Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Books of colors?
Unregistered 08:17 AM 08-11-2014
I'm looking for a set of books where each book is dedicated to a single color. Does anyone know of a set and where it can be purchased? I used to have one years ago, each book was in the shape of a crayon. So there was a red crayon book, a blue one, etc.
Blackcat31 08:32 AM 08-11-2014
I've never run across anything similar to what you are describing but perhaps you could make your own?

Kids LOVE looking at books they created and using real life pictures from around your daycare in the colors you are looking for would be easy for them to make the connection between color and object.
Christina72684 10:59 AM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've never run across anything similar to what you are describing but perhaps you could make your own?

Kids LOVE looking at books they created and using real life pictures from around your daycare in the colors you are looking for would be easy for them to make the connection between color and object.
That sounds like a great idea! You could use old magazines and the kids could cut them out, or stickers, scrap paper, crayon wrappers, etc. I think I'm going to do this!
Unregistered 10:59 AM 08-11-2014
There's a set on amazon called the little color library, I believe, but they're tiny. Only 3 inches square.
laloolee 05:43 PM 08-11-2014
In case you didn't see this one: Pantone: Box of Color: 6 Mini Board Books

"This die cut box showcases six small and chunky board books, perfect for little hands. Each book associates with a different color of the rainbow (Red, Yellow, Green, Purple, Orange & Blue) and contains die cut silhouettes of familiar objects against full bleed color shades. Simple text cues parents and children to label objects and observe lighter and darker shades of the same color family, prompting a new way of noticing and naming the colors around us."

ISBN-13: 978-1419704192
Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 3.7 x 2.7 inches

http://www.amazon.com/Pantone-Color-...box+set+colors
Reply Up