Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You Guys Get Your Daycare Supplies, Etc?
MaritimeMummy 08:47 AM 08-23-2012
A triple or quad stroller at this point is not a want, it's a NEED! I have a double jogging stroller but it's just not cutting it. My daughter walks, the 2.5 year old DCG walks, and then I have a 23 month old, a 19 month old, and my son is 14 months. My son needs the stroller so then either the 23 month old or the 19 month old needs to walk. I don't trust either one of them even though the route we take is pretty safe, and they get tired so fast and can't keep up. We do have to cross the road at 2 points during a walk.

It never used to be an issue because the 23 month old and the 19 month old were hardly ever here during the same days, but now they are.

To play in our yard in the morning is insanely stupid, it's SO HOT and there is no shade, but going for a walk in the mornings is gorgeous because 95% of the walk is shaded in. But we're all going stir crazy until we can get out in the afternoon after naps. Where would you recommend buying a stroller online? Someplace reputable, fairly priced, and ships within Canada? Thanks!
Crazy8 08:54 AM 08-23-2012
I just got an "almost" triple stroller on craigslist - its the 2 seat sit n stand so a 3rd child can sit/stand on the back which works well for my age group because I only ever have two kids under 2 - the 3rd is always big enough to go on the back. Before I found that I was going to buy one on amazon - prices were reasonable and I have prime so free 2 day shipping. I get a ton of stuff off amazon for the daycare.
Meyou 09:01 AM 08-23-2012
I use a large wagon that was designed to be a utility cart. My dh modified it with seats and seatbelts. I can fit 4 in seats with storage and a 5th in the middle on the floor if I need the space. We just built a lightweight wood frame and attached fabric for the walls. I searched for over a year for a solution because I walk 3 km a day to school and back and we ended up creating our own. I've seen used quad strollers on kijiji for $600 a few times but I didn't want to invest that type of money.
MaritimeMummy 09:10 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I use a large wagon that was designed to be a utility cart. My dh modified it with seats and seatbelts. I can fit 4 in seats with storage and a 5th in the middle on the floor if I need the space. We just built a lightweight wood frame and attached fabric for the walls. I searched for over a year for a solution because I walk 3 km a day to school and back and we ended up creating our own. I've seen used quad strollers on kijiji for $600 a few times but I didn't want to invest that type of money.
Yeah, no kidding. Especially since 23 month old DCG should soon be old enough to walk on her own anyway.

To be honest, I don't even really know the proper thing to do for the older kids when we walk. Should I attach a rope to the stroller and have them hold that so I know where they are? they tend to just sort of dilly around and do their own thing, which is okay for most of the walk since it's a private trail, but it's getting to the trail and back again that I need to keep them in check.
slpender 09:11 AM 08-23-2012
I use a radio flyer wagon it has seat belts for 2 and the third sits on the floor in the middle. It also has a removeable sun canopy I got it at walmart.com I think it cost about $120 I did ship to store.
daycarediva 09:18 AM 08-23-2012
I have the step 2 choo choo wagon with the detachable extra trailers. That way I can use it just for my two younger sons and then add trailers depending on who is there that day. LOVE IT! I got it from step2.com it ended up being around $280 shipped for 5 total wagons.

http://www.bz2-img.com/images_custom...17765_full.jpg

(not my pic) the additional trailers were only available in orange, but I spray painted mine with different color plastic spray paint so everyone has a color.
MaritimeMummy 09:23 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have the step 2 choo choo wagon with the detachable extra trailers. That way I can use it just for my two younger sons and then add trailers depending on who is there that day. LOVE IT! I got it from step2.com it ended up being around $280 shipped for 5 total wagons.

http://www.bz2-img.com/images_custom...17765_full.jpg

(not my pic) the additional trailers were only available in orange, but I spray painted mine with different color plastic spray paint so everyone has a color.
OMG this is freaking adorable! I have a Step 2 wagon but it's just the typical 2 seater one. I might sell it and get this. Wow, so cute!
daycarediva 09:26 AM 08-23-2012
I also put my logo on both sides of the front car. It gets me CRAZY amounts of advertisements. I have gotten one client from seeing me with the kids/wagon and given out 10+ business cards since I purchased it this summer!
MaritimeMummy 09:28 AM 08-23-2012
!!! I just found out that there is a trailer attachment for my wagon!

