Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trial Day Went Well
dEHmom 09:32 AM 02-03-2011
Ok, so I posted part of my day with this dcg on the Help please thread.

Today was the trial day, to see how it went.

1) she's scared of dogs
2) she puts her hands in her mouth (clearly a coping thing) AND washing her hands is fun for her so that's not going to work well!
3) worried about her speech and the way she makes noises and moves her jaw
4) it was a very good day overall though.
5) dcg had socks on today!

Both when mom had to move the van on interview day, and today when mom brought her in, dcg gave me a big hug! Mom said this is rare, and she has only ever gone to and hugged 1 other person before.

Mom was very pleased today, and when she picked up said she will be calling me next week!
I asked mom about the auto immune, and what kind it is. And she just said "oh you don't have to worry about it, that's my oldest daughter, and she will never be here". I tried asking a few more times about it, and she didn't answer me. So she's not very concerned I guess.
lvt77 09:36 AM 02-03-2011
Isnt if funny how we over worry sometimes for no reason at all?? lol I am queen of it..

I hope that it works out well for you.. Sounds like it went pretty good!!

Little People 09:38 AM 02-03-2011
I am glad you have a great day and that everything went pretty smooth! Let us know if she calls you and signs your papers!
SandeeAR 10:15 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I asked mom about the auto immune, and what kind it is. And she just said "oh you don't have to worry about it, that's my oldest daughter, and she will never be here". I tried asking a few more times about it, and she didn't answer me. So she's not very concerned I guess.
To me that would be a red flag! It's not the Mom isn't concerned, she doesn't WANT you to know what is wrong with the other child. She is afraid you will turn her down if you know what is up. If she wouldn't talk to me about it before I took her kids, I, personally, would keep looking for another kid.
dEHmom 10:25 AM 02-03-2011
Thanks all!

She handed me the signed contracts when she dropped off. I wouldn't have watched LO if she hadn't given me that.

I'm not too worried. The only reason the auto immune every came up is because she just said if anyone is ever ill please let her know, because she will just not come that day. Her oldest has auto immune, and they just try to avoid getting sick as much as they can.
Reply Up