Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>How Much Liability??
jenboo 12:45 PM 01-22-2014
I saw the post a couple days ago about insurance and I was wondering what everyone's liability limits are.
I have a home daycare with 6 children (once i get licensed). I noticed that a lot of people have separate policies for their home daycare. I just added onto my homeowners policy. Now im worried that I do not have enough coverage.
daycare 01:26 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I saw the post a couple days ago about insurance and I was wondering what everyone's liability limits are.
I have a home daycare with 6 children (once i get licensed). I noticed that a lot of people have separate policies for their home daycare. I just added onto my homeowners policy. Now im worried that I do not have enough coverage.
I have a large home daycare and a 2.52 million dollar policy that covers more than just the kids if they get hurt. look into DCI..

I have coverage for an attorney in case someone dc related wants to sue me for any reason, including child abuse .
grandmom 02:41 PM 01-22-2014
Insurance is cheap compared to the cost of being sued. I bought the highest amount available. $2M.

Never underestimate the power of an angry parent.
jenboo 07:38 AM 01-27-2014
Ok so i looked into better insurance.
This is what I was offered.
$1mil for liability
$20,000 business income coverage
$50,000 court costs
$25,000 for child abuse claims
personal liability and employee benefits

Should I see if I can increase it to $2 mil for liability? I will soon have 6 children and i do not transport.
Tags:insurance, liability limit
Reply Up