Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Renewal Headache with Assured Child Care
hwichlaz 08:46 AM 02-27-2018
Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.
Annalee 10:33 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Is there a daycare insurance company that doesn't make you fill out a new application every year at renewal. Because I'm pretty sure that I screw it up every year. I just want it to roll over and choose "yes" for renew like I do for my care insurance and renter's insurance every year. The renewal application is in a different format with slightly different verbage than my certificate of insurance, which alway makes me feel like I'm probably translating it over to the new app wrong. This is rediculous. I shouldn't have to fill everything out all over again if I don't want anything to change. And they can "walk me through it" over the phone, but only during daycare hours....with a heavily accented rep that I can't understand with all of the background noise I have going on here.
When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck
Daycare Insurance 01:23 PM 02-27-2018
Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.
hwichlaz 09:54 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
When DCI stopped servicing my state a few years ago, I went with Assure and the one thing I liked was their customer service....talked with them multiple times before enrolling. Have been with them several years now and they just send me a link to renew closer to renewal time....Maybe my form is different than yours but I don't have any issues...just the coverage amounts, etc. Make a note which parts you are confused about so maybe you could avoid going through the entire form which would make things quicker. Up to this point, Assure customer service has been awesome when I have called them. Good luck
It is the online renewal form. But it asks questions that aren’t answered by my current insurance paperwork. And I can never remember how I answered last time. They also confuse easily. They nearly didn’t renew me last year because I’m licensed for 8, but have 12 enrolled. The rep contacted me and couldn’t seem to wrap her brain around the fact that I have 12 enrolled, but only 6or7 attending at a time most days, never more than 8. I had to draw a graph, scan it, and email it to her.
hwichlaz 09:55 AM 03-09-2018
I’ve dowloaded DCI’s paper form. And what I like, is that I could probably leave the date and signature blank after I fill it out, and make a few copies. Just sign and date it each year to send in :P
hwichlaz 09:56 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by Daycare Insurance:
Most companies will make you fill out a renewal application. The reason for this is that the child care industry is a high risk class of business, and providers often make changes to their business model. While your business might not change from year to year, for many providers it does. They apply for larger licenses, their enrollment changes, incidents occur, etc. DCI is currently working on rolling out a new system where providers will be able to apply online, and it will be much faster and more efficient. Providers will still have to fill out the renewal application every year, but the system will walk them through it.
That’s understandable. Car insurance needs often change as well. I don’t see a reason you couldn’t have the same question that car insurance renewals start with... “Have their been any changes?” And if the answer is “no” then the form fills itself out.
Tags:insurance
Reply Up