Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Workers Comp?
sahm1225 06:57 PM 01-06-2017
What company do you use for your workers comp? Mine goes up every year and anytime I try to get quotes, I get told home daycares are not covered because it's too high risk. Thanks!
Daycare Insurance 09:51 AM 01-09-2017
Because the risk is high, most providers have to go through the state to get worker's comp. I'm not sure what state you're in, but if you go to your state government's workers comp division website, you should be able to find a link.
sahm1225 05:59 PM 01-09-2017
I'm in Illinois. Can I ask why the risk is considered high? It's not like we're trampoline testers!
Daycare Insurance 10:01 AM 01-10-2017
Workers comp companies consider child care workers high risk, because there is a lot of bending and lifting, and there is a higher risk of tripping over toys and/or children. Employees can also be bitten, hit, have things thrown at them by children. So the insurance companies see it as higher risk than, say, an office environment.
You run a home daycare, correct? It looks like in Illinois the state uses Tristar for their workers compensation. The phone number they give on the website is (312) 445-8700. You might try giving them a call and see if they can help you.
Tags:insurance, insurance premiums, workers comp
Reply Up