Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I need advice!!!
Unregistered 02:29 PM 04-15-2009
I just got a job at a daycare. The school is brand new and just opened. My son is in the 2 year old class, but he will be 3 in 6 weeks. He came home on Monday and told me that he didn't like his teacher because she screamed at him. I asked him what she screamed and he said "Lay Down!". He also told me that she pulled his arm like this...and showed me. I am really concerned. He has never said anything about anyone before. This teacher has never had any child care expierence before. She has a 4 year old son who probably would be kicked out for behavior if she didn't work there. She treats him absolutely horrible in front of people at the daycare, so I can only imagine what she does at home.

Well, I told my Director what my son had told me. She said she would look in to it. Well today she did. She went down to the teachers classroom and was in there for about 20 minutes. Shouldn't all of this be documented???? I believe that she has already talked to her one time about yelling at the kids and I don't think that was documented because she told me she talked to her over the weekend. I think that the teacher should have been pulled into the office and told how serious all of this is!! Am I overreacting????
Tags:center based teachers, employee child, employee issues, providers own child
Up