Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fathers Day Ideas?
newtodaycare22 09:50 AM 06-11-2012
Any ideas of things the kids can make? Mothers day I was prepared for...but this one snuck up on me! Last year we made homemade trophies.
daycare 11:28 AM 06-11-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Any ideas of things the kids can make? Mothers day I was prepared for...but this one snuck up on me! Last year we made homemade trophies.
due to the kids lack of interest, we are painting already made bird houses and making cards.....
jojosmommy 11:43 AM 06-11-2012
Made cards. I bought a bag of Reeses Pieces and tied a string with a heart (decorated by the kids) on them that says "We love you to pieces." Lame yes, simple yes. Will anyone care, probably not.
Michael 03:18 PM 06-11-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...rs+day+-+ideas
annafaye1985 04:43 PM 06-12-2012
We are doing a pint jar of salsa with a little bag of chips...
On the Jar I have taken a picture of the kids & they are holding a sign that says I love you! Happy Fathers Day! or #1 Dad then we tape it to the jar. Simple but fun & different....
Soccermom 05:57 PM 06-12-2012
We made picture frames with a pic of the kids with their dad in it out of some cardboard and little twigs. It came out REALLY nice. It has a real rustic look to it which I think Dad will like. (We did this one with the preschool group I run once a week)

For the afterschool gang we are making homemade BBQ sauce and putting it into clean empty beer bottles. (You could use any other kind of bottle as well). We made labels for it using a picture of the kids and wrote Dad's Summer BBQ Sauce, made with love by _ _ _ _ _ _ xox. You use a wine cork to seal it

Last year we made Corona bottle Salt and Pepper shakers with the older kids. The Dads thought they were great!
beachgrl 05:53 AM 06-13-2012
I got my idea from another provider but we are doing med sz mason jars filled with peanuts, the kids will do eyes on a peanut shaped cutout that will say "im nuts about you dad" or something like that, tie a ribbon at the top...simple but cute!
DCMom 07:47 AM 06-13-2012
We did foam can cozies ~ They picked the colors for the cozy, the ribbon and the letters. I put that part together; today they will decorate with the millions of self adhesive foam shapes that I have. I will add a canned beverage to take home and celebrate father's day...

I also did a companion footprint/poem to go with the handprint poem for mothers day, but I don't have one of those done yet. It is only Wednesday, after all! LOL
Attached: FathersDay2012.JPG (35.6 KB) 
Unregistered 10:38 AM 06-13-2012
Mine are all under 2.5. I used a piece of tag board and typed. Lead Me Dad.
I'm following in your footsteps. Then painted their feet red and placed them below.
Unregistered 11:57 AM 06-14-2012
stepping stones, with the kiddies hand print or prints and cards they make and maybe a picture-

My kids are all two and under and they had fun doing this. They handed me the decorations and I stuck them in if they couldn't do it. All my Dads are into gardening or outside stuff. It worked. Was actually fun-

We are also going to paint them......lol. Ooey Gooey lady style here.......sometimes I think I am a glutton for my own punishment.
Countrygal 09:44 AM 06-15-2012
I know it's kind of late now, but being a grandmom raising a grandson in a family that is spread all over the US and a disfunctional father, I figured there may be kids out there without a male figure at all, even a friend.

This is something I know I would appreciate getting on Father's Day and I thought I'd share the idea with all of you, if not for this year then maybe for next year.

I would like whatever the dads were getting or something similar and appropriate for a woman - maybe with a saying similar to this:

"You've taught me all that most dads do
You're my mom and I'll always love YOU!!"
Abigail 07:36 PM 06-15-2012
We did handprints for mother's day and footprints for father's day. Red for moms and now blue for father's day. Each had a quote that I found online and typed up in large print. I felt it was all equal for both parents.

Next year I might do the same thing and a new idea because parents DO KEEP things and it's nice to see how the child's handprint/footprint change over the years.
Tags:fathers day - ideas, fathers day gifts
Reply Up