Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>So I've Been Thinking About Liability Insurance
LadyK8 12:38 PM 06-06-2014
I'm just confused as to which company is offering me the best coverage.

Any recommendations?
KSDC 12:45 PM 06-06-2014
I don't know about others, but we have our home owners insurance through Farm Bureau. I was able to have the daycare added onto my existing policy for not a lot of extra cost.
Annalee 12:49 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by KSDC:
I don't know about others, but we have our home owners insurance through Farm Bureau. I was able to have the daycare added onto my existing policy for not a lot of extra cost.
I have to sign an exclusion with Farm Bureau on my homeowners policy since I keep 12 kids....I have insurance for daycare through DCI. I am in TN.
melilley 12:50 PM 06-06-2014
I found that a lot of companies won't offer liability unless you have a homeowners policy with them. Out of the 10 or something companies that I called, only 1 would cover me w/o having a policy already.
Annalee 12:59 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I found that a lot of companies won't offer liability unless you have a homeowners policy with them. Out of the 10 or something companies that I called, only 1 would cover me w/o having a policy already.
I have had FB since I married, but they would not cover the daycare! Every year I sign an exclusion for anything related to daycare and that is covered with DCI. I do know some providers here that are covered by State Farm,though...
LadyK8 01:22 PM 06-06-2014
Thank you guys.

We rent our home, so I'll have to check and see if they offer that through renter's insurance, which we have.
ihop 01:24 PM 06-06-2014
I have dci, so far so good. I've never filed a claim but the people are always great to talk to and answer immediately. They didn't require any additional coverage like homeowners or renters.
Annalee 01:34 PM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
I have dci, so far so good. I've never filed a claim but the people are always great to talk to and answer immediately. They didn't require any additional coverage like homeowners or renters.
I like DCI, too, have had no claims and no issues!
LysesKids 02:48 PM 06-06-2014
I have liability thru my homeowners (State Farm); they will cover you legally up to 6 kids depending on the state… I too am in TN, but I only keep 4 kids as license exempt ; they covered me for licensed for 6 in WV, and licensed exempt for 5 in AR
Laurel 02:55 PM 06-06-2014
I also like DCI. I almost had a claim. Meaning that if a child gets hurt at my house DCI will pay the medical bills. I was told that offering that to the parent if their child got hurt would make them less likely to sue.

I had a 4 year old fall off of the swing set I used to have. I called DCI (DayCareInsurance Services) and they were very nice. They said to tell the parents that they would cover the medical expenses and they sent me a form to fill out. As it turns out, the parent said they would use their own medical insurance. But the people at DCI were very nice and helpful.

Other than that, I had no other claims or anything. Turns out DC girl didn't break her arm which was a possibility. DC mom was so sweet and said she didn't want to claim on my insurance in case they would raise the rates. Not sure if they would have or not. I didn't get that impression talking to the DCI lady.

Laurel
Laurel 02:57 PM 06-06-2014
https://dcins.com/home.php

Here is the link.
midaycare 04:10 PM 06-06-2014
I have State Farm and they will cover up to 12 in Michigan. I have 1,000,000 in liability for less than $200 a year. Not sure about comparisons - they were the only company that would cover me
TwinKristi 05:13 PM 06-06-2014
I have DCI too...
LadyK8 06:31 PM 06-06-2014
Definitely going to look into DCI. That seems like my best bet.

Welp, it's not available in my state. lol
originalkat 09:10 AM 06-08-2014
I use http://www.assurechildcare.com/
Their rates are on the website. Also check out Tom Copelands Insurance Directory at http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/famil...directory.html
Tags:insurance
Reply Up