Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rainy day ideas anyone?
Josiegirl 02:27 AM 06-23-2015
Supposed to be a nasty day, t-storms, hail, winds. Sounds like a day for curling up and reading all day. And I've only got 2 dcks coming, a 3 yo and an almost 2 yo. Some days it feels so much easier having 8 kids here instead of 2, ya know?
Any suggestions of what to do with them? All day nap?
AuntTami 02:36 AM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Supposed to be a nasty day, t-storms, hail, winds. Sounds like a day for curling up and reading all day. And I've only got 2 dcks coming, a 3 yo and an almost 2 yo. Some days it feels so much easier having 8 kids here instead of 2, ya know?
Any suggestions of what to do with them? All day nap?
That's what we did yesterday! Lol. I had a 2 year old and my lazy 1 year old. They both slept til 10:30 yesterday morning and we're back down for naps by 1:00 lol. They must of needed it!
Play Care 05:21 AM 06-23-2015
Later we are going to make a tent and do our circle/story time in it. May use a flashlight, but will probably wait until *after* we've gotten through story time for that...
We are doing a patrotic theme this week, so lots of red, white and blue crafts. Easy peasey (though tomorrow I am doing tie dying with the older kids because I am insane )
VTMom 06:19 AM 06-23-2015
I'm in the same boat of course!

We're going to be doing "fizzing fireworks" with coffee filters. Dropping some food coloring on them, adding some baking soda, and then spraying them with 3/4 vinegar 1/4 water. Once again, pinterest to the rescue for me. I haven't tried it before, but can't see how it could fail

I'm going to throw together a pile of craft sticks, markers, yarn, and wood glue and let them go to town.

I'm also thinking about doing some Cosmic Kid Yoga later this morning too.

The rest of the week looks nice
Josiegirl 09:27 AM 06-23-2015
Sounds like lots of fun ideas! We played playdoh. Then we opened up our new box of giant ink pads and rollers, had fun covering huge pieces of paper, then filled up 2 sinks with soapy bubbly water to clean all the stamps and rollers off. I think that was their best fun. I added food coloring to make colored bubbles and we made bubble prints on photo paper. They came out really pretty.
10 minutes of outdoor running around in the rain time, 10 more minutes of dancing to the Wiggles, lunch and now quiet time. Yay!! Oh and a few extra Gerald and Piggie books.
Play Care 09:52 AM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by VTMom:
I'm in the same boat of course!

We're going to be doing "fizzing fireworks" with coffee filters. Dropping some food coloring on them, adding some baking soda, and then spraying them with 3/4 vinegar 1/4 water. Once again, pinterest to the rescue for me. I haven't tried it before, but can't see how it could fail

I'm going to throw together a pile of craft sticks, markers, yarn, and wood glue and let them go to town.

I'm also thinking about doing some Cosmic Kid Yoga later this morning too.

The rest of the week looks nice
Let me know how the fireworks go, that may be an idea for our picnic on Thursday!
Reply Up