Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default Hi All - Remember Me? :)

Hi everyone! I dont know if any of you remember me? I was on here pretty often about a year and a half ago... I closed down my daycare to work as a secretary for a school while my hubby was on a deployment... anyone remember me? lol

Well I ended up hating working outside the home. I thought working at the school that my kids went to would be great, but my hours were earlier then they needed to be at school and I would work till 6 pm... so I ended up having to pay someone to watch them before & after school which I never wanted to do. It sucked.

Anyway, long story short, I REAAALLY missed doing daycare so I reopened as of February this year! During my closure, my husband came home safe & sound and we bought a new home... which took almost 6 months to get an offer approved and then remodeled and got a lot of things done. It was a really nice break!

So now I have 4 little daycare kiddos again and starting all over. It's been nice though and I'm happy to be back into the daycare mode. I recognize some of the names on here and look forward to reading all your posts again!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Hunni Bee's Avatar
Hunni Bee Hunni Bee is offline
False Sense Of Authority
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Over the Rainbow...
Posts: 2,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear View Post
Hi everyone! I dont know if any of you remember me? I was on here pretty often about a year and a half ago... I closed down my daycare to work as a secretary for a school while my hubby was on a deployment... anyone remember me? lol

Well I ended up hating working outside the home. I thought working at the school that my kids went to would be great, but my hours were earlier then they needed to be at school and I would work till 6 pm... so I ended up having to pay someone to watch them before & after school which I never wanted to do. It sucked.

Anyway, long story short, I REAAALLY missed doing daycare so I reopened as of February this year! During my closure, my husband came home safe & sound and we bought a new home... which took almost 6 months to get an offer approved and then remodeled and got a lot of things done. It was a really nice break!

So now I have 4 little daycare kiddos again and starting all over. It's been nice though and I'm happy to be back into the daycare mode. I recognize some of the names on here and look forward to reading all your posts again!
I remember you...you were funny!

Glad you're back!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
mamac's Avatar
mamac mamac is offline
Tantrum Negotiator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 760
Default

I wasn't here then but welcome back!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,604
Default

Welcome back MamaBear!!!!!! Nice to see you again!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 PM
CedarCreek's Avatar
CedarCreek CedarCreek is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,529
Default

I was not here then but I remember you from researching old threads.

Welcome back!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,377
Default

Welcome Back!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Familycare71's Avatar
Familycare71 Familycare71 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,693
Default

I wasn't here then but welcome back!!! And THANK YOU, YOUR HUBBY AND YOUR CHILDREN for the service to our country!! So happy he is home safe!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Meeko's Avatar
Meeko Meeko is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,256
Default

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default

Thanks guys! I'm glad some of you remember me I'm happy to be back. Michael was nice enough to let me slip back in here.

Thank you Familycare71! I was so happy to have my husband come home from Afghanistan. It was an awful deployment. Sadly, he lost 4 of his good friends there... It was horrible. He's been home since last June and definitely was a transition when he came home. It was good timing that I was closed down because the house needed to be quiet and calming for him at that time. It was rough. He's doing good now and that SHOULD be his last deployment... Thank God.

Anyways - I'm happy to be back on here! I'll be posting again like the ole' days lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 PM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,143
Default

Hi there, and welcome back

Thank you to your entire family for your sacrifices in service to our country
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 PM
mom2many's Avatar
mom2many mom2many is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,211
Default

Welcome back and so happy your hubby is made it home safe!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Familycare71's Avatar
Familycare71 Familycare71 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear View Post
Thanks guys! I'm glad some of you remember me I'm happy to be back. Michael was nice enough to let me slip back in here.

Thank you Familycare71! I was so happy to have my husband come home from Afghanistan. It was an awful deployment. Sadly, he lost 4 of his good friends there... It was horrible. He's been home since last June and definitely was a transition when he came home. It was good timing that I was closed down because the house needed to be quiet and calming for him at that time. It was rough. He's doing good now and that SHOULD be his last deployment... Thank God.

Anyways - I'm happy to be back on here! I'll be posting again like the ole' days lol
The transition home can be so hard! I'm so sorry for the loss of his friends- to all of you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM
momofboys's Avatar
momofboys momofboys is offline
Advanced Daycare Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,434
Default

I remember you !! Welcome back.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default

Thank You!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM
snbauser's Avatar
snbauser snbauser is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385
Default

Welcome back! and I am so glad to hear your husband is home. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-13-2013, 05:31 PM
MamaBearCanada's Avatar
MamaBearCanada MamaBearCanada is offline
Blessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 701
Default

From one MamaBear to another thank you for all you and your husband do. And welcome back! (although I am a relative newby here)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

I remember you!!!! In fact, I was just thinking earlier about some of our old "friends" who haven't been around for awhile and you were one of them!

Welcome back, congrats on getting back into the biz, congrats on the new home and welcome back to your hubby!

You have a lot to catch up on around here, better get busy reading!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-13-2013, 06:10 PM
momofsix's Avatar
momofsix momofsix is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,842
Default

Welcome back!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 PM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default

Ahhh I feel the love Yes... I've been trying to read some of the posts and I'll probably never catch up! haha
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-14-2013, 05:51 AM
SunflowerMama's Avatar
SunflowerMama SunflowerMama is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,114
Default

Welcome back!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 AM
littlemissmuffet's Avatar
littlemissmuffet littlemissmuffet is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,081
Default

Welcome back! So glad your family is back together again
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 AM
AfterSchoolMom's Avatar
AfterSchoolMom AfterSchoolMom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,938
Default

Welcome back!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 AM
MotherNature's Avatar
MotherNature MotherNature is offline
Matilda Jane Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,117
Default

I've seen your post from older threads when I was looking through them. welcome back! Congratulations on your husband being home too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:22 PM
mema's Avatar
mema mema is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: It's hot, no cold, no hot :)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Welcome back! Glad your dh is home and was able to have a "quiet" transition, altho no matter how quiet and calm, I know it is still a rough time. Hope all is well now. So sorry for the loss of his buddies. My dh lost 3 from his unit when in Iraq and even tho they barely knew each other (his whole unit was a pull together from all over the US just in time to be deployed), it was still very hard on him and still is years later.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Crazy8's Avatar
Crazy8 Crazy8 is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,769
Default

I remember you! I'm always jealous of the ones who are closing up. Glad your hubby is home safe and sound too!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Preschool/daycare teacher's Avatar
Preschool/daycare teacher Preschool/daycare teacher is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 635
Default

I haven't been around here lately, but I remember you from before, and always appreciated your input. You seem to have a lot of wisdom for the childcare field. We missed you while you were gone Welcome back!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 PM
MamaBear MamaBear is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 666
Default

Ahhhh! Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 PM
mom2many's Avatar
mom2many mom2many is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher View Post
I haven't been around here lately, but I remember you from before, and always appreciated your input. You seem to have a lot of wisdom for the childcare field. We missed you while you were gone Welcome back!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forum members, military

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Don't Remember The Last Time I Have Gone To The Bathroom Alone!! ABCDaycareMN Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 04-08-2013 05:33 PM
Now I Remember.... rmc20021 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 0 02-20-2013 10:50 AM
I'm Starting to Remember tenderhearts Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 08-16-2010 12:33 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming