Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Baby Beluga 07:17 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My parents are "those" people on social media who post and share things without verifying if what they are posting, is in fact, true.

No, mom, the Obama's did not change the name of the White House Christmas tree to Holiday Tree.
And this is easily dispelled by a simple google search.

Stop being "those" people.
Wait, you mean everything on the internet isn't a true fact?! Oh my bubble. It is now burst
Rockgirl 08:51 AM 12-01-2016
10 month old cries every time I walk past her and don't pick her up. Makes me want to just hide from her!
Play Care 09:16 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
10 month old cries every time I walk past her and don't pick her up. Makes me want to just hide from her!
I have a PT infant who is with Grandma the rest of the week. I feel your pain!!
Rockgirl 10:09 AM 12-01-2016
I have a PT infant who is with Grandma the rest of the week. I feel your pain!!
Yikes--that makes it tough!
daycarediva 10:16 AM 12-01-2016
Playcare- one of my daycare parents are HORRIFIED that our POOR DOG is home all day most of the time (he does attend doggie daycare 2 days/week, but that's for socialization)

He has a fenced in yard and a dog door. He has his bed, tons of toys both indoor and out, food and water, etc. They 'feel bad for him'

They pay $150/week for their dog to attend doggie daycare FT. $50 less than my rates.

Seriously thinking about opening a dog daycare in our new home. I would LOVE to play with 6-8 dogs all day and get paid what I do now. Their dog daycare and the one we send our dog to is ALWAYS full.
DaveA 11:08 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Playcare- one of my daycare parents are HORRIFIED that our POOR DOG is home all day most of the time (he does attend doggie daycare 2 days/week, but that's for socialization)

He has a fenced in yard and a dog door. He has his bed, tons of toys both indoor and out, food and water, etc. They 'feel bad for him'

They pay $150/week for their dog to attend doggie daycare FT. $50 less than my rates.

Seriously thinking about opening a dog daycare in our new home. I would LOVE to play with 6-8 dogs all day and get paid what I do now. Their dog daycare and the one we send our dog to is ALWAYS full.
Wait- doggie daycare is a real thing? Not for vacations or absences like a kennel but an actual daycare for dogs while people are at work?????? I'm not even sure which of the smilies to use: or
childcaremom 11:15 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Wait- doggie daycare is a real thing? Not for vacations or absences like a kennel but an actual daycare for dogs while people are at work?????? I'm not even sure which of the smilies to use: or
There's one in our town (and our town is small). Actually there might be two. It's full of dogs whose owners are gone 9+ hours/day at work.

There's also quite a few kennels for extended stays.

I think a doggy daycare would be a lucrative business. But I imagine it would have it's fair share of issues with the parents.
MsLisa 11:19 AM 12-01-2016
It may not be snowing but all I keep getting are flakes...
Always the day of too. So I get all excited, packed and planned...only to POOF!

It feels like the world just keeps slapping it out of my hands, just as I think I grab it.
midaycare 12:16 PM 12-01-2016

I have often thought of doggie daycare...but there are regulations still. I have a friend who owns one.
midaycare 12:17 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
It may not be snowing but all I keep getting are flakes...
Always the day of too. So I get all excited, packed and planned...only to POOF!

It feels like the world just keeps slapping it out of my hands, just as I think I grab it.
And here I am excited it's NOT snowing!
midaycare 12:30 PM 12-01-2016
I just can't do babies under 6 months anymore. And until early Feb, when this baby is 6 months old, I will probably post every week here. Held ALL the time at home. I was this parent DS didn't go to daycare until 8 months though. But yeah...quite the transition. His first dcp probably posted here about me
MsLisa 01:19 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
And here I am excited it's NOT snowing!
Oh I'm not talking snow, I meant people being flakes....
Was to be a play on words but wow did that fail.

Parents keep canceling on me, often on the day of. I can't help but take it personally.
Play Care 01:55 PM 12-01-2016

I wonder if there are doggie day care regs?!
Controlled Chaos 06:57 PM 12-01-2016
I wonder if there are doggie day care regs?!
We have one near our house. Their rates are just about the same as mine I have thought a little being a god walker. My dad pays $15 an hour for a walk and some play time for his dog everyday. And if you get a few dogs in the same neighborhood you could double up!
Play Care 03:11 AM 12-02-2016
On Monday my 2 yo dcb came in with a cold and sneezed *right in my face*
On Wednesday morning, my throat started getting the tickle. By the evening, my nose was both stuffy and running, and I was sneezing. The sinus headache I have with it has also been a blast.

TGIF!!!!
Snowmom 06:49 AM 12-02-2016
Tis the season... for termination.

2 families gave notice this week. One will be moving next month and the other I was totally fine with leaving, so eh.

But, it always seems that the two week buffer before holidays is when I get notices. I only take 2 paid days at Christmas and two unpaid (all my vacations days are unpaid) and yet, it's just so much of a hassle for them that they need to find new care (insert a little sarcasm here!).

Bah humbug.
Annalee 07:03 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

2 families gave notice this week. One will be moving next month and the other I was totally fine with leaving, so eh.

But, it always seems that the two week buffer before holidays is when I get notices. I only take 2 paid days at Christmas and two unpaid (all my vacations days are unpaid) and yet, it's just so much of a hassle for them that they need to find new care (insert a little sarcasm here!).

Bah humbug.
I always plan a parent meeting in early November to renew contracts for the upcoming year to avoid doing this through the Holidays. This always is a tell-tell sign if someone is going to pull out before my Christmas break which they pay me for In the past, I have had some hesitant to give their contracts to me but not this year....All filled them out!
childcaremom 07:05 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

Bah humbug.
I'm sorry. That stinks. I can't imagine taking my children out of a daycare that they've adjusted to just because of holiday schedules.

