Did you raise your rates?"

I said "No."

I then explained what I did and she said "So can I just bring it tonight at pick up?"

I said "Sure! But daycare kid can't stay because you haven't paid."

She said "I told you I would bring it at pick up"

I said "I am okay with that but if you don't pay in advance there is no care so you can bring it whenever you want...I am flexible about that but I am NOT flexible about providing services without payment"

...she left.

with child and went to bank.

Came back with cash in hand.

NO clue why she had to make it so difficult. She'd been here a long time so she knew my rules.

She just thought I wasn't serious.

Usually you only have to do it once and never again because they believe you if you do it the first time.

I still have this family. I'm in their 3rd kid and they don't pay or pick up late.
Some daycare parents are just big toddlers.
Thriftylady 04:12 PM 04-23-2015
DCM says to me today "I don't feel like DCG is getting enough to drink here because she is dying of thirst when she gets home" UM she is 13 months now and her cup is sitting right there, I finally taught her how to hold it today after four days in care. Get her off the D*** bottle. And no, she didn't nap because I told you I can't rock her to sleep and I am not putting her in my bed and sleeping with her.
Leigh 02:43 PM 04-27-2015
It's 17 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. You better hurry if you're still picking up your kid early because you miss her SOOOO much! (like you told me this morning)
Thriftylady 03:42 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
It's 17 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. You better hurry if you're still picking up your kid early because you miss her SOOOO much! (like you told me this morning)
I had a DCM tell me this morning, I am planning to be here at four today. At five she texts me, in town now, gotta stop at the bank be there soon. Yeah whatever.
BumbleBee 04:46 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Had one today pick up at 5:58 (I close at 6) then tell me how she feels like she never gets to spend time with her kid. Alrighty then.
Unregistered 05:08 PM 04-27-2015
I have a husband and wife here that say they feel bad that their jobs takes so much of their time from their children. What a joke because they are the last ones to pick up especially on the days they do not work, and on the days they are off or on vacation they rush to drop off and pickup at the last possible minute because they are going to the beach or some other adventure without the children. They flat told me once that they were waiting for a day the children are at daycare so they can check outthis one place together. To make it worse they need to ask me what their children can say and do for their wellness check up ASQ because they don't know. So sad the type of parents these days. Shouldn't have children if that's the case.
jgcp 06:37 PM 04-27-2015
ok so thursday billing was in the folders and i had the late payment charges on there, the dcd stood there looking at it for 3 min!! not kidding!! didnt say anything when he left. This morning he wouldnt look at me or talk to me all i got was a "here" when he handed me the check and he left... way to act like an adult buddy. He was the same way at pickup today... bet he'll pay on time from now on.

on the whole other hand, dcm of another child decided that it would be ok to PLOP down on my couch and then proceded to read a REALLY LONG book(id say after today its the longest book i have) to dcg?? WTF, if your so tired go home and get off my couch, geeeeez!!!!
kitykids3 07:02 AM 04-28-2015
Ugh! Employee just told me she isn't handling a certain child til she knows what's going on, even though we have doc note saying he can come if he's covered. No one else has got it here or at his home, yet because her daughter has it she is sure it came from here, but even if so, it's cuz she didn't wash hands good enough and took it home. If you can't be around sick kids, then daycare is the wrong place for you! You don't get to tell me you don't want to work cuz you don't take proper precautions like we're supposed to help prevent spread. Listening to your friends has no relevance! I run a safe clean daycare. There is little to no risk if you follow proper procedure.
MsLisa 07:05 AM 04-28-2015
I have a husband and wife here that say they feel bad that their jobs takes so much of their time from their children. What a joke because they are the last ones to pick up especially on the days they do not work, and on the days they are off or on vacation they rush to drop off and pickup at the last possible minute because they are going to the beach or some other adventure without the children. They flat told me once that they were waiting for a day the children are at daycare so they can check outthis one place together. To make it worse they need to ask me what their children can say and do for their wellness check up ASQ because they don't know. So sad the type of parents these days. Shouldn't have children if that's the case.
I have a classroom full of the results from these types of parents. They want nothing to do with their kid, pick them up the latest they can and then just jam them into as many extra curricular activities they can find so that its bedtime and they didn't have to spend anytime with them. In return I have some of the most neediest, attention seeking/starved kids i've ever met. Its a damn shame.
Leigh 10:46 AM 04-28-2015
Usually, I feel so lucky to have the crew that I do. USUALLY, they get along well and days are pretty easy.

