Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Homeowner's Insurance Texas
Unregistered 12:19 PM 04-05-2017
I am a licensed daycare provider in Texas. In 22 years I have never had a serious injury, and I carry excellent liability insurance via Assure Childcare Insurance.

We are looking to buy a home soon, and I am having such a hard time finding homeowner's insurance that covers 12 kids. Can anyone in Texas point me towards an insurance company that provides homeowner's insurance for licensed (12 kids) in home childcare?
LysesKids 08:23 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a licensed daycare provider in Texas. In 22 years I have never had a serious injury, and I carry excellent liability insurance via Assure Childcare Insurance.

We are looking to buy a home soon, and I am having such a hard time finding homeowner's insurance that covers 12 kids. Can anyone in Texas point me towards an insurance company that provides homeowner's insurance for licensed (12 kids) in home childcare?
I have never come across a homeowners policy that would cover more than 6 kids and I have done childcare in 6 states (very few companies will cover child care at all regardless of renting or owning); even then you have to be running legal - I have always had State Farm and I do pay extra for the liability binder on the childcare. I also don't transport in my vehicle EVER because that cost is way too much for what I bring in.
Daycare Insurance 09:44 AM 04-07-2017
When you say they don't cover 12 kids, do you mean that they won't accept you if you have 12 kids? Since you have liability insurance, you don't need your homeowner's insurance to cover any portion of your daycare liability. They would just be covering the actual home in the event that something happens. If you let them know that you have liability insurance already, many homeowners insurance companies will write you a policy and just request a certificate of liability insurance.
Unregistered 03:54 PM 04-08-2017
What I am hearing is that they will not cover my home with me running an in home childcare with 12 kids.

I finally found one who would for $2800 a year, but now my home loan brokers says that it's too high and could cause the lender to back out upon closer examination. This has been insane.
Unregistered 03:59 PM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance:
When you say they don't cover 12 kids, do you mean that they won't accept you if you have 12 kids? Since you have liability insurance, you don't need your homeowner's insurance to cover any portion of your daycare liability. They would just be covering the actual home in the event that something happens. If you let them know that you have liability insurance already, many homeowners insurance companies will write you a policy and just request a certificate of liability insurance.
Can you tell me who those companies are? So far only that one company has agreed to do it and that fee covers only my home, it excludes any daycare liability. At $2800 a year. I would be very grateful if you could direct me towards a company who would charge a normal rate. I just want to get the loan. My liability coverage is the best I could find. I used to have DCI until you stopped insuring in Texas.
Unregistered 04:00 PM 04-08-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I have never come across a homeowners policy that would cover more than 6 kids and I have done childcare in 6 states (very few companies will cover child care at all regardless of renting or owning); even then you have to be running legal - I have always had State Farm and I do pay extra for the liability binder on the childcare. I also don't transport in my vehicle EVER because that cost is way too much for what I bring in.
Do you care for more than 6? I never transport either btw.
Reply Up