Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,534
Default DCP's Are Such A Hassle Sometimes

What on earth should I do with THIS one.

6/17 Originally per diem, wanted a steady guaranteed day each week, signed new contract. SAHM. No future mention of any further need for additional days.

7/15 "I have a PT job but it's alternate hours with my dh." no additional days/hours were requested.

8/1 Another client dropped a day, I posted it as available in the newsletter, another PT client picked it up. **edited to clarify I had 3 days available total**

8/12 Complains to me because she has to drop DCK off at SIL's because she has to go in to work earlier than anticipated 2 days/week (dck with me other day). I offer her the EXACT two days she needs, of course I won't discount since she only wants to bring dck at the end of the day. She declines.

8/15 stops to pay me, says SIL doesn't want to watch dck, asks if days are available, I say yes, but I cannot guarantee them.

8/17 another PT client arranges a meeting and signs paperwork securing those days, with a check for the next month.

8/17 post on business facebook that the days are filled, no more openings until 9/3 when dck goes to school.

8/18 get THREE emails from dcm, getting progressively more irate, saying that I really put her in a bind for not having anything available and she NEEDS 4 days a week at X rate (HALF!) or she will have to start looking.

Gets SUPER SHOCKED when I respond "Sorry to hear that, told you it was first some, first serve, and I won't give discounts since it takes up the full day. I will take this as your notice. Your balance is X, and dck's last day is X, good luck to you in your search for childcare."

I really want to add "and you're lucky I responded AT ALL on a weekend."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM
LaLa1923's Avatar
LaLa1923 LaLa1923 is offline
mommyof5-and going crazy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
What on earth should I do with THIS one.

6/17 Originally per diem, wanted a steady guaranteed day each week, signed new contract. SAHM. No future mention of any further need for additional days.

7/15 "I have a PT job but it's alternate hours with my dh." no additional days/hours were requested.

8/1 Another client dropped a day, I posted it as available in the newsletter, another PT client picked it up. **edited to clarify I had 3 days available total**

8/12 Complains to me because she has to drop DCK off at SIL's because she has to go in to work earlier than anticipated 2 days/week (dck with me other day). I offer her the EXACT two days she needs, of course I won't discount since she only wants to bring dck at the end of the day. She declines.

8/15 stops to pay me, says SIL doesn't want to watch dck, asks if days are available, I say yes, but I cannot guarantee them.

8/17 another PT client arranges a meeting and signs paperwork securing those days, with a check for the next month.

8/17 post on business facebook that the days are filled, no more openings until 9/3 when dck goes to school.

8/18 get THREE emails from dcm, getting progressively more irate, saying that I really put her in a bind for not having anything available and she NEEDS 4 days a week at X rate (HALF!) or she will have to start looking.

Gets SUPER SHOCKED when I respond "Sorry to hear that, told you it was first some, first serve, and I won't give discounts since it takes up the full day. I will take this as your notice. Your balance is X, and dck's last day is X, good luck to you in your search for childcare."

I really want to add "and you're lucky I responded AT ALL on a weekend."
You did the right thing!!


OT- How do you make a newsletter?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2013, 11:34 AM
missheather's Avatar
missheather missheather is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 69
Default

Wow! How rude of the DCM!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Cradle2crayons's Avatar
Cradle2crayons Cradle2crayons is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Deep in the woods....
Posts: 3,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
What on earth should I do with THIS one.

6/17 Originally per diem, wanted a steady guaranteed day each week, signed new contract. SAHM. No future mention of any further need for additional days.

7/15 "I have a PT job but it's alternate hours with my dh." no additional days/hours were requested.

8/1 Another client dropped a day, I posted it as available in the newsletter, another PT client picked it up. **edited to clarify I had 3 days available total**

8/12 Complains to me because she has to drop DCK off at SIL's because she has to go in to work earlier than anticipated 2 days/week (dck with me other day). I offer her the EXACT two days she needs, of course I won't discount since she only wants to bring dck at the end of the day. She declines.

8/15 stops to pay me, says SIL doesn't want to watch dck, asks if days are available, I say yes, but I cannot guarantee them.

8/17 another PT client arranges a meeting and signs paperwork securing those days, with a check for the next month.

8/17 post on business facebook that the days are filled, no more openings until 9/3 when dck goes to school.