TODAY? I am ready to call every one of their parents and tell them to pick up and not bring them back til Monday. I have a sib groub here who started 3 weeks ago (they just entered the foster care system). They have brought in horrible illnesses and now everyone has a snotty nose, everyone has been treating for pink eye for 2 weeks, everyone is cranky, and no one can be nice to each other. I've dealt with thrown food, tantrums from kids way big enough to know better (one is still going on-has been for 45 minutes-it's my foster kid who is upset that her mom stood her up at the visitation today and took it out on my 19 month old's head with a toy). Twice today, I've had 5-6 kids crying at once (from 3 months through 4 years!). Pushing, hitting, crying, throwing food, whining, tattling. I WISH I had a different job today, and I never feel that way! I can't believe it's only Tuesday!
jgcp 05:53 PM 04-28-2015
Seriously....SERIOUSLY??? Same dcd that just had to pay late payment fees is now going to have late pickup fees. I think these parents are just a**holes!! I Havnt even gotten the courtesy of a text to let me know they're going to be late. This is just so disrespectful! Im beyond pissed!!
jgcp 06:23 PM 04-28-2015
This is what i have sitting in my text waiting to see if i get less pissed in the next 5 min before i hit send

"Im wondering why there is such a lack of respect for me and my business that neither you or husband would not let me know that you would be late picking up the kids?? Not only is it so simple but i have a life other that watching children and make plans and appointments that i have to cancel or reschedule. If it or a late payment happen agian i will have no choice but to terminate care immediately".

I didnt even get a sorry or anything just a "night" when dcd picked up and i was so mad that if i would have said anything at the time it would have been very very ugly
Pepperth 06:24 AM 05-01-2015
New family just postponed new baby's start date another week because she had a rough night. I didn't mind when it was still April because they'd already paid to hold the spot that month. Now it's May. I'm going to need more money. Oh, and I've been up cleaning since 5:30 (That's my own issue though. I'm kinda OCD about people I don't know that well coming into my home.) I'm just starting to feel like this kid is never going to start.
Baby Beluga 06:30 AM 05-01-2015
This is what i have sitting in my text waiting to see if i get less pissed in the next 5 min before i hit send

"Im wondering why there is such a lack of respect for me and my business that neither you or husband would not let me know that you would be late picking up the kids?? Not only is it so simple but i have a life other that watching children and make plans and appointments that i have to cancel or reschedule. If it or a late payment happen agian i will have no choice but to terminate care immediately".

I didnt even get a sorry or anything just a "night" when dcd picked up and i was so mad that if i would have said anything at the time it would have been very very ugly
I'm sorry what ever happened with these parents?
Snowmom 08:05 AM 05-01-2015
I like you DCM, but if you tell me it's just DCG's allergies ONE more time, I'm coming to your house and spreading the "allergies" she gave to ALL the other kids at your place.
daycarediva 09:19 AM 05-01-2015
I had to threaten immediate termination to get a dcp to renew a child's medical forms to allow me to give him his nebulizer. No, I will not give it 'just this once' without an up to date form. THEN she was livid because I told her I wanted her to bring me a new neb with the form. It isn't empty-yet, but it expires 5/15.

YOUR CHILD CAN'T BREATHE. YOU'RE DANG RIGHT I'M SERIOUS.
hope 11:47 AM 05-01-2015
I have siblings 3 and 1 yo. 3 yo dcg is home with dcd today "sick". I heard she really got kicked out of preschool because dcm is a big pain and argues over every detail. Not sure when they will let me know or if we will keep up this charade till the end of the school year. Younger sibling is with me and I know she will be picked up at the very last minute yet dcd is home. This dcg is my toughest one and life here is much more peaceful without her. Only 7 more weeks of their madness. Countdown is going.
AmyLeigh 08:03 AM 05-04-2015
Day 1 back off of a wonderful vacation and first drop off is a grumpy, sleep deprived 2 yo.
Yay...this ought to be fun.
daycarediva 03:50 PM 05-04-2015
a day filled with sleep deprived, miserable, catered to preschoolers. At least most took great naps (all but 1, who whined the ENTIRE nap)

How can they be miserable outside surrounded by a playground and extras of early childhood in BEAUTIFUL spring weather?! I ended up putting away 90% of the things they were fighting over and giving them the option between the art easel, bubbles or chalk.

