Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too far?
Play Care 03:39 AM 07-30-2015
We have a splash pad in our town. It's just under a mile walk from the house, which takes about a half hour to walk to with kids.

I have a 6, 5, 4 and 13 month old scheduled today. My plan is to have the 13 month old ride in the stroller all the way, the 4 yo most of the way. The two boys will mostly walk, though get a short ride break if absolutely necessary (swapping out with the 4 yo).

The boys are *very* active and need a lot of hard, physical exercise.

I don't see any of the parents having issue with it, but wondering if it may be too far? Do you walk longer distances with your group?
finsup 03:58 AM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
We have a splash pad in our town. It's just under a mile walk from the house, which takes about a half hour to walk to with kids.

I have a 6, 5, 4 and 13 month old scheduled today. My plan is to have the 13 month old ride in the stroller all the way, the 4 yo most of the way. The two boys will mostly walk, though get a short ride break if absolutely necessary (swapping out with the 4 yo).

The boys are *very* active and need a lot of hard, physical exercise.

I don't see any of the parents having issue with it, but wondering if it may be too far? Do you walk longer distances with your group?
We walk about that far some days under 2 rides in a wagon, over 2 walks. Most of the time it goes just fine. When there is complaints it's typically from my 4 year old lol. But he's more then capable of doing it just some days his attitude is better then others heh.
nothingwithoutjoy 04:10 AM 07-30-2015
Not too far at all. I would push the toddler, and that's it. We walk to the park (1 mile) and into/around it and the kids walk it just fine.
Play Care 04:11 AM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
We walk about that far some days under 2 rides in a wagon, over 2 walks. Most of the time it goes just fine. When there is complaints it's typically from my 4 year old lol. But he's more then capable of doing it just some days his attitude is better then others heh.
Too funny, as I think the 5 yo - who is the most active and will tear the house apart on days we are stuck inside, will be the biggest complainer
heyhun77 04:21 AM 07-30-2015
We walk farther than that on a daily basis without issue. My kids are 16 m to 7 and all walk 100% if the time except the 16 m who wants to be like the big kids and screams to get out and walk
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:30 AM 07-30-2015
not too far
DaveA 04:39 AM 07-30-2015
I don't see it as too far. We walk almost that far on our "normal" walks.
rosieteddy 06:37 AM 07-30-2015
Not to far at all.I would not even offer to push any of the big kids .Why open that can of worms.Over 2 always walk ed here.That way they were good and tired for nap.Have fun.
Crazy Baby 02:21 PM 07-30-2015
Not too far. I have an almost 3 year old who walks 1.5-1.75 miles with me most days. He has a good time and gets needed exercise. I just always make sure that he stays hydrated and keep at a pace he is comfortable with.
Play Care 02:37 PM 07-30-2015
So we did it!

It was a much needed hard physical exercise for the older boys and a routine change for the rest of us
Thriftylady 02:47 PM 07-30-2015
Glad you did it. I would have also.
Reply Up