http://www.step2.com/p/Tag-Along-Trailer-Plus

NICE!
daycarediva 09:28 AM 08-23-2012

^ my wagon
MaritimeMummy 09:29 AM 08-23-2012
...oh wait...that doesn`t look like it would fit a child...darn.
MaritimeMummy 09:40 AM 08-23-2012
daycarediva, that so SO adorable...
JennyBear 09:58 AM 08-23-2012
I also bought the Step 2 Choo Choo Wagon...It's AWESOME!!! We take that thing everywhere! It comes in handy for soo many different reason's and you can add/take away the individual seats to accommodate how ever many kids you have. (They suggest no more then 5)

I bought mine at a store in Toronto called "Mini Circuit"...it's a really cool toy specialty store. A daycare across the street also bought from there and they shipped from Toronto to Barrie no problems so maybe they will ship even further? Worth asking!
lil angels 10:10 AM 08-23-2012
I looked into that wagon to but can't put infants in it. So I went with the 4 place stroller by foundations. I got it through wayfair. It was 399.00 shipped but I am not in Canada. It is very nice to push even fully loaded.http://images.babyage.com/icons/loca...r-40-nm-bo.jpg
Lianne 10:11 AM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by MaritimeMummy:
!!! I just found out that there is a trailer attachment for my wagon!

http://www.step2.com/p/Tag-Along-Trailer-Plus

NICE!
I have the wagon and trailer and put a kid in the trailer. Works just fine. I'd put the 23mos old, not the 14mos old, back there. A friend's husband used nuts and bolts and secured seatbelt to the trailer so the child would be strapped in. You can find extra seatbelts in Walmart.
EchoMom 10:58 AM 08-23-2012
Does the choo choo wagon have seatbelts or something to keep little babies from falling asleep? What's the youngest age you could put in it? Is it hard on your shoulder to pull??? Can kids fall asleep in it safely? Does it bother you that you have to keep turning around to look at them and check on them??? I'm curious because if it works I absolutely will buy it too!
daycarediva 11:07 AM 08-23-2012
I'm pretty sure it is age 18m+ (the age group I take is all 18m+) It has seatbelts, individual cup holders in each car, and a storage area under the first seat (I stash my emergency forms, a small first aid kid, hand sanitizer and diapers/wipes in there). It is easy to pull. I put my youngest in the front and my tattle tale (haha) in the caboose, and it works really well, but would not be comfortable for sleeping. I love that it has an individual area for each kid (they can't comfortably reach each other) because I have lots of 'touchers'.
daycarediva 11:09 AM 08-23-2012
daycarediva, that so SO adorable...
Thank you! I painted the pink (and now have a purple trailer as well) I spoke to customer service and they said they recommend up to 5 cars, but the 6th would only hurt me to pull! LOL!

I really really love the wagon (obviously)
Creek 11:50 AM 08-23-2012
We have the choo choo wagon as well. I got it from Sears.
We also have a quad stroller. The Foundations one. I got it from a child care/educational store. The rain cover I had to order from the US. I need it to be able to pick DD up from the school bus.
Nickel 09:17 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I looked into that wagon to but can't put infants in it. So I went with the 4 place stroller by foundations. I got it through wayfair. It was 399.00 shipped but I am not in Canada. It is very nice to push even fully loaded.http://images.babyage.com/icons/loca...r-40-nm-bo.jpg
This is the stroller I've been looking at. Can you clip an infant seat to it. Or does it do a good job of holding an infant. I have infants 2mnth, 8mnth and 11mnths. Will this work for them and 3 yr olds (they come on dif days.)
DCMama 09:19 PM 08-23-2012
The wagon is outrageously cute!!!! Check on craigslist for some amazing deals!
countrymom 04:59 AM 08-24-2012
have you check the farm stores. I have a wagon, that has sides that you can take off, and a canopy (I bought it at TSC) its tires are inflatable which when hauling lots of kids is what you want.
MaritimeMummy 07:03 AM 08-24-2012
I have my heart set on that choo choo wagon now. Big problem though, Sears Canada is the only place that sells it without it costing a LOT of money to ship to me in NS...which poses another problem: Sears Canada only sells the "2 car" wagon and you buy the 3rd one separately, and that 3rd car is out of stock. They won't tell me for how long...they don't even have it listed on the website, the only way I can even see it is by linking externally. I never get what I want, LOL.
Unregistered 07:31 AM 08-24-2012
I use the 4 seater Bye Bye buggy. Bought it with my first grant! The kids love it and it still looks like new! We use it everyday!
There is a 6 seater too, but i imagine that would be awfully heavy, esp. going up hill!
Zoe 08:24 AM 08-24-2012
How does that choo choo fare on hills? I live on a slightly steep hill and I worry about how it would do pulling it down and pushing it back up the hill.
Crazy8 10:51 AM 08-24-2012
forgot, in addition to my new "triple" stroller I also have a Radio Flyer wagon - its the SUW and it very easily fits 4 kids. But they have to be toddlers so since I usually have an infant in the group I bought the double sit and stand stroller.
MaritimeMummy 07:45 AM 08-31-2012
Okay, so I might be reaching for the stars here, haha. BUT I have a Step2 Wagon for 2. I was going to buy the trailer attachment and see if I could put my 23 month old DCG in the trailer (without a seat belt...eeek!), but I can't find any stores anywhere in my province that sells it...and online, either doesn't ship to my address or costs a lot for shipping. So I found the exact same wagon, plus the trailer, on my local Kijiji for $50!