Oh and the only one NOT miserable is now PETRIFIED OF ANY BUG. Fly goes by? SCREAMING TERROR. Someone SAID they saw a bee? SCREAMING AND CLIMBING ME LIKE A MONKEY.

It's going to be a long summer. My kids going to k need to LEAVE already.
Annalee 06:09 PM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
a day filled with sleep deprived, miserable, catered to preschoolers. At least most took great naps (all but 1, who whined the ENTIRE nap)

How can they be miserable outside surrounded by a playground and extras of early childhood in BEAUTIFUL spring weather?! I ended up putting away 90% of the things they were fighting over and giving them the option between the art easel, bubbles or chalk.

Oh and the only one NOT miserable is now PETRIFIED OF ANY BUG. Fly goes by? SCREAMING TERROR. Someone SAID they saw a bee? SCREAMING AND CLIMBING ME LIKE A MONKEY.

It's going to be a long summer. My kids going to k need to LEAVE already.
on the kids going to kindy. I have 4 leaving but the ONE I want to leave in may is staying till school starts in August
BumbleBee 06:11 PM 05-04-2015
Monday's usually go well for me and Tuesday's are awful. Given how bad this Monday went I'm afraid to open tomorrow!

3 year old had a 45 minute tantrum and peed his pants in the middle of it.

2 year old tested every limit.

7 week old was overtired and kept being woken up by Mr. Pee Pee Tantrum. Of course he also decided he was starving to death when I was in the middle of prepping lunch.

18 month old instigated the 2 year old all day.

Tomorrow I get to add my 3.5 year old spirited dck, after 4 days home with mom, and his brother, 17 month old Whiny McWhiner.

Bring it on
LysesKids 03:51 AM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
on the kids going to kindy. I have 4 leaving but the ONE I want to leave in may is staying till school starts in August
What was it with yesterday... usually my littles are so good; oh wait... one slept all day & woke after nap with a fever of 102; neither parent answered their phone for 2 hrs (turns out mom & dad split over weekend & he broke her phone... more on that later), then my afternoon stubborn child (10 months) started his tantrum the minute he was set down, setting off a crying contest from the sick 12 month old & the 2 six month old girls - 30 minutes, not a one would calm down; my neighbor across the street (my back up) even tried. Last night after they all left I went & played with my roses for an hour lol
childcaremom 09:02 AM 05-05-2015
Grrr. The family that I am having some issues with now sent Grandma over during rest time to deliver sunscreen.

While I appreciate the gesture, seriously?

Why do I even bother writing and printing out my handbook when clearly no one follows it!

Ok. I feel better.
Leigh 11:56 AM 05-07-2015
Just had a call from a mom who needs care at 7AM. I inform her that I open at 7:30 and refer her to someone else. She's like Really? Wow. Hmm.... so, can I drop him off a few minutes before 7:30? No, I don't open until 7:30. Hmm. Okaaaaay. Huh. I tell her that I know that XXX opens at 7-give her a try. Um, maybe I can work it out at 7:30. Hmmm.

