Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>childcarecenter.us - False Comment
Unregistered 05:02 PM 02-24-2015
Does anyone have experience with this website?
I've never heard of it before and just by a fluke I came across it today.
Apparently, I have someone PO'd at me because they made a statement/review about me saying "don't go here, there's mold in the house and my child got sick".

I've NEVER had mold and my house is pretty immaculate considering my job! I have serious asthma, so I NEED to be clean!

It really hurt my feelings that someone would say that. And of course, it may hurt my business (the comment was from a year ago- so I'm sure someone has already come across it and judged me by it).
I mean... to me, that's a pretty serious accusation.

I know our licensing information is public information- but does anyone know if I have any recourse with this website to remove my information?
Michael 10:55 PM 02-24-2015
Write the company and tell them someone make a statement of defamation about your business. It is a false claim and is damaging to your business. There is no record of a complaint from your state licensing agency. Ask them to remove it.

http://childcarecenter.us/contact
Unregistered 08:11 AM 02-25-2015
Thank you Michael.
I did end up emailing them last night, mostly out of pure outrage.
Their reply to me this morning is "we'll look into it and let you know what we decide".

I guess this serves as a reminder: Always look up what people are saying about you.
Online presence these days is so important, and even one person who has a vendetta can damage your business.
Annalee 08:14 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you Michael.
I did end up emailing them last night, mostly out of pure outrage.
Their reply to me this morning is "we'll look into it and let you know what we decide".

I guess this serves as a reminder: Always look up what people are saying about you.
Online presence these days is so important, and even one person who has a vendetta can damage your business.
The sad thing is, this quote might have come from someone playing on the internet...who doesn't even know you!
melilley 10:31 AM 02-25-2015
Hmm...that's really weird that someone left a review if you didn't create a profile. I am on there and as far as I can tell, the only providers who can receive a review are the providers who create a profile. It shows providers with a profile in blue and you can click on their name and then providers in gray and you can't click on their name.

I hope they take it down for you!
Unregistered 11:29 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by melilley:
Hmm...that's really weird that someone left a review if you didn't create a profile. I am on there and as far as I can tell, the only providers who can receive a review are the providers who create a profile. It shows providers with a profile in blue and you can click on their name and then providers in gray and you can't click on their name.

I hope they take it down for you!
Thank you.
That's weird, I checked everyone in my county and you can leave a comment on any of the 40 providers listed.
It would have been nice if a website or company was going to post your personal information (i.e.: address, telephone number, etc) that they would first let you know.
Like I said, I had never even heard of this website. Plus, some of the information they provide like transportation, was incorrect (because I CAN transport, yet they listed I'm not allowed to).

Just makes me mad on many levels.
Second Home 11:43 AM 02-25-2015
I am on there too and I never signed up or created a profile .they got my info including my lic# , hours of operation , # of children , ages , phone and e-mail contacts and partial address .

They must pull info from the state databases.
NoMoreJuice! 11:59 AM 02-25-2015
That is the strangest thing...I know I've never signed up for it, yet they have all my info, plus a paragraph taken from my website!
permanentvacation 12:07 PM 02-25-2015
I didn't sign up for that website but I'm on it. They also have some of my information wrong. For a couple of years now, I have found myself on a few websites that list daycare providers. I never signed up for any of them! And most of them have something incorrect about my program. I've never bothered to try to correct them. I just figure it's free advertising.
Unregistered 12:12 PM 02-25-2015
You are listed on hundreds of sites. Name, phone, address = public information if you are licensed.

You are probably listed on daycare.com too.
Shell 12:31 PM 02-25-2015
I found my info on some bizarre website, and posted about it on here a while back.
It's really disturbing how much info is out there.
For some reason, maybe a glitch, idk, my info isn't on the state's website, which is just fine by me.
I attended a training at our resource and referral, and after it was nearly over, the lady hosting hands me a paper and says, "we discovered that you're not in our system". I told her I didn't want to be, if possible, that I only accept private pay and referrals from existing families. She told me I HAD to fill it out, so I did.
Suddenly, I'm on these whacky websites!
Unregistered 05:38 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You are listed on hundreds of sites. Name, phone, address = public information if you are licensed.

You are probably listed on daycare.com too.
Yes, as I originally mentioned, I do understand that our information is public. To me though, it seems a common business courtesy that if you; as a business (or website), are going to post someone's personal information, you should be contacting that person to let them know.
Especially since they allow comments from any Tom, Dick or Harry.
As also mentioned above, a lot of this information is wrong!

The result:
I ended up emailing them again late this morning stating something similar to what Michael suggested. I was a tiny bit calmer today. Thank you again Michael!

They emailed me a little while ago saying since the party who commented did not respond, they removed the comment. Which, really, they only must have given them a couple hours to respond. So, I'm sure they knew how damaging the false accusation could be.
I'm satisfied with that, but I don't even want my information listed in a database where anyone can make comments, and they'll never let you know!
Sunshine74 09:32 PM 02-25-2015
I just look up our center, and they do have wrong information. Our initial license date is off by almost 10 years, and it states that we do not accept subsidized care, which we definitely do. They also have outdated pictures pulled from an earlier version of our website.
Annalee 04:41 AM 02-26-2015
Sites like this have been around for some time for child care providers. If I google my daycare name, not only can I see info that is not correct, some sites will list annual income which is also not correct. Other providers and I have checked this out before. It is just someone collecting inaccurate data. Obviously, someone has too much time on their hands.
Reply Up