Here's to a New Year with better families!
Unregistered 11:50 AM 12-02-2016
Ugh I hate losing kids to big box preschools! And at Christmas time to top it off! Preschool is going to be a big adjustment for both parent and child because I am sure they won't allow kids to come in Jammie's with a pop tart ,pillow ,blanket and three stuffed animals. Ugh!
Play Care 08:20 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Ugh I hate losing kids to big box preschools! And at Christmas time to top it off! Preschool is going to be a big adjustment for both parent and child because I am sure they won't allow kids to come in Jammie's with a pop tart ,pillow ,blanket and three stuffed animals. Ugh!
Right! I had one parent complain because the school sends home "snotty" notes about supplies and she takes it personally. Um, there's hundreds of kids there, why are you feeling singled out? Guilty conscious, perhaps?
Of course, I always think parents view brick and mortar preschools as "real" school and tend to behave better
lovemydaycare0912 04:28 AM 12-07-2016
No you cannot text me at 800pm the night before telling me about an important appointment that requires you to drop off dcb 45 minutes early today. Then when I text you back saying no and including our policy this morning you say okay you'll add the money. I said NO. Then after allllllll that, you say well then my mom will just bring him. Yes. That's exactly what will need to happen. She's not working anyway.
LysesKids 05:02 AM 12-07-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
No you cannot text me at 800pm the night before telling me about an important appointment that requires you to drop off dcb 45 minutes early today. Then when I text you back saying no and including our policy this morning you say okay you'll add the money. I said NO. Then after allllllll that, you say well then my mom will just bring him. Yes. That's exactly what will need to happen. She's not working anyway.
At least you got a text but she should not have demanded early drop... some people still think we work FOR THEM

I have a parent that has no courtesy to let me know he is running late (like half the time) and he knows he is first in by an hour each day easy (next in is 830 thru January)... I could have slept in had I known it was another 8-830 day instead of 7am. Just 2 more months and kid ages out... just 2 more months
lovemydaycare0912 05:09 AM 12-07-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
At least you got a text but she should not have demanded early drop... some people still think we work FOR THEM

I have a parent that has no courtesy to let me know he is running late (like half the time) and he knows he is first in by an hour each day easy (next in is 830 thru January)... I could have slept in had I known it was another 8-830 day instead of 7am. Just 2 more months and kid ages out... just 2 more months

Yeah I think they need to reread the handbook. Oh no. I let my parents know if you're going to be late let me know within the first 15 minutes. I've contemplated not letting some people in due to not letting me know they'd be late. Can February come fast enough for you? I also have a dcb who turns 3 in February and his auntie let loose that he's going to school in February. Well thanks auntie for that nugget lol
LysesKids 05:30 AM 12-07-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Yeah I think they need to reread the handbook. Oh no. I let my parents know if you're going to be late let me know within the first 15 minutes. I've contemplated not letting some people in due to not letting me know they'd be late. Can February come fast enough for you? I also have a dcb who turns 3 in February and his auntie let loose that he's going to school in February. Well thanks auntie for that nugget lol
I have his spot filled but the baby is just being born today lol... the 2 that were to age out at Christmas I had to cut lose beginning of November due to behavior; their spots are also filled but one baby doesn't start until mid January, the other Mid Feb so funds are like Nada for the holiday. My bills are barely getting paid and for the first time my grandkids won't get presents from me. All my daycare is 18 months and under...
Unregistered 06:18 AM 12-07-2016
Omg I can't believe it! It's 16 degrees here this morning and daycare boy walks in barefoot no socks or shoes! Wth it's freezing out mom said he didn't want to wear them. I guess I know who the boss is at there house and it's not the parents lol. Sorry make him wear socks and shoes.
Second Home 06:19 AM 12-07-2016
I find out yesterday at pick up that dcb (8 months who does not nap) is co-sleeping with his parents . They don't want him to cry so if he wakes at night they bring him into bed with them .
daycarediva 11:20 AM 12-07-2016
I whined about dcb's boots (they were too big, by quite a bit hand me down. IDC WHAT they look like, but they didn't FIT and fell off often. So mom sent him in tennis shoes in the meantime (and then she complained about the dirt/mud on the shoes.)

Today he got new boots. They bought them brand new, just for here, high end boots that were 75.99 (sticker on the bottom, for a 2yo)

They are too small. WAY too small. Like I COULD NOT get his foot in them and he can put regular shoes on himself. We did NOT get outside today and I AM TICKED.
LeslieG 12:50 PM 12-07-2016
Dck did not come to daycare all last week because he was sick. Today was his first day back (he's here Wed-Fri).

Dcd just picked him up and asked how much he owes me. I said the weekly rate for last week and this week. He was like, "Wait so we pay for last week even though he was sick?" I told him yes. He suddenly seemed very annoyed and mad. Seriously, I've gone over this with them and it clearly states this in my contract!

To make matters worse, he asked, "who do I make the check out to?" I said he can make it out to me. He paused and said "what's your name again?" Ahhh... you know, just the person that's been caring for your child for the last month!!
LysesKids 01:18 PM 12-07-2016
Originally Posted by LeslieG:
Dck did not come to daycare all last week because he was sick. Today was his first day back (he's here Wed-Fri).

Dcd just picked him up and asked how much he owes me. I said the weekly rate for last week and this week. He was like, "Wait so we pay for last week even though he was sick?" I told him yes. He suddenly seemed very annoyed and mad. Seriously, I've gone over this with them and it clearly states this in my contract!