Oh, good God. PLEASE don't call me back.
jgcp 09:56 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I'm sorry what ever happened with these parents?
Well Yesterday it was nearing 530 and no one in sight so i called dcd and told him i needed to leave my house no later than 535? Was he close? ( they pick up anywhere from 4- 530 or when they feel like it 6) he was, but still ended up being late. But this time i did tell him they cant be late anymore that i have to much going on in the evening his response " Oh ya absolutly" Im going to ask mon if he has actually looked at the contract himself. Also the kids have no school mon, did dcp mention anything? NOPE heard from kids... so i texted dcm and she says " you'll be the one and only that day"? So i told her its a full day charge instead of part day ( they brought them at christmas time with a check for only part time care) Not happening again! Im advertising for open spots but i really cant term them unless i can fill the spots Believe me i would term in a heartbeat if i could
UnderAppreciated 12:26 PM 05-08-2015
Ok, so I have a ton to vent about but right now I just wonder how many dcp's I will have to remind to pay their fees today.
DaveA 04:45 AM 05-11-2015
Figures- only have two kids today (2 y/o dcb & infant). Today we could go do one of his favorite things (park/ zoo/ nature gardens) to his little heart's content, and it is supposed to rain. hard. all dang day.
LysesKids 03:36 PM 05-11-2015
Backstory... mom & dad not married, had little man in care since Feb (mom signed contract); long story short, dad is having issues with some policies including paying when kid is sick... having to pay late pick up fees etc, plus they split lat week.

The late pick-up is becoming regular on his part because he sleeps thru the alarm ( works 3rd shift ); mom drops between 7-8am... he has until 5pm to get kid. Last Friday, neither paid ( 2nd incident), then the antics started at 9pm on my phone... by 7am on Saturday dad's mom (infants grammy) was knocking at my door with pay - this after mom says he won't make it to pay me, she can swing by after 10am - nope. I told her they paid I close 6pm on Friday.... you are not to call, try to pay etc until after I open on Monday. Today, again dad shows up 35 minutes late - they already lost the grace period, so he wrote a check for $35 - mobile deposit ASAP by phone and gave last warning.

Mom is redoing contract on WED to add an hour per day @ $5 day... dad isn't happy - I told him you aren't on birth cert, you didn't sign last contract & you are about to cause her to lose childcare - it's either an extra $15 week or next month there will be no Nana care ( I leave for vacay Friday night lol); No more late pick ups... BTW, his mom was told Saturday when she woke me up... she agrees with me & told him so - rant over
Onawhim 06:59 AM 05-12-2015
Let me start this vent by saying I understand wear and tear happens on things at daycare. Since I started doing this in October I've bought 4 princess crowns. Dcg4 has broken all 4 of them, I just put a new one out yesterday morning and today by 11 she broke it. Even though she was told to leave it alone. She snapped it in two.. So frustrated right now.
Leigh 07:49 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Let me start this vent by saying I understand wear and tear happens on things at daycare. Since I started doing this in October I've bought 4 princess crowns. Dcg4 has broken all 4 of them, I just put a new one out yesterday morning and today by 11 she broke it. Even though she was told to leave it alone. She snapped it in two.. So frustrated right now.
I'd ask DCG4's Mommy and Daddy to show up with 4 new princess crowns tomorrow.
Second Home 07:52 AM 05-12-2015
I have in my policies / handbook that if a child frequently or intentionally breaks toys then the parents are responsible for paying for the item .
Unregistered 08:53 AM 05-12-2015
I can't wait till my last day of doing daycare! I'm so tired of the crying and the hanging on me when I'm preparing lunch. I CAN NOT hold you every waking minute! Where are my ear plugs? I love you but, this lady can only take so much. 😐
Rockgirl 09:01 AM 05-12-2015
Here, dcg would not be allowed to play with princess crowns. If she's broken four of them, she's clearly too rough.
hope 06:23 AM 05-14-2015
Dcm picked up here yesterday at 4:30 (asked for late pu due to a meeting) and put her 1yo to bed at 5:30. Why have children?
Unregistered 08:08 AM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Dcm picked up here yesterday at 4:30 (asked for late pu due to a meeting) and put her 1yo to bed at 5:30. Why have children?
That's what I want to know too. I have a family with an 18month old, comes everyday unless I say can't because of illness, and yes they will try to bring dck even when dck is not feeling well, they always use the teething excuse, uh no. They can't even tell dck is ill until I recommend to see the dr. Ever day pick up when I close at 4 and put to bed by 6-6:30. Umm and they wonder why dck calls me mommy and need to ask me what dck new words and new skills are. They are not even young parents and dck has an older sibling. I think they had kids just because it was expected of them from friends and families because they are very career driven and the kids take a backseat.
NeedaVaca 03:58 PM 05-14-2015
Well there goes an hour of my life I will never get back At least I saw the warning signs...and she was absolutely shocked when I said I had other interviews scheduled this weekend and I would let her know MY decision next week. Yes, she thought she was interviewing me and didn't realize she was also being interviewed lol
Sunshine74 11:28 AM 05-15-2015
New dcb is SO munch fun.. Without getting into too many details, he has never had structure or rules (he's 2 1/2). His situation recently changed, which is how he ended up with us.