So now that I have two wagons plus a trailer, I was wondering how crazy it would be to try to find a way to attach the two wagons together, and just use the trailer like it's supposed to be used, for bags and stuff?
DBug 10:41 AM 08-31-2012
I've tried two Step 2 wagons together. I took the handle off of the second one and just used rope looped through and wound around (it kind of looked like a noose when I was done ) from the rear axle of the first to the handle attachment of the second. Having struggled with it for several months, I would NOT recommend doing it. Because the front wheels on each wagon swivel, the second wagon would wiggle from one side to the other whenever I was pulling it. I had to be strategic in which seats the kids were in to reduce the wiggling. I did try using the second wagon backwards, but the wiggling got worse .

I would totally suggest the Choo Choo wagon. It's what I have now, along with several other daycares in the neighbourhood . It's expensive, but worth every penny when you have a crowd of under 3's. Even my 5 yo will ride in it.

It is a good workout when it's full, but the advantage is that the kids can get out and walk when it's safe to do so, but if they're tired or you're crossing a busy road, everyone can hop back in and be safely buckled in.

Steep hills are tough. We have a really steep hill that we go up and down ocasionally, and everyone but the crawlers get out and walk. I would do the same with a stroller though.

JennyBear already suggested it, but here's Mini Circuit's website in Toronto: http://www.minicircuit.ca/, and according to the FAQ page, they do ship across Canada .
Unregistered 08:10 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Zoe:
How does that choo choo fare on hills? I live on a slightly steep hill and I worry about how it would do pulling it down and pushing it back up the hill.
It's not terrible on hills, but it all depends on how heavy your kids are. It's def a good workout though!
LK5kids 06:07 AM 08-13-2013
I love cho cho wagons and planned to get a set of six, but I read on their site not to attach that many. Does anyone know about this! They are so cute!
butterfly 07:55 AM 08-13-2013
Yeah, no kidding. Especially since 23 month old DCG should soon be old enough to walk on her own anyway.

To be honest, I don't even really know the proper thing to do for the older kids when we walk. Should I attach a rope to the stroller and have them hold that so I know where they are? they tend to just sort of dilly around and do their own thing, which is okay for most of the walk since it's a private trail, but it's getting to the trail and back again that I need to keep them in check.
This is what I do. Rope tied to stroller, all the walkers hang on to the rope. If anyone lets go, we stop until they get back on the rope. We are usually going somewhere fun, so everyone tends to listen well.

Otherwise, I've pushed a stroller while pulling a wagon, if I had too many that weren't able to walk that far.

There was a time when I would even push 2 strollers - side by side, with one hand on each - that was a work out!!

There have been times in my life when I've fantasied about getting a quad stroller, but I would need it for such a short time spand before the kids could walk on their own, that it would just eat up space in my garage. I've never found a good enough price on one to make that leap.
butterfly 07:57 AM 08-13-2013
oops - old thread - sorry everyone!
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 08-13-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
oops - old thread - sorry everyone!
No worries..... Old thread often have pertinent and/or helpful info in them so it's all good.

It's only when someone (unregistered or registered) comes into an old thread just to make a negative or useless comment that it is unnecessary, otherwise....don't worry about the date of threads....

ANY and ALL info is a good thing.
Tags:step 2 choo choo wagon, supplies, wagons, wagons - step 2 choo choo
Reply Up