Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Center Insurance Annual Amount
riley.johnson 02:04 PM 11-18-2014
I am starting a child care center in my area next summer and have been having issues with insurance quotes. Could someone please just tell me how much their policy on a center costs them per year. And what their policy covers. with or without infants, and no transportation. Also, 48 or more children insured please. Would like an idea at least! Nothing specific!Thanks!
Daycare Insurance 02:13 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by riley.johnson:
I am starting a child care center in my area next summer and have been having issues with insurance quotes. Could someone please just tell me how much their policy on a center costs them per year. And what their policy covers. with or without infants, and no transportation. Also, 48 or more children insured please. Would like an idea at least! Nothing specific!Thanks!
I assume you would be looking for a policy for $1 Million worth of coverage. If that is the case you can expect to pay about $1,500 a year with our company. I cant speak for other companies out there. Our policy comes standard with Professional Liability, Accident Medical Coverage and a Child Abuse Endorsement. Please feel free to call our office should you have any questions or feel free to post any speciic questions here so others may get the benefit of the answers.
daycare 02:18 PM 11-18-2014
not to throw DCI under the bus, I understand that it is great insurance, however, as one of our members noted DCI does not cover attorney fees in the event that you need one to challenge licensing.

You will need additional coverage for that.
Daycare Insurance 02:25 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
not to throw DCI under the bus, I understand that it is great insurance, however, as one of our members noted DCI does not cover attorney fees in the event that you need one to challenge licensing.

You will need additional coverage for that.
Actually, DCI is one of the only companies that provides childcare insurance that will pay for attorney fees to defend you in an administrative hearing for allegations of child abuse. Further more our policy features "outside the limit" legal defense which means when defending a LIABILITY claim, those costs DO NOT reduce the amount of your coverage.

There is no company out there that I am aware of that will pay attorneys to sue or challenge licensing on your behalf for any reason. That is not the purpose of the insurance.
Tags:insurance, liability insurance
Reply Up