Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnant w/ Pain Issues (long post)
steph good 08:04 PM 01-11-2015
Hi All,
I am currently 6 1/2 months along with my 2nd. With my first child I had SPD (Symphisis Pubis Disorder) which is essentially my body creating to much relaxin and asa result my pubic bone is unable to remain stable and causes severe pain (my pubic bone is "shearing"...feels as amazing as it sounds). I am seeking treatment from a PT as well as wearing a pregnancy belt geared towards this disorder.
I currently only have one full time daycare family HOWEVER they make up half of my daycare. (twin infants and a three year old). I have 4 other children, all toddlers, that are part time. I took the time off between Christmas and New Years to get a break, visit family and reorganize. I started back last week and almost immediately I was in immense pain from the beginning of my day to the end. Mostly when I am carrying the infants from place to place (they are 7 month old very large kids and not mobile yet). I do a lot of floor time with them as well as activities in the high chair and bouncers but they are very demanding kids (previous issue I had with them and they've made huge improvements since starting). I am at a loss as to how to proceed as my husband and I are good friends with this family. I gave them a generous discount when they began care with me and I know they will not find anything close when looking elsewhere. Financially, physically and emotionally its kind of a no win in my eyes but hoping others might be able to give good ideas?
I have tried looking for an assistant but to no avail. No interest in what I am able to pay, hours I need or not someone I would want around my kids if they have met the previous criteria. Sorry for the long post just trying to find options.
JoseyJo 08:12 PM 01-11-2015
It sounds like you really have your answer, as little as you may like it. Your health, safety, and sanity HAVE to come before your job and friendships. If they are truely friends they will understand that you have to let them go due to health issues.
Shell 06:12 AM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
It sounds like you really have your answer, as little as you may like it. Your health, safety, and sanity HAVE to come before your job and friendships. If they are truely friends they will understand that you have to let them go due to health issues.

Second Home 07:36 AM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
Exactly .
Tags:parental life choices, working with friends
Reply Up