Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Always Poops During Nap
sahm2three 01:06 PM 11-15-2011
I have a 1 yo who ALWAYS poops right in the middle of nap time. Always. So she is asleep for about 30 to 45 mins and poops and won't go back to sleep again. Is there any way to make her poop at a different time? LOL. So now I am trying to keep her quiet so she doesn't wake everyone else. Ugh. Help me!!! LOL!
dEHmom 01:13 PM 11-15-2011
how long do you let her go after a meal/snack before she sleeps?

Also, try reducing how much she eats, unless she doesn't eat much. Some kids overeat (and I don't mean this to sound bad, but I find it's the chubbier kids that eat too much too fast) and then they poop.
Heidi 01:16 PM 11-15-2011
I would sneak in, change her quietly, and lay her back down. It's naptime....

That's what you would do in the middle of the night, so why not at naptime?
sahm2three 01:16 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
how long do you let her go after a meal/snack before she sleeps?

Also, try reducing how much she eats, unless she doesn't eat much. Some kids overeat (and I don't mean this to sound bad, but I find it's the chubbier kids that eat too much too fast) and then they poop.
It is about an hour between lunch and nap. She does have a bottle right before nap. But she isn't a big eater. She ate a little apple sauce at lunch and that was all we could get her to eat. I have tried keeping her up for a while but doesn't seem to make a difference.
sahm2three 01:17 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
I would sneak in, change her quietly, and lay her back down. It's naptime....

That's what you would do in the middle of the night, so why not at naptime?
This is what I do. But she still won't go to sleep.
caligirl 01:23 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I have a 1 yo who ALWAYS poops right in the middle of nap time. Always. So she is asleep for about 30 to 45 mins and poops and won't go back to sleep again. Is there any way to make her poop at a different time? LOL. So now I am trying to keep her quiet so she doesn't wake everyone else. Ugh. Help me!!! LOL!
ohhhhhhhhhh yes, I"ve had those...... and no, she'll poop when she has to poop. Nothing you can do about it at her age
Cat Herder 01:25 PM 11-15-2011
Try giving her formula/milk in a cup WITH lunch instead of a bottle at nap.
nannyde 01:31 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
It is about an hour between lunch and nap. She does have a bottle right before nap. But she isn't a big eater. She ate a little apple sauce at lunch and that was all we could get her to eat. I have tried keeping her up for a while but doesn't seem to make a difference.
Feed her the bottle immediately after lunch. One hour till nap... up and playing. Gives time for everyone to take a poop crap (my sons word) before nap.

I can go MONTHS in between having a poop during nap.

The kids eat their main meal of the day at lunch every day. BIG lunch... hour play.... nite nite.
Heidi 01:45 PM 11-15-2011
If she is a year old, I would def. get rid of the bottle. She can drink milk from a cup. That may help....
Tags:1 year old, bowel movement, naptime issues, poops - after nap, poops - during nap
Reply Up