Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Personal Schedule/Routine
heyy'all 11:42 AM 01-23-2017
Do y'all have some sort of daily/weekly routine during daycare hours to make your life run smoothly? I'm not talking about the children's schedule. For example, I'm dedicating every Monday's nap time to emailing out receipts for the parents and paying my own personal bills. I also do one load of laundry every day during this time. On Fridays I take the toys off the shelves/baskets and deep clean the furniture.
What sorts of routines do you have in place?
Lovisa 12:03 PM 01-23-2017
I do most of my book work and paying bills early in the morning after kiddos get here because they go back to sleep upon arrival (it's really early). Deep cleaning and laundry is done on the weekends. Normal cleaning like vacuuming, toy cleaning, etc is done in the evenings. I also do all of my grocery shopping on the weekends.
LysesKids 12:53 PM 01-23-2017
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
I do most of my book work and paying bills early in the morning after kiddos get here because they go back to sleep upon arrival (it's really early). Deep cleaning and laundry is done on the weekends. Normal cleaning like vacuuming, toy cleaning, etc is done in the evenings. I also do all of my grocery shopping on the weekends.
This is me
daycarediva 12:56 PM 01-23-2017
I make a paperwork to do list and do anything and everything I can, during nap time.

I clean my dc room the last 1/2 hour of the day, kids get put up at the table with an activity.

The only thing I HAVE to do before kids arrive is pre-cook everything (which drives me crazy bc it's only bc they go INSANE without CONSTANT 1:1 attention. 20 minutes to play quietly? NO WAY)

Laundry and shopping- evenings and weekends.
JackandJill 02:46 PM 01-23-2017
The night before, I throw laundry in the wash, so first thing in the morning I can put it in the dryer, and then fold during nap.

My kiddos nap for 2.5 hours, give or take. During nap I fold laundry, do any paperwork or bills that needs to be taken care, prep/cook stuff for dinner and zip through my house picking up and cleaning. I also dedicate one room to be "deep cleaned" on a separate day of the week (today was the kitchen). I clean up the daycare area in the last 30 minutes of daycare so I am set up and ready for the morning. I grocery shop and do a little food prep on Sunday nights.

Every day at 5pm I am completely ready to sit back and relax, and my days off are not busy playing catch up
MarinaVanessa 03:14 PM 01-23-2017
I do. I have a routine that I follow to make sure that I don't fall behind on my household and business duties. I'm crazy OCD like that though. I even have recurring Google reminders and checklists that I check off daily.

Here's my life:

Everyday
Monday: living room
Tuesday: dining room
Wednesday: kitchen/activity planning
Thursday: downstairs bathroom
Friday: backyard/daycare record keeping
Saturday: bedrooms/daycare washing & disinfecting
Sunday: upstairs bathroom/landing/van/meal planning

I also have a list of monthly tasks and seasonal tasks.
Unregistered 02:43 AM 01-24-2017
Yes....

I have two dedicated ch. care rooms.

Each morning before kids come I clean the bathroom.

I vacuum the one room that has carpet.

I ready activities

Unload dishwasher

The rest of the day I spot clean as I go. The same with the rest of my house-I spot clean. Always have. Hate dedicating a day to cleaning!

At the end of the day both rooms are picked up and orderly as we pick up toys by 5:00 or are outside In good weather at the time parents arrive.

I sanitize one bin of toys each day. I run them through the dishwasher if possible. Any toys I see put in their mouth gets put in a bin and I sanitize that when its full.

I take diapers out.

During nap after lunch clean up I relax!
After work I close the door to DC and foget about DC until next day!

I have all my menus typed up. I have at least three months worth so meal planning is taken care of.

Shopping on weekend.
Pepperth 03:11 AM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I do. I have a routine that I follow to make sure that I don't fall behind on my household and business duties. I'm crazy OCD like that though. I even have recurring Google reminders and checklists that I check off daily.

Here's my life:

Everyday
  • Set up for daycare
  • Wash 1 load
  • vacuum/sweep/spot mop
  • AM declutter 15 minutes
  • Load/unload dishwasher/run
  • Clear kitchen counters/clean the sink
  • evening daycare cleanup
  • PM declutter 15 minutes

Monday: living room
Tuesday: dining room
Wednesday: kitchen/activity planning
Thursday: downstairs bathroom
Friday: backyard/daycare record keeping
Saturday: bedrooms/daycare washing & disinfecting
Sunday: upstairs bathroom/landing/van/meal planning

I also have a list of monthly tasks and seasonal tasks.
I've been looking for something like this. Could you share the monthly/seasonal task list?
lovemydaycare0912 04:49 AM 01-24-2017
I have no routine at all and it sucks. I suggest finding one that works for you. I'm so lazy and tired everyday which I partly blame to my lack of vitamin D and b12. I'm going to attempt to take some of the advice here. It's just during nap time my house gets soooooooo dark and quiet and makes me not want to do anything.
heyy'all 10:48 AM 01-25-2017
Thanks so much, everyone. You've given me some great ideas. Now the hard part--implementing them.
MarinaVanessa 04:47 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I've been looking for something like this. Could you share the monthly/seasonal task list?
Of course. I'm so OCD that I list every little individual task for each day. It helps me stay on task if I break it down and put them in a certain order (like living room: check for cobwebs, clear the floor, clear the surfaces, dust the surfaces, vacuum etc) . I'm so scatter-brained that if I don't do this I'll get distracted and nothing ever gets done (I'm also big on bullet journaling to help me keep my life organized. I create my task lists in Google Keep so I can open them up on my phone and tick them off as I complete them.

Monthly Tasks

Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:Week 4:
Reply Up