To make matters worse, he asked, "who do I make the check out to?" I said he can make it out to me. He paused and said "what's your name again?" Ahhh... you know, just the person that's been caring for your child for the last month!!
I do cash and credit card only ... IN ADVANCE of care. The only time I give a credit is if a child is ill and they will be out 5 or more contracted days in a row - in order to get the 50% credit I need a Dr's note within the first 48 hrs stating illness and how long a child will be absent (I figure if the kid is that sick parents have to go to Dr's office)... no note, no credit. It keeps a parent from trying to pull one over for discounted vacation time too.
daycarediva 10:04 AM 12-08-2016
Originally Posted by LeslieG:

He knew, he was just hoping you would give them a break. That's why he ASKED, because otherwise, he wouldn't OWE anything.
Play Care 10:50 AM 12-08-2016
I am so over the PT baby waking up screaming from nap.
daycarediva 11:16 AM 12-08-2016
The snotty noses. EVERY SINGLE CHILD IN CARE has a runny nose right now. Slight cough, no fever, crankier than usual. Fun times. I feel like 90% of our day is just survival mode and I'm not loving it!
DaveA 12:57 PM 12-08-2016
He knew, he was just hoping you would give them a break. That's why he ASKED, because otherwise, he wouldn't OWE anything.
Yep. Exactly
Josiegirl 02:12 PM 12-08-2016
The snotty noses. EVERY SINGLE CHILD IN CARE has a runny nose right now. Slight cough, no fever, crankier than usual. Fun times. I feel like 90% of our day is just survival mode and I'm not loving it!
Some of mine have runny noses too, and the cough. One 3.5 yo dcg has had a cough and goopy nose for well over 2(maybe even 3 weeks). Constantly reminding her to cover her cough. Tell me, what good does it do to spend hours disinfecting, cleaning, sanitizing when all it takes is one cough-in-your-face moment to bring it all down??
Josiegirl 02:17 PM 12-08-2016
The competition between all these girls is killing me. OMG
We've got a little snow to play in which is great. BUT 2 tots that love to be pulled around in toddler sleds and 3 bigger kids that love to pull them. See the problem with that? I got so frustrated today I threatened to put all the sleds away for the rest of the season.
And one of the bigger girls can be very whiny so if I tell her to share or it's somebody else's turn or she doesn't get to pull the tot she wants, she'll stand there and bawl the entire time.
It's going to be a very looonnnggg winter.
lovemydaycare0912 07:10 PM 12-08-2016
Diarrhea and vomiting all morning. Closing tomorrow for 3 out of 5 kids. Going to be a pajama and TV kind of day. Husband held it down today but now he's sick too and I'm feeling better. Can Friday night come fast enough? Oh and not to mention the mess in my house that we have no energy to clean until tomorrow.
Unregistered 11:46 PM 12-08-2016
Kids in my class who are in for a rude awakening in kindergarten-

- boy whose mom is attachment parenting and cannot tolerate negative emotions, cries over everything, and shows no remorse when his rough play hurts friends.
- girl who wears heels and party dresses every single day and still carries a security blanket.
- boy who is coddled and lacks independence because he is a special snowflake.
- girl with developmental delays who should be in an early intervention program. Oh and she has an October birthday so she will likely continue on mostly unsupported until she's nearly 6 and goes to kindergarten where they will hopefully get mom to accept the need for special education.
- girl who seriously needs speech therapy.
I feel bad for kindergarten teachers who have the unpleasant job of pulling parents heads out of the sand.
Indoorvoice 08:28 AM 12-09-2016
I really need to stop engaging people in mommy groups who for the life of them can't understand why daycare providers charge for enrollment and not attendance and why illegal daycares are bad. They're just not going to understand and I'm getting myself all fired up for nothing.
Mike 02:05 PM 12-09-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I really need to stop engaging people in mommy groups who for the life of them can't understand why daycare providers charge for enrollment and not attendance and why illegal daycares are bad. They're just not going to understand and I'm getting myself all fired up for nothing.
Even if they did understand, some wouldn't care.
Play Care 07:06 AM 12-12-2016
Snow day today and I have one family. Suggested they allow the SA boys to bring something to do during quiet time.
They show up with the board game Life.
Because yeah, a 6 and 7 year old will play that independently.
Heart12 05:48 AM 12-13-2016
Will I ever be able to please these parents?!

Last week, DCM was in a tizzy because DCB wasn't eating the pureed food she sent. Even though he was drinking all of the milk she sent, that wasnt good enough because "he gobbles his food up at home".

Yesterday he ate everything that she sent & STILL she sends a note with DCD this morning! Now she's not happy because I didnt follow the "exact" feeding schedule that she has him on. (I fed him 10min. early so that he wouldnt be screaming for a bottle on the car ride home ) Of course she threw in a couple "oh but I trust your judgement..." But do you? Really? Because if you did, you'd stop micro managing me!!!!
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
Will I ever be able to please these parents?!

Last week, DCM was in a tizzy because DCB wasn't eating the pureed food she sent. Even though he was drinking all of the milk she sent, that wasnt good enough because "he gobbles his food up at home".

Yesterday he ate everything that she sent & STILL she sends a note with DCD this morning! Now she's not happy because I didnt follow the "exact" feeding schedule that she has him on. (I fed him 10min. early so that he wouldnt be screaming for a bottle on the car ride home ) Of course she threw in a couple "oh but I trust your judgement..." But do you? Really? Because if you did, you'd stop micro managing me!!!!
Stop trying to please parents.

It's less stressful that way.

Do things YOUR way (in your daily routine according to your program schedule) and let mom do things her way.

Tell her the ONLY option she has in this situation is choosing whether or not YOUR daily routine/schedule works for her.

She absolutely gets to dictate the child's diet (as long as it meets food program and/or licensing requirements) but she does NOT get to dictate your actions in forcing a child to eat a specific amount, when he gets to eat (down to the minute like that..) and she can write all the notes she wants but you are under no obligation to follow them.

If she wants to micro-manage things to that extent, she needs a nanny.

If I were you, I'd hand her back the note and say something like "DCM, I understand you want Baby to eat according to your specific instructions but I've established a pretty good routine here during the day that meets food program and licensing requirements. I'll gladly keep you updated as to how things are going but you don't need to send these detailed notes in daily. I've got it covered."

Then SMILE big and stand your ground.
laundrymom 11:29 AM 12-13-2016
Life just makes me want to scream some days. Anyone with me?
Just life in general.
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Life just makes me want to scream some days. Anyone with me?
Just life in general.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yes! Definitely have those moments too!!!

NillaWafers 12:35 PM 12-13-2016
Just lost a parent cus they couldn't follow rules. After a week and a half of late late late dropoffs, despite me telling them they need to let me know when they're going to be late, and to please be there by nine, they didn't listen.

Refused care this morning at 9:45. Got a call saying it wasn't working for them and they have never had this experience anywhere else

How late do centers allow dropoff cus last I checked dropping off right ebfore nap is a big no no. And I called for pickup that day cus she was being disruptive. *frustrated*

Yay more tours :|
Indoorvoice 01:41 PM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Just lost a parent cus they couldn't follow rules. After a week and a half of late late late dropoffs, despite me telling them they need to let me know when they're going to be late, and to please be there by nine, they didn't listen.

Refused care this morning at 9:45. Got a call saying it wasn't working for them and they have never had this experience anywhere else

How late do centers allow dropoff cus last I checked dropping off right ebfore nap is a big no no. And I called for pickup that day cus she was being disruptive. *frustrated*

That's really frustrating! In my area centers cater to parents terribly and let them get away with anything. It really sucks. When I have families come from centers and then tell me "such and such center let me do that..." I respond with, "if you want to pay center prices, I will let you do that too."
childcaremom 02:11 AM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:

I'm sorry.

It has been my experience that parents coming from centres expect me to cater to their schedules and desires, as well.
Play Care 05:03 AM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
That's really frustrating! In my area centers cater to parents terribly and let them get away with anything. It really sucks. When I have families come from centers and then tell me "such and such center let me do that..." I respond with, "if you want to pay center prices, I will let you do that too."
This. Centers have multiple staff to deal with many of the issues which eliminate many of the "problems" in homes have.
Parents also pay a premium for that type of service.
IME, parents want center service for in home prices, and I'm usually clear to point that out when I interview parents coming from centers.
finsup 07:18 AM 12-14-2016
About ready to charge a flat rate 52 weeks a year. Ugh!! I have a pretty generous vacation policy and still, more discounts are asked for. I have no problem saying no but just ugh!
midaycare 09:43 AM 12-14-2016
Are you kidding me? This year I'm taking the week off between Christmas and New Years. I always take 5 days off, usually 24-26th and 31st and the 1st, but they fall on different weeks.

Dcf's have never said anything before but this year they are raising a stink about it. I'm getting side eyes and eye rolls. "We still pay you?" All my parents except two gets paid vacation. And they aren't the ones complaining!
Play Care 10:46 AM 12-15-2016
Once again, the PT infant is such a craptastic napper.

And I blame State regs in part because I know she would do better in an actual bedroom where it's quiet and dark.
Controlled Chaos 12:09 PM 12-15-2016
Once again, the PT infant is such a craptastic napper.

And I blame State regs in part because I know she would do better in an actual bedroom where it's quiet and dark.
I have a 2 day a week infant and yesterday was AWFUL. She is only 2 months old (soooo tiny!) so I like having her right next to me, but the noise and ruckus...its tough. So glad I only have an infant 2 days a week. I'm really a sucker for agreeing to have her at. Any children her 15m...just not my thing
MyAngels 06:46 PM 12-16-2016
My new (as in I've never met her before) FP rep showed up at my door for a visit this morning before I was even open . I knew it wasn't one of my families (they know better ), so I just ignored the door until 7. I bet she doesn't try that again
DaveA 03:55 AM 12-19-2016
Most of the secondary roads are still icy and slick, so school is cancelled for today. Not venting about that. All the people on FB are freaking out because they did canceled it yesterday afternoon. Which is when the county told them they couldn't get the roads safe for busses by this morning. They could have done it at 600 this morning. It's December in Central IL- snow days happen. It's called planning ahead people.
Miss A 06:26 AM 12-20-2016
My day started off with the alarm at 5:45. In my tired mom mode, I promptly turned it off, tossed back the covers, and fell back asleep. I woke up at 6:30 in panic, as my first daycare family would be arriving in 15 minutes. I managed to get dressed, brush my teeth, and throw in a messy bun in the first 5, and do a quick pump session before my dairy cannons burst all before my first family walked in the door. Disaster averted, hopefully this day can only get better!
Play Care 03:15 AM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
My day started off with the alarm at 5:45. In my tired mom mode, I promptly turned it off, tossed back the covers, and fell back asleep. I woke up at 6:30 in panic, as my first daycare family would be arriving in 15 minutes. I managed to get dressed, brush my teeth, and throw in a messy bun in the first 5, and do a quick pump session before my dairy cannons burst all before my first family walked in the door. Disaster averted, hopefully this day can only get better!
Dairy cannons,

Hope the rest of your day went better
Play Care 03:21 AM 12-21-2016
Why am I such a last minute person????

I have to make the dck's gifts to their parents (cute picture glued on to paper and some glitter around it for the "frame")
Make my kids teachers their gifts (peppermint bark)
Buy small gift for my dck's
Wrap all the gifts
Clean the house
Make sure I have everything I need for Christmas dinner
Make sure I have all the gifts I need, etc etc etc
Josiegirl 04:19 AM 12-21-2016

I have to make the dck's gifts to their parents (cute picture glued on to paper and some glitter around it for the "frame")
Wrap all the gifts
Clean the house

Maybe you work best under pressure?? But yeh, I thought *I* was a last minute person. Stressful isn't it?

And Miss A, never heard the term Dairy Cannons but omg, it fits perfectly. LOL
daycarediva 09:45 AM 12-21-2016

Wrap all the gifts
Clean the house
Do you work well under pressure? Because I kind of don't, at ALL. GOOD LUCK!
Heart12 10:16 AM 12-21-2016
I cannot wait to get these kids out of the door tomorrow & close my doors for 12 glorious days!

DCM says she is going to pick DCB up early today at 1:00. I KNEW it was not going to happen, yet I still planned my entire day around this kid leaving. 12:55 I get a text from DCM saying she will be here at 2:00. I know its their time but man that really just irritated me bc DCB is SUPER whiney today. Its nap time & I need a break!!!
Play Care 10:28 AM 12-21-2016
Do you work well under pressure? Because I kind of don't, at ALL. GOOD LUCK!
Not really And everytime I swear I'll change...

I have infants this year and it's worse than usual.

Thank goodness I have Friday off
Play Care 10:29 AM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
I cannot wait to get these kids out of the door tomorrow & close my doors for 12 glorious days!

DCM says she is going to pick DCB up early today at 1:00. I KNEW it was not going to happen, yet I still planned my entire day around this kid leaving. 12:55 I get a text from DCM saying she will be here at 2:00. I know its their time but man that really just irritated me bc DCB is SUPER whiney today. Its nap time & I need a break!!!
I would have put him down with the other kids and had mom text me when she was pulling in. I refuse to change the schedule at all. Ever.
Heart12 10:36 AM 12-21-2016
[quote=Play Care;619185]I would have put him down with the other kids and had mom text me when she was pulling in. I refuse to change the schedule at all. Ever.[/Q

I changed his schedule today because I usually nap him in the same room as my own child, & everyday he has to cry himself to sleep & its soooooo loud. So I normally get him down first around 12:30, & then my child goes down at 1pm. Im just mad bc every time a parent tells me they will come early, they never come on time! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Play Care 10:49 AM 12-21-2016
I am so over the infants. I wish I had some leads for older kids. I would term the pt infant in a heartbeat.
Heart12 11:35 AM 12-21-2016
I am so over the infants. I wish I had some leads for older kids. I would term the pt infant in a heartbeat.
this!
Miss A 02:14 PM 12-21-2016
Teething 10 and 12 month olds. Whiney, fussy, emotional kiddos. 1 hour left in the day, and I broke down and turned on a Barney movie. No more whining, fussing, or baby wrestle mania. We have done art, naps, busy boxes, free play, snuggles, and LOTS of food, Miss A is daycare lady-ed out.
daycarediva 09:39 AM 12-22-2016
Not really And everytime I swear I'll change...

I have infants this year and it's worse than usual.

Thank goodness I have Friday off
Me too! Enjoy your day off! Do your kids still have school? Mine are only off next week. They go back MONDAY! Teachers are losing their minds.

I would have put him down with the other kids and had mom text me when she was pulling in. I refuse to change the schedule at all. Ever.
YUP!

[quote=Heart12;619188]
I would have put him down with the other kids and had mom text me when she was pulling in. I refuse to change the schedule at all. Ever.[/Q

I changed his schedule today because I usually nap him in the same room as my own child, & everyday he has to cry himself to sleep & its soooooo loud. So I normally get him down first around 12:30, & then my child goes down at 1pm. Im just mad bc every time a parent tells me they will come early, they never come on time! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I started to do what BC does (again, HAHA!) and put a schedule change form by the front door. When they write their new time down, it is their contracted pick up time for the day, no taking-backsies.
Play Care 09:46 AM 12-22-2016
Diva, kids are off tomorrow also, head back Tuesday Jan 3.
I'm glad it's not the 2 week vacations they had the last few years. That was too much
daycarediva 10:18 AM 12-22-2016
Diva, kids are off tomorrow also, head back Tuesday Jan 3.
I'm glad it's not the 2 week vacations they had the last few years. That was too much
I was surprised we are so short this year. I can't see where they added additional days to compensate for it anywhere, either. I'm not complaining, either. There is NOTHING going on during that time, so it ends up with my kids getting too much screen time.
Play Care 10:26 AM 12-22-2016
I was surprised we are so short this year. I can't see where they added additional days to compensate for it anywhere, either. I'm not complaining, either. There is NOTHING going on during that time, so it ends up with my kids getting too much screen time.
If I worked outside the home I would NOT take the week after off. It's such a waste of vacation. But it allows my kids to play with their toys, have friends over, etc. without day care. But I always feel like I spend my vacation from cooking, cleaning, and child care, doing cooking, cleaning and child care
daycarediva 10:43 AM 12-22-2016
If I worked outside the home I would NOT take the week after off. It's such a waste of vacation. But it allows my kids to play with their toys, have friends over, etc. without day care. But I always feel like I spend my vacation from cooking, cleaning, and child care, doing cooking, cleaning and child care
Nailed it there! 'holidays' aren't exactly conducive to vacation. It just a whoolllee nother 'to do' list.
MsHannah 05:08 PM 12-22-2016
I work at a center and I was supposed to have today and tomorrow off, but one of our lead teachers decided to quit without giving any notice. Now, I have to work all day on both days to pick up her slack Literally, I was working with her on Tuesday and she gave no indication of her intention to leave. Needless to say, my director was P*SSED. On top of that, new dcg 1 decided to poop in her pull up, take it off, and sit down on her sleeping bag, and poor dcg 8 got sent home with severe abdominal pain (like she was crying and lying in a fetal position.) So it's been a fun day!
midaycare 12:30 PM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by MsHannah:
I work at a center and I was supposed to have today and tomorrow off, but one of our lead teachers decided to quit without giving any notice. Now, I have to work all day on both days to pick up her slack Literally, I was working with her on Tuesday and she gave no indication of her intention to leave. Needless to say, my director was P*SSED. On top of that, new dcg 1 decided to poop in her pull up, take it off, and sit down on her sleeping bag, and poor dcg 8 got sent home with severe abdominal pain (like she was crying and lying in a fetal position.) So it's been a fun day!
Oh grrr...I'm feeling for you!
DaycareDays126 05:42 AM 12-29-2016
So frustrated with parents who think your responsibility involving their child is equal to what their responsibility for their child is. I should print something out to give these people that shows the definitions of PARENT and DAYCARE PROVIDER. I know this is the age old issue, but I will never understand why parents are more concerned about getting "their money's worth" or getting their stuff done than taking care of their children. Ok........vent over for the day..........I needed that already this morning!
Blackcat31 05:52 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
So frustrated with parents who think your responsibility involving their child is equal to what their responsibility for their child is. I should print something out to give these people that shows the definitions of PARENT and DAYCARE PROVIDER. I know this is the age old issue, but I will never understand why parents are more concerned about getting "their money's worth" or getting their stuff done than taking care of their children. Ok........vent over for the day..........I needed that already this morning!
That line of thinking is THE foundation to my sanity and my success.

I have VERY clear divides as to what I view as a parent responsibility and what I view as a provider responsibility and my parents are "well educated" in that regard and if not, I have zero issues explaining it to them.

The need to "get their money's worth" is met here abruptly and swiftly with a tilt of my head and a scrunched up confused look on my face and the words "your child does not have a monetary value" type lecture....
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 12-29-2016
"Can't you, like, invite some neighbor kids over or something? >Snowflake< does not like being the only one here this week, >snowflake< needs to play with other kids and cried the whole way here."

Yup, I'll get right on that.

* before anyone asks, yes, all current families have at least one parent home this week and, yes, snowflake has been loving unlimited free art, the kinetic sand "ocean life theme" science table and "veterinary medical charting" writing center all week. Gleefully alone.

First world school holiday troubles.
daycarediva 06:15 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"Can't you, like, invite some neighbor kids over or something? >Snowflake< does not like being the only one here this week, >snowflake< needs to play with other kids and cried the whole way here."

Yup, I'll get right on that.

* before anyone asks, yes, all current families have at least one parent home this week and, yes, snowflake has been loving unlimited free art, the kinetic sand "ocean life theme" science table and "veterinary medical charting" writing center all week. Gleefully alone.

First world school holiday troubles.
Well then, I see that >snowflake< would much rather be home with >parent not working< because all of her other friends are getting that time, too.

I've had parents say that their child LOVED the 1:1 time when the only child here, but never the opposite.
DaycareDays126 06:31 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That line of thinking is THE foundation to my sanity and my success.

I have VERY clear divides as to what I view as a parent responsibility and what I view as a provider responsibility and my parents are "well educated" in that regard and if not, I have zero issues explaining it to them.

The need to "get their money's worth" is met here abruptly and swiftly with a tilt of my head and a scrunched up confused look on my face and the words "your child does not have a monetary value" type lecture....
My backbone is getting much stronger but there is always something they will surprise me with. I wish I was confident enough in myself to be able to handle these situations when they arise in a consistent and "putting my foot down" sort of way every single time.

"Can I bring my sick child even though both parents have been home for 2 weeks? I have things to do today."

"I'm going to need you to take care of my child 5 days a week/10 hours a day. During that time, can you teach them this, this, and this? Oh and I need you to do this with them too. I'll drop them off the second they wake up and I'll pick them up 1 hour before their ridiculously early bed time whether I have to work that day or not."

"Oh you're taking those days off? And I have to pay you? I have to get my nails done that day, what am I supposed to do about that?"

What do they think is actually their job besides getting them up in the morning and picking them up at night? I think my job is to supervise their children in a happy, fun, and loving environment during the times the parents are unable to do that themselves (i.e. Work, etc. I won't get into the "parents not at work debate"). I strive to have an environment that prepares children for preschool/kindergarten but I am not a preschool teacher and have never claimed to be one. I will assist in teaching your child how to be independent but I don't believe it is solely my job to teach them all of their abc's and 1,2,3's, how to tie their shoes, change their clothes, use their manners, use the toilet, do their homework, and everything else in between while their child is sick, teething, tired from getting no sleep the night before or getting up too early in the morning for the $3 an hour they somehow imagine in their head as $20 an hour while they critique that Little Johnny is 2 and should be using the toilet but they don't have the time to train him, why am I not doing it? Or Little Susie still doesn't know how to write her name so I'm going to need you to spend extra time with her on that because when we get home we have 25 errands to run before getting home and going to bed.

