Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Seriously???
Cradle2crayons 09:18 AM 11-05-2013
Here's a great craigslist ad on my local cl......

http://jackson.craigslist.org/kid/4172605541.html
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 11-05-2013
NOT saying this is the case, but it may be someone simply looking to add to their income....kwim?

Or she may receive some sort of assistance and be looking for cash (non-reportable) income.... ???

Otherwise, maybe she really does really love kids and just wants to help or pay it forward. Who knows why people do what people do.

I just know that so far the human race has never failed to amuse me in all sorts of different and unusual ways.
TwinKristi 02:15 PM 11-05-2013
$40/wk??? I charge more than that a DAY!
Cradle2crayons 02:17 PM 11-05-2013
You can't even feed a child a meal and two snacks for a week for that price. Heck I don't charge near the average because I know what it's like to be broke but $40 a week??
providerandmomof4 02:36 PM 11-05-2013
I'm sorry....but this is very strange to me. Big red flag. I can't help but think the worst. You get what you pay for, and overnights too? Why??
daycarediva 06:23 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
I'm sorry....but this is very strange to me. Big red flag. I can't help but think the worst. You get what you pay for, and overnights too? Why??
I would seriously question the parenting skills of anyone that would put their child in the care of someone willing to do that. I just cannot imagine a situation where decent care would be given. Maybe I'm super paranoid, but this screams RUN to me.
Cradle2crayons 06:32 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
i would seriously question the parenting skills of anyone that would put their child in the care of someone willing to do that. I just cannot imagine a situation where decent care would be given. Maybe i'm super paranoid, but this screams run to me.
me too!!
renodeb 02:17 PM 11-07-2013
First of all if you want to be taken seriously in dc you need to have good skills. I see quite a few grammar errors. Secondly, that is what I charge a day! Seems strange to be offering that low of rate. Esp if your going to feed the kids there. The whole thing says Run!!!!!! to me.
Deb
crazydaycarelady 02:37 PM 11-07-2013
I wonder if she is new to this country and to her $40 seems like big bucks?
Cat Herder 03:15 PM 11-07-2013
For S&G's I blew up and brightened the photo.... those are open beer bottles on the counter behind her.

I don't know her motives, but I know her advertising skills are a tad bit off.

Maybe she did not realize what photo she uploaded?

FTR, I started at $35 a week. I was allowed 12 SA kids and that was the "magic number" it took to pay my bills and live well at the time.
Blackcat31 03:16 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
For S&G's I blew up and brightened the photo.... those are open beer bottles all over the counters behind her.
I don't know her motives, but I know her advertising skills are a tad bit off.

Maybe she did not realize what photo she uploaded?

FTR, I started at $35 a week. I was allowed 12 SA kids and that was the "magic number" it took to pay my bills and live well at the time.

Well, apparently she needs more beer money.

I don't know how much beer $40 will buy you though....
Cat Herder 03:49 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Well, apparently she needs more beer money.

I don't know how much beer $40 will buy you though....
It may not be her home, though... Rows of long tables...

There are three other women there, two with what appears to be mixed drinks, one with cigarettes next to her drink. Nothing that would be out of line in anything other than a childcare ad, though...

I think she just liked that particular shot of her. (no pun intended)
Tags:care ads, craig's list
Reply Up