8/18 get THREE emails from dcm, getting progressively more irate, saying that I really put her in a bind for not having anything available and she NEEDS 4 days a week at X rate (HALF!) or she will have to start looking.

Gets SUPER SHOCKED when I respond "Sorry to hear that, told you it was first some, first serve, and I won't give discounts since it takes up the full day. I will take this as your notice. Your balance is X, and dck's last day is X, good luck to you in your search for childcare."

I really want to add "and you're lucky I responded AT ALL on a weekend."
I would have handled it EXACTLY the same way you did. She made her choice, now she has to live with it. End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM
cheerfuldom's Avatar
cheerfuldom cheerfuldom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,414
Default

She is acting like a child. come on now, you gave her ample time and notice to speak up and get this thing done. she screwed around and lost the spot. my word! as if we are supposed to run after these parents and spoon feed them info and accommodations. shoot, we already have enough babies to take care of!

as they say...."you're emergency is NOT my emergency"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:34 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

I say...I am here to take care of children, not parents..

UGH...sorry you had to deal with this. Hopefully you will be able to get things all back to good once they move on.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,534
Default

After another 4 emails yesterday, I finally told her that it was the end of the discussion, that I had already filled the spaces and that if it wasn't dropped I would be forced to term effective immediately. Im not surprised that they won't be back for the last two weeks per dcm. I was told I am 'money hungry' for filling those spaces so quickly. Well, excuse me for running a successful business.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Hunni Bee's Avatar
Hunni Bee Hunni Bee is offline
False Sense Of Authority
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Over the Rainbow...
Posts: 2,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
After another 4 emails yesterday, I finally told her that it was the end of the discussion, that I had already filled the spaces and that if it wasn't dropped I would be forced to term effective immediately. Im not surprised that they won't be back for the last two weeks per dcm. I was told I am 'money hungry' for filling those spaces so quickly. Well, excuse me for running a successful business.
I wanna be like you when I grown up

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,534
Default

My newsletters are done in Microsoft office on a blank template. I have a space for prek news/theme, a place for upcoming closings, reminders paragraph, birthdays and special days and send that home with the monthly menu, invoice, etc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
After another 4 emails yesterday, I finally told her that it was the end of the discussion, that I had already filled the spaces and that if it wasn't dropped I would be forced to term effective immediately. Im not surprised that they won't be back for the last two weeks per dcm. I was told I am 'money hungry' for filling those spaces so quickly. Well, excuse me for running a successful business.
Money hungry is always the excuse when you won't bow down to their demands. Goodness gracious.

Goodbyeeeee crazy lady!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
AfterSchoolMom's Avatar
AfterSchoolMom AfterSchoolMom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,938
Default

I'd have replied "you're right, I am money hungry. Why else would I work if not to make money? What do YOU work for?".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
blandino's Avatar
blandino blandino is offline
Daycare.com member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tulsa area
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
After another 4 emails yesterday, I finally told her that it was the end of the discussion, that I had already filled the spaces and that if it wasn't dropped I would be forced to term effective immediately. Im not surprised that they won't be back for the last two weeks per dcm. I was told I am 'money hungry' for filling those spaces so quickly. Well, excuse me for running a successful business.
I will never forget I had one interview with a DCM, who told me about their last daycare and how they "fell on hard times", and how that director was "all about the money".

Umm, yes she is. It is her job & business.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
mrsmartin2007's Avatar
mrsmartin2007 mrsmartin2007 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I say...I am here to take care of children, not parents..

UGH...sorry you had to deal with this. Hopefully you will be able to get things all back to good once they move on.....
Its all about the kids!! Im going to have to use that saying!! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 AM
butterfly's Avatar
butterfly butterfly is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,630
Default

So incrediblely proud of your response to mom's emails!! I wouldn't have been so smart to handle it that way! Great job!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parents - don't cooperate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creating a Questionnarie for DCPs PolkaTots Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 01-21-2013 01:44 AM
When Dcps Are Sick... PolkaTots Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 12-28-2012 03:05 PM
DCP's Letting All The Air Conditioning Out SunshineMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 06-29-2012 09:55 PM
Negligence Or Just Bad Parenting? DCP's Not Taking Child To The Doctor SunshineMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 19 05-28-2012 06:52 AM
DCG is Highly Sensitive, DCPs are NOT SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 05-15-2012 03:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming