Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Interview
Michelle 07:45 PM 02-21-2012
O.K. I just had an interview and the parent kept asking questions about liability insurance.. I have never had a parent ask this before.
I have insurance but do think I should run for the hills from this one?
cheerfuldom 08:02 PM 02-21-2012
How did the rest of the interview go? Sometimes parents read things online about "what to ask on a daycare interview" and they ask questions that they don't understand and so they don't know what answer they should even be looking for. I would directly ask them "Can you tell me why you are asking about insurance? Do you have a specific concern that is causing you to worry about insurance?"

It also may be that they do not have health insurance for their child and want to make sure he/she is covered if they get hurt or sick at daycare. OR maybe there was a situation at a previous daycare where insurance became an issue.
Michelle 08:20 PM 02-21-2012
It went really well.
The child did not want to leave and she is actually coming from a center.
You are right, I bet she is just reading off a "what do you ask" card.
That makes sense and also my website pretty much covers everything, there wasn't much to talk about.
I like really down to earth parents and they seemed really nice.
I only have one infant spot left and I have a lot of parents wanting it.
This was helpful,
Thanks a lot.
MrsB 07:31 AM 02-22-2012
I have had this question too, I always say I carry liability insurance that meets the state/county's licensing requirements.
Michelle 09:12 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
I have had this question too, I always say I carry liability insurance that meets the state/county's licensing requirements.

sharlan 09:34 AM 02-22-2012
I always have the parents read and sign the form that states I do not carry liability ins.
Tags:interview, liability insurance
Reply Up