Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Daycare Insurance?
JJPlaycare 11:38 AM 06-09-2010
I am just wondering if anyone of you have daycare liability insurance! I am strongly looking into this and I am surprised at the quote I recieved today! I contacted American Family, I told them liability for 8 daycare children and he just called a quoted me $526.00 an annual fee! I told him I would call him back during naptime, because it was right when lunch was getting done and just about naptime and I couldn't talk at the moment! So I am going to call him back shortly, but I am just wondering how much everyone else pays, for how many children, and what is all covered! That price is WAY more than I guess I was expecting! Please fill me in as I guess I am pretty clueless when it comes to this! Thanks Megan
emosks 11:43 AM 06-09-2010
My homeowners would not cover my daycare so I went with a local agent. My policy is for $3,000,000 and its $580 a year. Totally worth it in my opinion.
emosks 11:45 AM 06-09-2010
Also, we have a hot tub and I opted to not add on water liability since by law I am required to have it locked and not in use during daycare operating hours. That would have been another $561 on top of what I pay a year!!
MarinaVanessa 01:59 PM 06-09-2010
I have State Farm Homeowners insurance and had to add a rider but it wasn't nearly as much as either of yours. I am covered for $300,000 for up to 6 kids and pay only an additional $75 a year. It probably has to do with the fact that we have home, 3 cars, a motorcycle, life policies etc. all with them. But even then now I've learned to feel lucky that I don't pay over $500 a year like others do. But in any case it's totally necessary. Better to pay $500 a year than to risk loosing your home over a serious accident in daycare.
55CMK83 05:03 PM 06-10-2010
I see you are from Minnesota - I am as well.

I have license for my daycare and go through Adults & Childrens Alliance. http://www.acainc.org/MN_insurance_program.phtml

I pay $320 for the following:
Liability
$600,000 Occurrence
$1,200,000 Aggregate

There is also a $43 membership that is required - but I think it's well worth it.
melskids 05:08 PM 06-10-2010
mine is 600/yr as well, with 1 million $$ coverage.
TomCopeland 03:58 PM 06-13-2010
I've posted an insurance directory at www.nafcc.org that lists a number of insurance companies across the country. Go to Business Center and scroll down to the heading Legal and Insurance.
originalkat 07:25 PM 06-13-2010
I have American Family and I was quoted $126 per year for $300,000 in liability coverage. They said I could only have 6 kids (including my own) for this rate. Otherwise, they can still insure me but would have to go through a broker so the price is higher for more kids. I dont know if this is the policy everywhere or if it changes from state to state.
bhuffman1231 08:04 PM 02-28-2016
This is my first time opening a daycare God showed me in a vision the building and what I would be doing, so I am stepping out in faith. I know that I have a lot to including obtain insurance, purchasing furniture, but I really need to find some good sites for daycare furniture that has good prices, any suggestion? I am just taking my class for my directors licenses on-line and taking my training of 420 hours of volunteer work. Wish everyone well.
Tags:homeowners insurance, insurance
Reply Up