Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Home Owners Insurance vs. Assure Child Care
Jones 06:32 AM 08-23-2017
For the past year, my home owners policy has excluded my daycare from the policy, so I have paid extra for the Assure child Care policy. This year, I found a home owners that would include daycare in the policy.

Here's my question... am I better off sticking with my homeowners now that excludes daycare from it's policy and keeping the Assure child care, or switching to the homeowners that includes daycare and dropping Assure?

Thanks
Daycare Insurance 10:36 AM 08-23-2017
It depends on the specific policy you're getting with your homeowner's insurance, but generally these policies don't cover as much as a professional liability policy such as the one you're probably getting with Assure. The homeowner's endorsements that we've seen usually exclude any sort of sexual abuse or molestation (it may seem like you don't need this, but parents do make false accusations). They also tend to have very low accident medical coverage. If a child is injured in your care, you want to make sure you have enough coverage for their medical bills. The final difference is that usually a homeowner's policy will only cover up to 6 children, whereas a professional liability policy will usually cover you for your license capacity. If you want to double check, you can pull out a copy of your Assure policy and call your homeowner's company to see if they offer the same coverage. Most will not.
Jones 10:58 AM 08-23-2017
Thank you for the response.
hwichlaz 03:26 PM 08-23-2017
It was so cheap to add it to my home owners when I owned a home, that I did it. But I still had my Assured policy as well. I'm more worried about having legal representation should I need it if I'm accused of something, then having to pay for an injury.
sharlan 02:53 PM 08-28-2017
I'm still trying to find someone who will insure a daycare with a pool and spa.
Daycare Insurance 10:03 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I'm still trying to find someone who will insure a daycare with a pool and spa.
I see that you're in California. Have you applied for insurance with us? We look at daycares with pools on a case by case basis. Depending on how far it is from the house, the type of fencing it has, etc., we might be able to insure you. If you pm me your email address I can send you an application.
sharlan 10:15 AM 08-29-2017
Yes, you told me awhile back that you weren't insuring homes with pools at that time.

Pool is less than 15 feet from back door. It has a 5 foot mesh fence with a magnetic self latching gate.
Daycare Insurance 01:44 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Yes, you told me awhile back that you weren't insuring homes with pools at that time.

Pool is less than 15 feet from back door. It has a 5 foot mesh fence with a magnetic self latching gate.
For a brief time we weren't insuring anyone with a pool. We are now accepting them on a case by case basis. If you call our office and ask for Rafael, he can give you some more information and let you know if he thinks we can insure you.
Reply Up