Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>From Tears To Finding My Backbone :) I Called The Parents To Get Him!!
SunshineMama 06:38 AM 03-09-2012
Sorry for the long post- I just felt the need to share, because if I can do it, anyone can!

I have been posting about this all week. DCB and the nasty diaharrea blowouts. Parents take him home- say he's fine, he comes back.... blow out!

This morning, 10 minutes after drop off, dcb has a horrible blow out- all over the high chair, himself top to bottom, I have to take him out and undress him on the tile floor- it gets all over the floor, all over me, etc. You get the point. Thank God dh was home to watch the other kids while I got everything cleaned and sanitized.

I called dcp's and told them they had to get him immediately, and that I have been dealing with this all week (I had them keep him Tuesday for this same issue but let is slide Weds and Thurs because I was too meek to call them), and that I just can't handle all of the other kids and keep doing 1 on 1 diaharrea care and clean up. Not to mention that I don't want someone else's feces all over my house every day of the week, several times a day. (Ok, that's my vent portion of the story).

DCD picks up dcb, and says he doesn't know what is going on, since they don't have these problems at their house. (Well, since he is here 10 hours a day and he is mostly sleeping during the week with you, I'm sure that's why- I see him more). I told him I am not sure what is going on either, but maybe it is time for a call to the doc. The child has no fever, and is in a great mood- just bad diaharrea every day. DCD casually mentions that DCM gave him milk this morning, and that they have been trying to get him on cow's milk.

Say Whaaaaaat!?! Perhaps the child is not able to tolerate cow's milk!?! (I hate cow's milk, personally- it causes more problems than its worth).

Anyway, I am proud of myself for calling them to get him. I really don't do nasty liquid poop, and I definitely don't do it multiple times a week, let alone a day. I am (should say WAS) a very quiet, non-confrontational person, and it took a lot of inner strength for me to call them to get him. Actually it took DH this morning, after looking at the tears in my eyes as I had to deal with this again, telling me to call them. Yes, I had tears in my eyes, because of the stress of it all. I was feeling helpless and out of control of the situation. I felt disrespected and looked down upon. But today sparked a change inside me, and my backbone got a little bigger. And now that I went past my previous thresh-hold, I think I can do it again!

You do this long enough and everyone has their breaking point, where they say that they will not tolerate "it" (whatever it may be) is anymore. I hit that point today. I have to control my house. I have an obligation to my family, and the other families present. This is MY domain, and I am the boss!

Just wanted to share.
Breezy 06:48 AM 03-09-2012
Yayyyyy you!!!!!!
SunshineMama 07:02 AM 03-09-2012
THANKS! I think the first time is the hardest but if it continues I am fully prepared to lose him, because I will not hesitate to call them again.
PitterPatter 07:14 AM 03-09-2012
WTG sunshinemama!

I would never deal with explosive bowel movements. Usually 2 loose stools they go but my gosh what you explained UGH! They would be sent home ASAP. Maybe now that the parents get to have them longer they will experience it themselves. I also find it hard to believe that they haven't had at least 1 loose BM. Probably fibbing to you because if they admit it then they have to keep the child home.

Now make sure you exercise that backbone regularly to keep it strong
Mom&Provider 08:03 AM 03-09-2012
Good for you!!
GoodKarma 08:05 AM 03-09-2012
Sorry to hear your day started so terribly! Good for you for putting your foot down! Hopefully the parents will get this issue resolved. (( hugs ))
cheerfuldom 08:06 AM 03-09-2012
yay! It's a whole new world when you start making boundaries, welcome to it
blessingsbunch 08:40 AM 03-09-2012
Good for you!!! Doesn't it feel so much better....
LittleCrawfishCC 08:47 AM 03-09-2012
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one sending a child home for explosive bm. Lol. Good for you!
Ariana 09:48 AM 03-09-2012
Trust me they will respect you more for it!!! whenever I lay down the law my families seem to be much nicer to me the next day

Good for you
Christian Mother 09:58 AM 03-09-2012

Good for you for sticking with your backbone and following through!! Sometimes it just takes a little something to make us realize enough is enough...glad you where able to stand firm!!
Heidi 10:07 AM 03-09-2012
WTG!
Sugar Magnolia 10:21 AM 03-09-2012
Dear Mr. Sunshine,
Thank you so much for helping your wife! And double thanks for the moral support she needed today.
Way to go
SunshineMama 12:19 PM 03-09-2012
Thank all of you ladies as well!

This forum has provided me with so many resources and the courage to use them! We need to stick together!
anicks 12:59 PM 03-09-2012
Good for you! I have found myself getting to that point to where I'm done dealing with certain things. So glad you put your foot down.
snbauser 02:41 PM 03-09-2012
Good for you. And I can almost guarantee it is the milk doing it. I have a dcb here who has those types of issues every time they try to re-introduce cows milk. Within 2 days he is back to liquid diapers. And back to soy milk he goes.
saved4always 03:17 PM 03-09-2012
Yay!!!! It feels good after you put your foot down, doesn't it!??! And it sounds like this kid may have a milk allergy. My dd gets explosive bowel movements almost every time she has ice cream even when she takes a lactaid first. Fortunately, she is 10 so she has them in the bathroom, not her pants and the rest of the house.
Tags:backbone
Reply Up