Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This is Encouraging
Qpmomma 04:56 PM 12-31-2011
I got the word out with family and friends about me starting a home daycare. A friend of mine got a hold of me and told me her and her sister take thier kids to a home daycare in my area and they don't really like her because she had told them she only has 2 other kids, however, she didn't mention she also takes care of her nephews and she actually has 9 kids to look after.

She said her and her sister are looking for somewhere else. She came over and looked at the space. I gave her a weekly price and I told her she will have to sign a contract and I will give her a handbook (after I write one!). I made it clear this is my buisness and although I love her and her sister, I am taking this very seriously (I quit my job for it!).

Sooooo......

I may have 2 kids starting when I open in 2 weeks!!!!!

Not getting my hopes up though. But this has gotten my nerves to settle down a bit, lol.
rbmom 05:13 PM 12-31-2011
Yay! Great start!
Abigail 06:08 PM 12-31-2011
You're starting in two weeks? That time will fly by fast! Are you going to be licensed or registered or what are your general plans for kids and activities and stuff? My first kids start in a week and I still feel like I have a lot to do, but know I'm ready.
Qpmomma 07:00 PM 12-31-2011
Omg!!! My friend just RESERVED a spot!!!

And yes, I feel like I have sooo much to do, lol. I'm not going to be licenced. Maybe later. I took the class for licencing though. And they said I can have 5 kids without being licenced.
AmyLeigh 07:45 PM 12-31-2011
Good for you!
All my dcf's are friends, too. You need to learn to walk on the tightrope between friendship and professional relationship, but it can be a good experience.
Qpmomma 04:24 AM 01-01-2012
And my cousin texted me, she wants to reserve the part time spot. This may work out after all.
Qpmomma 07:21 AM 01-01-2012
And my aunt just called and she wants care for her 2 kids full time! So starting out I will have 3 full timers and one part timer.
PitterPatter 07:35 AM 01-01-2012
Originally Posted by Qpmomma:
And my aunt just called and she wants care for her 2 kids full time! So starting out I will have 3 full timers and one part timer.
Congrats that's a great beginning!!
SilverSabre25 10:04 AM 01-01-2012
Yay!!
Ariana 11:34 AM 01-01-2012
Sounds awesome!!
Tags:new clients
Reply Up