Well, he is a screamer. Can't play with what he wants- scream, doesn't want to clean- scream, doesn't want to sit for lunch- well. You get the idea. He also hates when we sing, so circle time had been though. Nap has been awful because anytime we tell him "shhh" or, "kids are sleeping" he just yells louder.

Though there is a silver lining, most of our kids have just slept through all the screaming.

Is it 5:30 yet? 🍹
Unregistered 05:18 AM 05-18-2015
Hey, here's and idea, why don't you check your childs's diaper and change it before you bring your child to my house! He either comes with a full out butt wedgie or his diaper plum full of pee! Ugh!
Play Care 05:29 AM 05-18-2015
The now 1 year old. Love him to bits, but he needs to decide if he need the AM nap or not - some days you can't get him down and others he's out like a light.
Decide already kiddo!!

This too shall pass
Indoorvoice 09:21 AM 05-20-2015
I really wish that my friends and neighbors would realize that I don't want to watch other people's kids 24/7. All of these people know I run a daycare but think nothing of asking me to watch their kids after hours. I know they probably aren't thinking that much into it and aren't trying to be rude, but I wish they would just realize it's a lot to ask. I always say no, but I would rather they just get the hint and not ask at all so I don't constantly have to be the bad guy!
Rockgirl 09:28 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I really wish that my friends and neighbors would realize that I don't want to watch other people's kids 24/7. All of these people know I run a daycare but think nothing of asking me to watch their kids after hours. I know they probably aren't thinking that much into it and aren't trying to be rude, but I wish they would just realize it's a lot to ask. I always say no, but I would rather they just get the hint and not ask at all so I don't constantly have to be the bad guy!
They probably think you'd jump at the chance, you know, since you LOVE it so much! I'd say "No, I don't watch children outside of daycare hours." Seriously, do they want to get off work, and go straight to another job exactly like the one they just left?
Indoorvoice 09:57 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
They probably think you'd jump at the chance, you know, since you LOVE it so much! I'd say "No, I don't watch children outside of daycare hours." Seriously, do they want to get off work, and go straight to another job exactly like the one they just left?
I know! Seriously! The thing that makes me feel terrible is that I'm usually home anyway and could totally do it. But sometimes I just want to take my bra off, turn on the TV, and cuddle with my OWN kids on the couch without worrying about anybody else!
Rockgirl 10:00 AM 05-20-2015
I know! Seriously! The thing that makes me feel terrible is that I'm usually home anyway and could totally do it. But sometimes I just want to take my bra off, turn on the TV, and cuddle with my OWN kids on the couch without worrying about anybody else!
Don't feel bad about this! Just because you are home doesn't mean you're obligated to take kids. The neighbors wouldn't want someone from their job dropping off an extra load of work and saying, "You're here doing nothing--get to work!" Lol
mommyneedsadayoff 10:11 AM 05-20-2015
I have this same issue, but with family! My weekends are so precious to me and I have told them this a million times, but they still ask me if I can watch the kids wile they go shop. I am like, NO! I want to go shop too, so how about you watch my kids for a change!
Turquoise14 11:15 AM 05-20-2015
Last day for dcb 2 1/2 before staying home with his teacher parents for the summer. He has had the boogeriest day today. He is always a booger, but today he is ramping it up. He hit dcb2 in the face with a hot wheels car because he didn't want to let the little guy play with a toy, and it looks awful. I hate telling parents about these sorts of things.
childcaremom 05:14 AM 05-22-2015
My problem family.... Was late to pick up due to construction. Late fees $30. Dad comes in today and asks me if I think it's fair? Um, yes, it's in my policies. But we couldn't help it. Fair enough but it's in my policies that it doesn't matter why you are late, you still pay late fees.