I could go on and on as I'm sure we all could!
Cat Herder 06:42 AM 12-29-2016
Well then, I see that >snowflake< would much rather be home with >parent not working< because all of her other friends are getting that time, too.

I've had parents say that their child LOVED the 1:1 time when the only child here, but never the opposite.
Nail on the head, mostly. I think it is more >parent< feels bad that >snowflake< has to go to daycare this week, alone. Fear of judgement from other mommies.

IMHO, >snowflake< is better here this week so >other parent< can spend much needed active time (read mountain climbing, hiking, skiing) with much older siblings who rarely get this opportunity and will launch from the nest before >snowflake< even gets to elementary school. Benefits the whole family from my viewpoint.

Still, makes for one defensive parent before morning coffee...
daycarediva 09:16 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Nail on the head, mostly. I think it is more >parent< feels bad that >snowflake< has to go to daycare this week, alone. Fear of judgement from other mommies.

IMHO, >snowflake< is better here this week so >other parent< can spend much needed active time (read mountain climbing, hiking, skiing) with much older siblings who rarely get this opportunity and will launch from the nest before >snowflake< even gets to elementary school. Benefits the whole family from my viewpoint.

Still, makes for one defensive parent before morning coffee...

Ahhh, I see. That's an entirely different situation than what I have currently. I wouldn't feel AS guilty if I were her.
lovemydaycare0912 04:09 AM 01-03-2017
I had been telling all parents since October to make sure all littles got their flu shot and proof to me by Dec 31st or they could not return to care u til it was done. State regs mandate this. All my parents did it early except 1. I kept writing it on every daily report. All last week she was off from work, still brought dcb, and I reminded her everyday. I told her try a walk in as she may not even have to schedule an appointment with his doctor.

Dcm waits literally until Friday. Messages me this morning that they don't do under age 4 so he has an appointment scheduled today. Like come on lady! That is your fault not mine. Smh
Play Care 09:30 AM 01-03-2017
This may be controversial and I'll apologize in advance...

A Facebook friend of mine "home schools" But it's clear from what she posts and how the kids are that their are NOT being educated. And the kicker? She even admits that she struggles with it, but gets defensive when others try to give advice.

I feel bad, because education isn't something to do in a half a$$ed manner.
daycarediva 10:42 AM 01-03-2017
We homeshooled dd (medical necessity, dialysis three times a week)

She had a daily morning meeting (granted, it was at breakfast) folders for work, expectations, a set curriculum and goals. She entered school ahead of peers.

'unschooling' is something I can't wrap my brain around.
finsup 10:44 AM 01-03-2017

A Facebook friend of mine "home schools" But it's clear from what she posts and how the kids are that their are NOT being educated. And the kicker? She even admits that she struggles with it, but gets defensive when others try to give advice.

As a a homeschooler, it doesn't offend/upset etc me, it frusterates me! I know someone who is like that and actually tried to get them to consider public school. You have to be committed to homeschooling, and if you can't, you need to explore other options. It's not easy, struggles do come as (as they would in public school too) but if you aren't willing to do something about them its by no means going to get easier!
laundrymom 10:45 AM 01-03-2017
First day after holidays and one baby won't drink or nap. One boy is being so ugly to friends he's now playing w soft toys and one who has been doing this hummmmm groan thing and pointing g at my TV in another room for two hours. He's never in almost two years even seen my TV ON!!
Play Care 10:52 AM 01-03-2017

Arrrh!! I know I wrote THEY ARE not THEIR!!

Moving on...
Pestle 10:57 AM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
As a a homeschooler, it doesn't offend/upset etc me, it frusterates me! I know someone who is like that and actually tried to get them to consider public school. You have to be committed to homeschooling, and if you can't, you need to explore other options. It's not easy, struggles do come as (as they would in public school too) but if you aren't willing to do something about them its by no means going to get easier!
Yes, I'm prepping to home school, because I know that with my level of education, my current experience with early learning, the self-discipline and organizational skills I learned from previous jobs, the example I got from the person who home schooled me, the financial and digital and local resources available, a huge amount of effort, some trial and error, and more patience than Job, I can do a better job than the public schools.

Don't have most of the items on that list? The kids might be better off in the system. My SIL is "home schooling" and I really hope that somebody in her town reports her if it's as bad as I suspect it is.
Play Care 10:58 AM 01-03-2017
We homeshooled dd (medical necessity, dialysis three times a week)

She had a daily morning meeting (granted, it was at breakfast) folders for work, expectations, a set curriculum and goals. She entered school ahead of peers.

