Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FEES To Remain On A Waiting List...
Angelwings36 07:24 AM 02-14-2012
I was going to post this as unregistered because I know I'm going out on a limb here trying to start a new pattern with daycare waiting lists and this might be met with some negative remarks but I decided to take the risk and remain logged in.

My problem with waiting lists is I feel that I put in a ton of time and energy in with families that may never even use my daycare. For that reason I have decided to attach a fee to my 'active' waiting list. I feel that this will help weed out the families who aren't serious about enrolling their children in my care and making my interviewing process almost obsolete when I have a space become available.

Posted below is an email that I sent to a family who is very interested in my daycare.

Hello *****,

Thank you for responding to my ad. The spaces I was advertising for have been filled, however, I do keep an 'active' waiting list. I'm assuming you would be looking for an August/September space? There is a good chance that I may have availability by then with children moving on to school. I work my active waiting list as listed below:

1. You would set up an interview with me. During the interview you would get a copy of my policies and procedure as well as any daycare forms that I use that would be relevant to your specific situation. I also give a copy of my quarterly newsletters so families have an idea of what to expect month to month. I would answer any questions you have at that time and give you some reference numbers to check.

2. Once you have read through all my material and have made the decision that my daycare is the right fit for your family an initial fee of $50.00 is required to place your name on an active waiting list.

3. On the first of each month or at any time that I have an available space, you will receive an email from me to notify you of such openings. Each additional month after the first month is a $25.00 fee to remain on my active waiting list. You would provide me with post-dated checks for the amount of months that you would like to remain on my active waiting list.

4. If at any time you find a different daycare that fits your families needs or no longer want to remain on my active waiting list you would email me to inform me of your decision before the 1st of the following month and any post-dated checks that you have remaining with me you would go ahead and cancel.

5. If I email you and let you know that I have a space available there is a deposit to secure the space. The deposit is $325.00 and goes towards your last two weeks of childcare upon termination. Once this deposit is paid and all signed paperwork is returned to me your space is secure.

6. Once I accept a family for an opening the family is expected to pay a holding fee for each month before the first month that they begin care with me. My monthly holding fee is $150.00 and is non-refundable. So if I inform you in July of this year that I have an opening for September 2012 and your chose to put the deposit down to start your child in September 2012, you would pay a holding fee for the months of July and August.

7. Any fees paid to be on the active waiting list over $50.00 will be deducted from your monthly holding fee if a space becomes available to your family.

I am open Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:15pm and Fridays 7:30am - 4:30pm.

If my hours of operation work for you and you are interested in setting up an interview with me with the possibility of signing up to my active waiting list, please get back to me asap and we can proceed further.

Thanks so much.

Please don't hold back on any comments, suggestions or opinions on fees for a waiting list.

Also I am up for suggestions on how to contract the active waiting list fee(s) as I will have to make up a form for this.

Thanks so much!
Tags:letter samples, waiting list
Up