Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default I Just Seen This Ad In The Classifieds.....

This is a local ad I just seen in the classified section:

I offer babysitting in the Smackover area in my home at a rate of $40 a week per child and willing to help out single mothers.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Trix are for kids

Wow
Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud912 View Post
Wow
My thoughts exactly!! The sad part is, this is exactly what people would love to pay here....I charge $80.00 for 24-36 months and $90.00 for 6 weeks and up and people swear that is too high.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

Since joining the forum I am shocked at the range of rates for everyone! I expected it to vary but not by so much!! I charge $175 for infants FT and $150 for 2-5... To me it's a HUGE difference!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Daycare.com member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams2008 View Post
My thoughts exactly!! The sad part is, this is exactly what people would love to pay here....I charge $80.00 for 24-36 months and $90.00 for 6 weeks and up and people swear that is too high.
I went to college in Fayetteville, and was shocked at how low child care was. My best friend's sister lives in Rogers, and sends her children to a commercial daycare and they pay the same as home daycares in Tulsa.

A few years ago we got a call from someone moving from NW Arkansas, and she was so upset at the expensive rates she was finding compared to what she was used to.

I am not THAT far away from you and rates are AT LEAST 50% higher. Isn't that bizarre ?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

I charged what CCDF sets for my county. (small town, Indiana)
Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandino View Post
I went to college in Fayetteville, and was shocked at how low child care was. My best friend's sister lives in Rogers, and sends her children to a commercial daycare and they pay the same as home daycares in Tulsa.

A few years ago we got a call from someone moving from NW Arkansas, and she was so upset at the expensive rates she was finding compared to what she was used to.

I am not THAT far away from you and rates are AT LEAST 50% higher. Isn't that bizarre ?
That is bizarre.....on my next increase I plan on charging between $15-$20 more, maybe I won't run anyone off! lol
Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie71 View Post
Since joining the forum I am shocked at the range of rates for everyone! I expected it to vary but not by so much!! I charge $175 for infants FT and $150 for 2-5... To me it's a HUGE difference!
I would LOVE to charge $150-$175!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Your thoughts please

What are some of you'll thoughts on MGT Curriculum? I'm searching for something for the ages 24 months-36 months?

oops!! I tried to delete this, I posted it on the wrong thread!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I would LOVE to charge $150-$175!!!!
I am sooo sorry you can't! I charge those rates, and higher daily rates for PT and could NOT operate and feed the kids the way I do without that income!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is a local ad I just seen in the classified section:

I offer babysitting in the Smackover area in my home at a rate of $40 a week per child and willing to help out single mothers.
We have one of those where I live, too. She advertises on Facebook, and always gets responses like "Bless you for charging a REASONABLE price and helping out parents".

Really? Can you imagine how many kids she would have to have to make a living? Can you imagine the kind of care they get? It honestly costs me $40 a week sometimes to feed a kid!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I am sooo sorry you can't! I charge those rates, and higher daily rates for PT and could NOT operate and feed the kids the way I do without that income!
Me either!! Last year I broke even... No profit-
Old 07-24-2013, 06:30 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Wow is right. At $40 she makes less than I pay my babysitters. I would be concerned about dropping my children off with someone that charges such a low rate????

I charge $150 for infants and $125 for toddlers. I find this to be on the low side for my area. I supply food and wipes. I use a curriculum during the school year and we just hang out in the summer.

I also keep a very low ratio. no more than 5 kids right now I have 3 and I feel that we are much more mobile that way.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Wow. That's $8 per day or less than a dollar per hour. I made more than that doing B/A care. Craziness!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We have one of those where I live, too. She advertises on Facebook, and always gets responses like "Bless you for charging a REASONABLE price and helping out parents".

Really? Can you imagine how many kids she would have to have to make a living? Can you imagine the kind of care they get? It honestly costs me $40 a week sometimes to feed a kid!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
Wow. That's $8 per day or less than a dollar per hour. I made more than that doing B/A care. Craziness!

Pure CRAZINESS!!

Tags
craigslist oddities