Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>wish I never started it in the first place
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 12:03 PM 08-15-2012
I have a 6 month old daycare baby whom I have had since she was 8 weeks old. Mom has serious separation issues. She comes every single day at lunch time which her time of arrival changes day-to-day. She comes in and picks up baby who is sleeping just to cuddle with her until she leaves. By the time mom leaves this baby has cried and screamed from being woke up that she has woken up everyone else and I am left to deal with it. Today is a prime example. I had just got dcg asleep about 10 minutes before mom gets here. She walks in the door and because the baby was making little humming noise she picked her up. Then the baby was fussy and fidgety and wouldn't calm down. Then mom makes a comment about oh are you telling me something is wrong? Are you hungry (baby just ate 2 hours before)? Do you need a diaper change? Uh. My husband and my own mom have both been telling me that I need to terminate this family and move on. I wish now that I would have never agreed to this. She also comes every morning at 8am and doesn't leave for work till 840. My middle child acts up when anyone comes over and it makes my mornings and lunch time so stressful. I have another mom that comes everyday at 1140 which is constant everyday. If her daughter is sleeping then she just hangs out and watches the mid-day news with me. If her daughter (5 months) wakes up then she will play with her. I'm ok with this, because she doesn't mess up the schedule. She doesn't cause a lot of fuss so my middle child doesn't even know she is here half the time.
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 08-15-2012
Dear DCM

Due to some recent issues at drop off and pick up time, from now on all drop offs/pick ups must be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Staying longer than that causes a disruption in our normal routine and activities.

If your child has trouble with separation, please note that shorter drop off/pick ups will help this issue in the long run. Also, please be assured that should your child not settle in within a reasonable amount of time, you will be contacted immediately.

Thank you for being respectful to ALL of our daycare children's needs.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider

momma2girls 01:10 PM 08-15-2012
yeah, I would never start this at all!!!!
ritah 03:40 PM 08-15-2012
I wouldn't just term...I would sit down and talk with her.

Tell her that, even though you agreed to the arrangement at the beginning, it is not working out. Professionally explain the challenges it presents...I find that most people are better able to accept something if they know the WHY behind it.

Ask her to comply with what you need from her...i.e. short drop-off time, either no lunchtime visit or a short visit at a specified time, etc. If she agrees and complies, then you've kept the family and won't have to go through the process of filling the spot. That is unless there are other issues that would warrant terming...
momma2girls 04:01 PM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Dear DCM

Due to some recent issues at drop off and pick up time, from now on all drop offs/pick ups must be limited to no more than 5 minutes. Staying longer than that causes a disruption in our normal routine and activities.

If your child has trouble with separation, please note that shorter drop off/pick ups will help this issue in the long run. Also, please be assured that should your child not settle in within a reasonable amount of time, you will be contacted immediately.

Thank you for being respectful to ALL of our daycare children's needs.

Sincerely,

Daycare Provider
I totally agree with this!!
Reply Up