'unschooling' is something I can't wrap my brain around.
I have friends who very successfully homeschool. But, as you know, it's WORK to do it, a tremendous amount! And I think that unless the parents have some background in education, they truly are clueless to the amount of work that excellent homeschooling requires.
I also think people throw out homeschooling as a cure all when kids are struggling in public/private school, the same way people throw out "just babysit!" when a mom struggles with going back to work. As if it's "easy" and there's "nothing to it"
Pestle 11:15 AM 01-03-2017
I have friends who very successfully homeschool. But, as you know, it's WORK to do it, a tremendous amount! And I think that unless the parents have some background in education, they truly are clueless to the amount of work that excellent homeschooling requires.
I also think people throw out homeschooling as a cure all when kids are struggling in public/private school, the same way people throw out "just babysit!" when a mom struggles with going back to work. As if it's "easy" and there's "nothing to it"
Agreed. I've seen, however, a lot of parents with profoundly disabled kids who finally ended up taking over the education themselves when the public schools failed to provide teachers and programs appropriate for the kids. My cousins ended up moving across the country to get into a public school system that targeted kids with a particular set of disabilities. If cross-country relocation isn't an option, some parents have to take up the mantle of teacher.
Claraskids 12:27 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Agreed. I've seen, however, a lot of parents with profoundly disabled kids who finally ended up taking over the education themselves when the public schools failed to provide teachers and programs appropriate for the kids. My cousins ended up moving across the country to get into a public school system that targeted kids with a particular set of disabilities. If cross-country relocation isn't an option, some parents have to take up the mantle of teacher.
As a former public school teacher, private school teacher, and homeschooler; I've seen and experienced both the best and the worst that is out there. That is what gets me so frustrated when a parent claims that there choice of education is the only way. I truly believe that you have to make the best choice for your OWN child and no one else.
When we started homeschooling, it was because our second child had special needs that the public school couldn't meet. It was the perfect fit for him. But we also said that the decision to homeschool would be made one year at a time. Currently, my oldest is a senior at the public school and thriving. She has been accepted to numerous colleges and given academic scholarships. Our second child asked to try online school this year and is loving it. It is also much easier with the daycare load. We started out the year homeschooling our youngest but it quickly fell apart. After much deliberation, he transferred to the public school in November. There's been a few bumps and learning curves, but so far so good.
Bottom line, each child learns different and this mom at least had to be aware of that.
Miss A 06:22 PM 01-03-2017
Yesterday my DF made a comment to be about being his housewife, and our home being my responsibility because I am home all day.

This really rubbed me the wrong way. I am not just a housewife! I am a educated small business owner, a mother to a 3 month old, and a caregiver to 5 children.

There are days I long to be "just a housewife". I would love to just manage my home, my personal finances, and play the role of SAHM with the small amount of freedom they have (they can run errands, make appointments, etc).

But, not only do I play the role of wife and mother, I run a business. I do bookwork, I create a educational environment for other children, I support them, love them, and care for them, and I bring an extra income into our home.

So no, honey. I am not just a housewife!
Play Care 02:51 AM 01-04-2017
Yesterday my DF made a comment to be about being his housewife, and our home being my responsibility because I am home all day.

This really rubbed me the wrong way. I am not just a housewife! I am a educated small business owner, a mother to a 3 month old, and a caregiver to 5 children.

There are days I long to be "just a housewife". I would love to just manage my home, my personal finances, and play the role of SAHM with the small amount of freedom they have (they can run errands, make appointments, etc).

But, not only do I play the role of wife and mother, I run a business. I do bookwork, I create a educational environment for other children, I support them, love them, and care for them, and I bring an extra income into our home.

Ugh, I hope you told him this!
One of my huge pet peeves about WAH.
Play Care 02:56 AM 01-04-2017
My sleep or lack thereof. It's only day 2 after vacation so I should probably expect it. But I LOVE sleep. And I'm crabby without it.
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 01-04-2017
Feel like I'm losing all control over 3 yo dcg. Every single time she gets angry she lashes out at whoever is closest to her, the other kids, me, her baby sister. I'm at my wit's end. She's seeking out attention, and she's super competitive. She's spoiled rotten(even according to her mom) and just *now* they've decided to become more strict with her. It might be too little too late for my group.
Play Care 04:59 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Feel like I'm losing all control over 3 yo dcg. Every single time she gets angry she lashes out at whoever is closest to her, the other kids, me, her baby sister. I'm at my wit's end. She's seeking out attention, and she's super competitive. She's spoiled rotten(even according to her mom) and just *now* they've decided to become more strict with her. It might be too little too late for my group.
3 is a tough age.
SnowGirl 06:39 AM 01-04-2017
I know that the solution to my problems is to grow a nice, shiny spine...but I'm just not there, yet. Hence, I'm only venting.

DCM is out of town this week, so it's DCD who is not used to me or my policies. He just texted me 3 minutes after breakfast cut off, "I'm bringing DCG early today please feed her breakfast."

No "Is it okay if I drop her off early today? Is it okay if you feed her breakfast for today?"

DCM is nursing her ailing mother right now and I don't want to bother her, DCD is generally nice and I don't want to be strict on my policies. DCG is contracted for my full day, they just tend to bring her hours from now so that's how I plan her day. It's all around frustrating. Again, it's a me problem...I know. Argh!
SnowGirl 06:41 AM 01-04-2017

Oh gosh do I hear you! My DH is always implying that I'm in charge of the home. I have resorted to just telling him what his chores are instead of asking him. Hey, I'm the Stay at home MOM, I guess he's one of the kids
SnowGirl 06:42 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My daughter is turning three soon and she's still struggling with this phase. Such a spirited, aggressive child. I hope things work out in the best way for you and your group!
daycarediva 09:19 AM 01-04-2017
I have FOUR three year olds enrolled right now, 3 are FT. I hear you.

I love how dcp's think they have a say in how I run my day/what I do/what I buy/activities/etc.

I have TWO parents that are constantly tagging me in things to do with their child on my business FB page. One is a grandma who does Sunday school (with SA kids) and the other worked a summer in a college daycare program. They know EVERYTHING. Plus, what they tag me in are craptivities. 100% teacher led, teacher put together crafts. I run a child-led, play based, emergent program. No I don't think a 3 yo is going to say "Miss. X Can we do a handprint alphabet book today?" The funniest part is the grandma tagging me in religious things, eg at Christmas I got the handprint angel craft with a prayer. Um, noooo.
laundrymom 10:16 AM 01-04-2017
On the second day back from Christmas break my families gave to me cranky, sleepy children and a bottle refusing baby.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44  ... Last
Reply Up