Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Cirriculum?? Help Please!
Unregistered 08:48 PM 08-16-2010
I am interested in buying cirriculum for my in home daycare. i tried doing it on my own but its so time consuming, so i though i might try to buy one. Ive been looking at Mother goose time, funshine express and adventures in learning. this is my main problem tho; i have two 2 year olds and three 4 year olds (two of which are at preschool half the day) should i be getting cirriculum thats aimed towards the 2 year olds since there is more of them? or is there a curriculum that is good for all of the age groups?

Help!
Thanks
Michael 09:38 PM 08-16-2010
Here are some earlier threads on the subject that you can look through: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=curriculum
melskids 03:10 AM 08-17-2010
i make my own curriculum, and i only make one, usually for the oldest groups needs, and then break it down for the younger ones. i think thats easier then focusing on the young ones and trying to "upgrade" it for the older ones. so right now, this fall, i have 1- 3 year old, 2 who just turned 2, and a 1 year old. so i base the curriculum around the three year old, and just bring it down a notch for the younger ones.
Unregistered 05:03 PM 08-17-2010
I know I keep saying this any chance I get, but I just got the box for the funsteps curriculum, my first year using them (or any pre-packaged curriculum), and I'm really excited about it. They have one called Twosteps that is for 2-3 yr olds, and one called Funsteps for 3-5 yr olds. You only have one 4 yr old actually "doing" preschool with you, right? The other two go to a half day preschool? I think either one from this company would be good for the ages you have. With Twosteps you'd just have to add some alphabet and number activities for the 4 yr old, but if you got Funsteps, all you'd have to do is alter a few things to gear it for the younger ones. It's a "hand's on" based curriculum, with more learning through real life stuff, so the age difference shoudn't matter too much. The kids will have a ball with preschool this year, I think. The website is www.funsteps.com if you were interested. If you ask them for a sample, they'll send you a full month's worth of curriculum materials for FREE (for 2 children). They have been very good at answering questions, and going out of their way.
Abigail 09:08 PM 08-17-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The kids will have a ball with preschool this year, I think. The website is www.funsteps.com if you were interested. If you ask them for a sample, they'll send you a full month's worth of curriculum materials for FREE (for 2 children). They have been very good at answering questions, and going out of their way.
Where will I find the link for the two free months?
I checked out the link above and didn't find the option. Thanks
Unregistered 07:00 AM 08-18-2010
I've created my own and purchased many curriculums over the past 15 years and I LOVE Mother Goose Times! Very user and kid friendly... saves me oodles of prep time... but best of all.... the kids have a lot of fun and look forward to our learning time each day. With other programs, that often include worksheets, the kids were never as excited.... MGT's keeps the learning fun!!
Unregistered 06:08 PM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Where will I find the link for the two free months?
I checked out the link above and didn't find the option. Thanks
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I called them, told them I was really interested, but wanted to be sure. I saw the 3 day sample for funsteps on their website, but didn't see one for twosteps. Anyways, she said she'd send me a sample. I expected just a curriculum guide for one week, max. Instead, I received a whole month's worth of materials and lesson plans for two children.
If I were you, I'd just call them, ask which one they'd recommend for the age group you have, then say you're really interested and do they have a sample? I don't think they advertise the free sample on their website...
Unregistered 08:16 PM 08-18-2010
thanks! i emailed funsteps and they are going to send me a month sample for free!
Tags:curriculum, funsteps, mother goose time
Reply Up