Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Providers with multiple locations.....
Christina72684 06:53 AM 06-02-2014
I've had 2 locations open for 2 full school years (plus last summer). Most of the time I run the preschool with after school building by myself and our "under 3 yr olds" are in the other building with 2-3 workers depending on the number of babies. Well starting next week a DC center is closing so our numbers are increasing pretty dramatically. We will be taking on 2 of the center's employees for a total of 6 employees between the 2 buildings. I will get a helper at times, but not a lot. 1 of the worker only wants 3 days, 2 workers want 4 days, and the other 3 of us will work 5 days a week. Does anyone else have problems with making schedules? Every time I go to make the next month's schedule I feel so overloaded, and that was with 4 workers before, now it's gonna be worse I'm sure! Is every day the same? What are your shift times like? I'm afraid I'll be over staffed at times and paying for employees we don't need here, but other times I'm afraid we'll be short staffed and overwhelmed. Sometimes I wish we just kept it simple with one building and just me and my mom. I know these first few weeks will be a huge adjustment period for all of us, so prayers no one gets too stressed out!
Reply Up