Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Connect/ Daily Connect
KBCsMommy 11:06 AM 10-15-2013
Quick question for those of you that use this app.

Do parents also have to buy the app? Or do I buy the app and send out daily emails?

How does it work?
BrooklynM 11:36 AM 10-15-2013
I use it and I absolutely love it! You pay 4.99 for the app and the parents can either pay 4.99 for the app or they can log in on their computer for free and see the updates. I personally do not send out emails daily. I asked the parents and they said they don't need the email, they can just open up the app themselves. It's a huge hit. The parents love it and so do I. I document their diaper changes, naptimes, eating, activities and upload pictures. It's super fast! I have it on my ipad and iphone. I cannot say enough about this app and how nice it is! If the child is fussy, for example, just mark their mood as fussy, or if they are happy, mark they are happy. It's nice for parents to be able to see, oh, little Sammy is fed, changed and he is playing in the Sandbox. Oh look, there is a picture, I love my daycare! .

Get it, use it, love it!
jenboo 05:21 PM 10-15-2013
I had never heard of this! I love it! I purchased it during nap time and I'm going to send a notice home with parents tomorrow!
Michael 05:24 PM 10-15-2013
We have another thread on Baby Connect: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34987
Patches 08:52 PM 10-15-2013
I use it, I love it, and I bought the app for my phone and for my assistant's phone. I do NOT invite the parents to use it. I just send the email when they pick up and that is it. I don't think any of them even know that is an option. I used to send out a daily sheet on paper but got tired of seeing them wadded up in the diaper bag and didn't want to waste all my paper and ink for nothing. Plus, I like that I have my own record of anything the child ate, diapers, naps, when I asked parents for supplies, etc.

ETA:
The parents don't necessarily need the app. They can just log on from the computer at dailyconnect.com
jenboo 10:47 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
I use it, I love it, and I bought the app for my phone and for my assistant's phone. I do NOT invite the parents to use it. I just send the email when they pick up and that is it. I don't think any of them even know that is an option. I used to send out a daily sheet on paper but got tired of seeing them wadded up in the diaper bag and didn't want to waste all my paper and ink for nothing. Plus, I like that I have my own record of anything the child ate, diapers, naps, when I asked parents for supplies, etc.

ETA:
The parents don't necessarily need the app. They can just log on from the computer at dailyconnect.com
Why don't you invite the parents to use it? I haven't informed the parents that I'm going to be using it yet and now I want to wait until i hear back from you.
harperluu 09:26 AM 10-16-2013
I use the app also and really like it. It helps me with checking infants while sleeping since I can see how long they're napping.

It's nice that parents can check it without paying for the app.

A couple things I've noticed, the messaging system isn't great because it doesn't notify you that you've received a message. I still just text parents if I need to tell them something like the kid needs diapers.

Also, we had difficult syncing the provider app and the parent app if the parents don't do the invite to the provider. I set everybody up and sent out the email invite, but I had to delete everyone and have parents invite me since the sync wasn't working. Not sure if it was just me, but that's what I found.
angiescott 10:48 AM 10-16-2013
I use daily connect and the parents love it. However, I think it also allows some parents to be completely obsessed with every move i make if I don't constantly update it. I sometimes do a mass update throughout the day because I'm busy and i have some parents who constantly text me to make sure their kid is ok because I havent updated the app yet.
BrooklynM 10:36 PM 10-16-2013
I let the parents know that I also do a mass update at times as well, so if you don't see it on the app, it doesn't mean that they are sitting over here poopy and hungry! I've never had anyone complain if it wasn't updated right away. I always put a minimum of 1 picture up per day.

I love that the parents are able to update it too! They can update whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I love it when they update it! I wish they would use it all of the time so I know whats going on with their baby when they are not with me!
Patches 05:01 AM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Why don't you invite the parents to use it? I haven't informed the parents that I'm going to be using it yet and now I want to wait until i hear back from you.
Because of this
Originally Posted by angiescott:
I use daily connect and the parents love it. However, I think it also allows some parents to be completely obsessed with every move i make if I don't constantly update it. I sometimes do a mass update throughout the day because I'm busy and i have some parents who constantly text me to make sure their kid is ok because I havent updated the app yet.
I just tell the parents when they enroll that I do a digital daily sheet and I email at the end of the day and ask what email address they would like it sent to
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I let the parents know that I also do a mass update at times as well, so if you don't see it on the app, it doesn't mean that they are sitting over here poopy and hungry! I've never had anyone complain if it wasn't updated right away. I always put a minimum of 1 picture up per day.

I love that the parents are able to update it too! They can update whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I love it when they update it! I wish they would use it all of the time so I know whats going on with their baby when they are not with me!
This is another reason I don't want the parents on there. Maybe it is just me being paranoid, but I could totally see a drama-seeking-mama going in and editing or deleting my posts to make it look like I didn't change/feed the baby all day and maybe even try to screw me out of money and have "proof" of neglect
missheather 08:16 AM 10-17-2013
Wow! This sounds like a great app!
Just so I am clear... the provider can purchase the app & then at the end of the day send an email to the parents (including pictures) and the parents DO NOT have to purchase the app themselves?

If so... I will deffinitly be getting this app in March when I officially open
BrooklynM 08:47 AM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Because of this

I just tell the parents when they enroll that I do a digital daily sheet and I email at the end of the day and ask what email address they would like it sent to

This is another reason I don't want the parents on there. Maybe it is just me being paranoid, but I could totally see a drama-seeking-mama going in and editing or deleting my posts to make it look like I didn't change/feed the baby all day and maybe even try to screw me out of money and have "proof" of neglect
No offense, but that is very paranoid. If you have a mom that you think will do that, then I think you have a much bigger problem with that mom! I would think that the possibility of getting a mom like that would be so tiny compared to the amazing benefits you can get from giving the parents access to the app on their smart phones and allowing them the pleasure of seeing what their babies are doing throughout the day and using it on their own when the child is a their house! I would love to go in on a Saturday and be surprised with a picture of the baby that day! The benefits outweigh the tiny risk!
Patches 04:22 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
No offense, but that is very paranoid. If you have a mom that you think will do that, then I think you have a much bigger problem with that mom! I would think that the possibility of getting a mom like that would be so tiny compared to the amazing benefits you can get from giving the parents access to the app on their smart phones and allowing them the pleasure of seeing what their babies are doing throughout the day and using it on their own when the child is a their house! I would love to go in on a Saturday and be surprised with a picture of the baby that day! The benefits outweigh the tiny risk!
None taken I just feel like you can't be too careful to protect your business and reputation. I don't have a parent like this now, but you never know......they can turn on you in a second!
They was another thread recently that someone said something like 'They love you until they don't get their way' That's not a direct quote, but something along those lines. Bottom line is the dcparents are going to look out for themselves FIRST and you just don't know what someone else will do. Trust is good, but you have to protect yourself, too
Nona 11:06 PM 03-09-2014
I wanted to post here and link to another thread I started. The responses were really helpful and I also have a discount code if anyone wants to try to product for free.

Here is the link:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...437#post440437
Tags:app, baby connect
Reply Up