Then he argues that he can't get from work to here. I suggest having a back up person who can pick up on time in this type of scenario. He argues that no one would be able to get here. Seriously, 3 different ways into my subdivision. Then he says I wouldn't be able to get out anyways to get my kids (who are in an afterschool program). I would but that's not even the point.

You agreed to these policies. They are non-negotiable. The time to question them is over. Get with the program or get over it. (this is not the first, second or third issue. And they have only been here a month)

I am seriously considering terming immediately due to this. So mad at this family.
Blackcat31 05:20 AM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
My problem family.... Was late to pick up due to construction. Late fees $30. Dad comes in today and asks me if I think it's fair? Um, yes, it's in my policies. But we couldn't help it. Fair enough but it's in my policies that it doesn't matter why you are late, you still pay late fees.

Then he argues that he can't get from work to here. I suggest having a back up person who can pick up on time in this type of scenario. He argues that no one would be able to get here. Seriously, 3 different ways into my subdivision. Then he says I wouldn't be able to get out anyways to get my kids (who are in an afterschool program). I would but that's not even the point.

You agreed to these policies. They are non-negotiable. The time to question them is over. Get with the program or get over it. (this is not the first, second or third issue. And they have only been here a month)

I am seriously considering terming immediately due to this. So mad at this family.
Sorry you are dealing with this. In my opinion, the arguing about policies AFTER agreeing to them just irks me to no end. Probably my biggest pet peeve as of late.

I just can't wrap my head around "WHY" parents think things are or should be just left on the table for discussion. Child care is seriously the ONLY financial obligation families feel they can negotiate in....

It wasn't like the construction just appeared out of no where....
Play Care 06:23 AM 05-22-2015
I had a parent give notice last week that their child's last day would be June 12.

At the beginning of this week I realized that I would only have one child in attendance Friday - his. Per my holiday policy I close on holidays where there are less than 3 children in attendance. He no called/no showed yesterday and didn't respond to my text.

He owes me for the coming week and the next week - the last week is deposit week. I hope he's not thinking of trying to stiff me.
childcaremom 07:50 AM 05-22-2015
Same family.... little guy doesn't look well. I make a comment on how he looks like he is getting sick. His sister pipes up that he is, mommy said he was warm last night.

Ugh. Seriously.

I call for pick up. Dad is annoyed he has to pick up both kids. Why? It is my policy: one pick up, one drop off. Period.

Stop!!!!!!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Sunshine74 07:34 AM 05-28-2015
We made chalk paint for a fun activity outside. Well, one dcg knocked over the cornstarch in the middle of preschool room as we were going through, two were pushing to get around the table, and the paint was way too thin and it ended up being a 30 second activity. Sigh.
AmyLeigh 12:53 PM 05-28-2015
Ugh, the sweet little girl who has a lot of annoying habits...

I can deal with it, but she is getting on everyone else's nerves now, too.

I have been working on some of the behaviors, but she is here only 3 days a week and is babied by family members the rest of the time. It's not bad enough to term, just enough to get everyone annoyed. I feel bad for her because she really is sweet, but clueless how to interact with other people.

At least she is only here until school starts in August.
MsLisa 07:15 AM 05-29-2015
Ugh! Why oh why can't I have an Aide who thinks like me!?!
I feel horrible but every young 20-something I meet and work with has turned out to be a self-absorbed, unprofessional dip****. It sucks even more cause me and her have built a pretty cool friendship outside of work and I'm not one to have female friends. She can be a really cool person. So I feel bad but she's been turning down the same dark path that gets you kicked from my program. I had such hopes too....
Annalee 08:14 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Ugh! Why oh why can't I have an Aide who thinks like me!?!
I feel horrible but every young 20-something I meet and work with has turned out to be a self-absorbed, unprofessional dip****. It sucks even more cause me and her have built a pretty cool friendship outside of work and I'm not one to have female friends. She can be a really cool person. So I feel bad but she's been turning down the same dark path that gets you kicked from my program. I had such hopes too....
I work with my mom and have the entire 20+ years and it works great....if she retires, I go back to 7 children because I could NOT work with anyone else full-time.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31  ... Last
Reply Up