Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Home Insurance in Boston, MA Area
4dimad 08:05 AM 02-28-2017
Hello, I am planning to start a family home daycare in Boston, MA area. My insurance agent told me that it's almost impossible to find a company that covers the house with the daycare, especially with license for 10+ kids. Could you recommend a provider you use? Was your insurance increased greatly when you started the daycare business in your home?

Thank you!
TXhomedaycare 10:58 AM 02-28-2017
Originally Posted by 4dimad:
Hello, I am planning to start a family home daycare in Boston, MA area. My insurance agent told me that it's almost impossible to find a company that covers the house with the daycare, especially with license for 10+ kids. Could you recommend a provider you use? Was your insurance increased greatly when you started the daycare business in your home?

Thank you!
I recently wanted to see if I have the lowest rate for home insurance and now it seems like every company asks if you have a home daycare and if you answer yes your premium will be greatly increased or they will not offer you insurance. I have All state but they did not ask me if I have a home daycare when I signed up 3 years ago and I have seperate daycare insurance through Assure Childcare.
Daycare Insurance 11:51 AM 02-28-2017
Your best bet is to find a separate professional liability and accident medical policy that is specifically for child care providers. Once you have that, it should be a little easier to find a company that will write you a homeowners policy. You may need to show them a certificate priving that you have liability insurance.
Tags:liability insurance
Reply Up