Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Thought You Were OLD!
mrsnj 12:02 PM 09-12-2013
I had the gparents of a newbie show up just now. Had not met them before and after finding out who they were, I welcomed them in. Got the baby up and we chatted for a bit. The Gpop says "I thought you were old!" I was like "Huh?" Then my son (20yrs old) left for work at that same time and said bye mom and the Gpop said "I thought that was your husband!" I looked at him again.....and he said his daughter told him I was a retired teacher and old! They were expecting someone their age with a bun on top! Ok....I am no spring chicken. And I am sure their 20 yr old daughter might think I am OLD but hello! Not THAT old!

I think them thinking my SON was my husband just about made my day! LMAO Maybe not his so much but it did mine! LOL
lovemylife 12:05 PM 09-12-2013
Haha! I have one DCM always comment on how young I am. It is actually getting a little annoying. I'm only 8-9 years younger than her.
itlw8 12:12 PM 09-12-2013
When my ds got married her family thought I was his older sister. LOL made my day. Granted her parents are at least 10 yrs older than I am and dil is older than ds.. so it was possible in their eyes if they did not know ds age.
LK5kids 12:14 PM 09-12-2013

Blackcat31 12:19 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
Haha! I have one DCM always comment on how young I am. It is actually getting a little annoying. I'm only 8-9 years younger than her.
My DD is home from college visiting. When I introduced her to one of my daycare mom's the DCM said "Wow! I didn't know you were a teen mom! What were you, like 15 when you had her?"

Not only did I think her comment was kind of rude but no, I was NOT a teen parent. I was 20 when I had her but apparently I look young so I take what I can from her reaction and call it good.
mrsnj 12:26 PM 09-12-2013
Lol. Listen. As I get older I take any remote comment as a compliment. Lmao

I DID post in "remember when" thread so maybe my new clients are right! Lol. But I like the gparents better. They hit a home run with me! Lol
MotherNature 12:46 PM 09-12-2013
Both of my older kids- 20 in a few months & 18 in a few weeks have had strangers call me their girlfriend a few times. The mortification..Even better is when one of them found a pic of me as a teen & asked who thhe hot girl was.
AcornMama 12:56 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My DD is home from college visiting. When I introduced her to one of my daycare mom's the DCM said "Wow! I didn't know you were a teen mom! What were you, like 15 when you had her?"

Not only did I think her comment was kind of rude but no, I was NOT a teen parent. I was 20 when I had her but apparently I look young so I take what I can from her reaction and call it good.

I get this ALL THE TIME. They don't usually say the teen part, though it has happened. People usually try to ask if I was a teen mom by saying something vague like, "Wow, you must have been really young when you had her."

I'm 40, and I don't think I look young at all. I guess the one benefit of being overweight is I have a round, youthful face and too much pudge for wrinkles.

I was 22 when she was born. But she's turning 18 this weekend, and looks older than 18. So I guess if people think she looks older and I look younger they think I was a wild child teen mom or something. Which is funny given my personality.

Should have seen the looks hubby and I got when we went to a really nice restaurant for our 20th anniversary a few weeks ago. I swear people thought we were lying.
mrsnj 02:06 PM 09-12-2013
DH is not as lucky. He has gained a lot of weight and looks his age. But then too he is a good 7 yrs older than me to start off with.

Acorn we are about the same story! Close in age. Kids close in age.
Familycare71 06:35 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Both of my older kids- 20 in a few months & 18 in a few weeks have had strangers call me their girlfriend a few times. The mortification..Even better is when one of them found a pic of me as a teen & asked who thhe hot girl was.

AcornMama 06:51 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Acorn we are about the same story! Close in age. Kids close in age.
I like this age...my age...it's a nice age to start a new career/business. Of course, I have lots of kids in addition to the 18yo, so I'm still definitely in the midst of parenting.

The mortifying moments in our family happen when strangers mistake siblings for a couple. It's happened more than once. Ickiest possible moment for teens!
Tags:daycare experiences, funny
Reply Up