Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>oh Poo!
dEHmom 08:33 AM 06-07-2011
so i mentioned in other threads that my basement backed up with sewer/rain water on thursday.

yesterday (monday) we finally got a new hot water tank installed. yay for hotwater! can finally start doing some laundry (family of 5- we need to do 2 loads a day at least!) well i have a mountain of clothes waiting to be washed, dh hooks up washing machine and dryer last night. FRIGGIN WASHER doesn't work. it runs but is not working, and has the weirdest noise ever!!!!!

dear lordy, i don't know what i'm going to do! 1 more day with no washing machine and i'm going to have months of catching up to do. we're running out of stuff too.

praying the dh can get a hold of a good washing machine soon.
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:41 AM 06-07-2011
Have you tried looking for a used one on Kijiji? They may not be fancy, but it will get you through. Thats what I did when my dryer went kaput and that was 4 yrs ago and it still runs.

Oh and paid $50 for the pair!!!
daycare 08:43 AM 06-07-2011
that sounds like the month of FEB for my family. First our mircowave broke, then the dishwasher, then the washing machine....finally the electrical on my car down went out and I thought that i was going to lose it...

However, things have been looking up since then, so hopefully the same will go for you as well..
dEHmom 09:00 AM 06-07-2011
i am scouring kijiji right now.

some good deals, but sometimes gotta wonder. would hate to put out 200 for a pair and find out they are garbage.

i have a good dryer, just need the washer.

i just want to say, i was excited at the prospect of a front load washer/dryer, and with all the ones i see broken, needing repair, or just repaired on kijiji, i think i will stay away.
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:19 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i am scouring kijiji right now.

some good deals, but sometimes gotta wonder. would hate to put out 200 for a pair and find out they are garbage.

i have a good dryer, just need the washer.

i just want to say, i was excited at the prospect of a front load washer/dryer, and with all the ones i see broken, needing repair, or just repaired on kijiji, i think i will stay away.
My hubby asked the seller to see them running first! Pain in the a@@ yes but more of a pain in the A@@ when you bring them home and they dont work.
countrymom 11:00 AM 06-07-2011
My dryer is broken, for 2 weeks now and sears is so slow getting it fixed. So now I have to hang all the stuff outside, which i don't mind but I hate crunchy towels. Dh went and bought another line for the the clothes line so I have 3 lines and I hate hanging my unmentionables outside too.
wdmmom 11:03 AM 06-07-2011
Look in the yellow pages for an appliance repair company. I found a great place. They charge $60 for the service call and if parts are needed, they apply that money towards parts! No parts needed, you pay a flat $60, they do what they need to and you're done.

I'd much rather contribute $60 towards a guaranteed repair (30 days) than $50 on a what-if...if that makes any sense.
dEHmom 11:56 AM 06-07-2011
repairing the machine is not an option. it's old but nice still. but because it was sewer backup, insurance and even the contractor guys said it's best not to. it was under water for probably at least half an hour, and all that muck, and sediment etc got into the machine.

we will either buy brand new, or find a good used one.
KEG123 12:29 PM 06-07-2011
Sounds like you need to take a couple hours to go to a laundromat.
dEHmom 12:33 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Sounds like you need to take a couple hours to go to a laundromat.
nope no laundromats for me! i've already had friends and family offer to take some bags home and wash them for me, but i prefer not to. lol. ill just go buy some undies for us all if i have to. i had to throw a bunch away with the basement cleanup anyway.

we have way too many clothes, towels, and blankets anyways, if i had everything cleaned even half way through, i'd have no where to put it. so i always have mountains of clothes and stuff to wash. i have about 50 shirts, and only rotate about 4 of them, lol. 97% of my clothes never get worn.
Tags:bad day, washing machine
Reply Up