Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Texas...
daycare 07:48 AM 09-06-2017
To all of you in Texas, just wanted to send some love and hope. I just can't stop thinking about all the devastation in our nation right now.

From the fires in Oregon to the floods in Texas, DACA, global issues and so the list can go on, I woke up with a broken heart and fear. I have not felt this way since I was a child.

Hope that everyone is in a good place today or with good people around you, no matter where you live!
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
To all of you in Texas, just wanted to send some love and hope. I just can't stop thinking about all the devastation in our nation right now.

From the fires in Oregon to the floods in Texas, DACA, global issues and so the list can go on, I woke up with a broken heart and fear. I have not felt this way since I was a child.

Hope that everyone is in a good place today or with good people around you, no matter where you live!
Hoping Irma isn't as devastating as Harvey has been.

and to all!
daycare 08:37 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Hoping Irma isn't as devastating as Harvey has been.

and to all!
me too. I watched a video this morning of some very kind people helping a disabled citizen from his two story home and I just broke down crying to see the unity, but more the devastation others are facing. Made me realize that my complaints really are just that.

I have not been following the information on Irma, but I did hear that it is expected to be bigger than Harvery? Is that true?
Blackcat31 09:03 AM 09-06-2017
me too. I watched a video this morning of some very kind people helping a disabled citizen from his two story home and I just broke down crying to see the unity, but more the devastation others are facing. Made me realize that my complaints really are just that.

I have not been following the information on Irma, but I did hear that it is expected to be bigger than Harvery? Is that true?
The meteorologist on Good Morning America said Irma was so big in some areas (like Turks and Caicos) that it can't even be measured so...yeah, I think it is MUCH bigger than Harvey... This link says biggest Atlantic storm EVER http://news.sky.com/story/hurricane-...-down-11020602

Praying for the folks in the Caribbean islands that are in the direct path of this as well as those it may affect in Florida.
Josiegirl 09:49 AM 09-06-2017
Praying for the safety and health of everyone that has been through Harvey and the ones that are now facing Irma. Hard grappling with all of this and most of us live miles and miles away; all we're seeing is what's in the news. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in the center of it all.
daycare 05:28 PM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Praying for the safety and health of everyone that has been through Harvey and the ones that are now facing Irma. Hard grappling with all of this and most of us live miles and miles away; all we're seeing is what's in the news. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in the center of it all.
I feel the same way. I woke up feeling so horribly sad for all of these people that I don't even know, but feel so much for.
Mom2Two 11:43 AM 09-08-2017
The meteorologist on weather.com said that he tries to not over-hype storms, and then he went on to say how terrible this was going to be to Florida. Yikes!

I feel so bad for those small islands. They say that Barbuda is not even habitable anymore--almost everyone is homeless.

And two more storms coming behind Irma!
daycare 07:23 AM 09-09-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
The meteorologist on weather.com said that he tries to not over-hype storms, and then he went on to say how terrible this was going to be to Florida. Yikes!

I feel so bad for those small islands. They say that Barbuda is not even habitable anymore--almost everyone is homeless.

And two more storms coming behind Irma!
Wow! I have a dcf that is flying to Florida this weekend. I wonder if they make it there due to cancelled flights.

��
LysesKids 07:48 AM 09-10-2017
Wow! I have a dcf that is flying to Florida this weekend. I wonder if they make it there due to cancelled flights.

��
My DD and her family were under mandatory evacuation 2 days ago (4 grandkids); they are staying with hubbies parents because that house is bigger. They made it to SC first night, MD yesterday. Still worried about younger dd as she is stationed in GA
daycare 09:15 AM 09-10-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
My DD and her family were under mandatory evacuation 2 days ago (4 grandkids); they are staying with hubbies parents because that house is bigger. They made it to SC first night, MD yesterday. Still worried about younger dd as she is stationed in GA
Awee. I'm sorry. I hope you have heard from all of your family and they are all safe.
Josiegirl 02:01 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Keeping safe thoughts for your dd!! Glad to hear your other dd and her family evacuated alright.
daycarediva 09:37 AM 09-11-2017
Irma's downgraded to a tropical storm.

MUCH better than what was predicted!
Mike 04:48 PM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Irma's downgraded to a tropical storm.

MUCH better than what was predicted!
That's good news.
daycare 09:13 PM 09-11-2017
Wow that is fantastic. I was to visit the Dutch islands of Saint Martin next month but doesn't look like I will be going, I guess Irma took most of it out. So so so sad.
Tags:texas floods
Reply Up