Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm So Embarrassed.......I Did It Again :(
queenbee 06:25 PM 01-01-2012
About a year ago I sent a text - that was meant for my younger sister - to one of my most professional, highly educated parents. If anyone has any younger siblings.......you know the way you tease and taunt them isn't professional AT ALL

I text the parent back with "Oops, that was meant for another person. So sorry!" But, I still felt really, really stupid for a couple of weeks anytime I'd see the parent.

Well tonight, I did it AGAIN.

What was meant for my brother, was accidentally sent to a highly religious parent I have. The text said "You jerk!". I was wondering why my brother hadn't texted back when I received a text back from the parent that said "Excuse me?".

I'm taking the texting plan off of my phone. Tonight!

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only one starting the new year off with a bad start?
Michael 07:15 PM 01-01-2012
Yes, it happens ALL the time. I would think these "highly intelligent" parents would have the same thing happen to them from time to time. I would just text the parents that it was for someone else in jest. I wouldn't worry about it.
mema 07:27 PM 01-01-2012
I've done it a few times. My phone has a bunch of cracks in it from dropping it and I can't see the whole screen. Until I can get new one, I've tried to refrain from texting and only send emails or facebook messages.
LittleD 07:31 PM 01-01-2012
Yep I was texting my husband. I texted "Lies!!!" to one of my daycare mom's, LOL! I immediately noticed who I sent it to and sent a follow up apologizing for the mix up! She never mentioned it.
PitterPatter 07:52 PM 01-01-2012
Originally Posted by queenbee:
About a year ago I sent a text - that was meant for my younger sister - to one of my most professional, highly educated parents. If anyone has any younger siblings.......you know the way you tease and taunt them isn't professional AT ALL

I text the parent back with "Oops, that was meant for another person. So sorry!" But, I still felt really, really stupid for a couple of weeks anytime I'd see the parent.

Well tonight, I did it AGAIN.

What was meant for my brother, was accidentally sent to a highly religious parent I have. The text said "You jerk!". I was wondering why my brother hadn't texted back when I received a text back from the parent that said "Excuse me?".

I'm taking the texting plan off of my phone. Tonight!

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only one starting the new year off with a bad start?
It happens to everyone at some point. I wouldn't be so drastic as to remove my text plan. If you are really worried it will happen again maybe you could remove the parent from the contact list and store the number in the note pad section so you still have it available yet it has no chance of getting a text.

In times like these I get overly upset too and sometimes to the point I can't even sleep. This is when I try to remember "This too shall pass" You will be laughing at this a month from now.
cheerfuldom 09:11 PM 01-01-2012
I think I did this one time.....texted to a DCM and it was meant for my assistant but it wasn't anything embarassing. I am really careful to always double check before hitting send though!
sharlan 09:29 PM 01-01-2012
I don't text that often. So far, I've never done it.
Childminder 10:04 PM 01-01-2012
I had a parent text me information meant for her MIL about bailing the DCDad out of jail. I thought about pretending it didn't happen but was afraid that if the MIL didn't get the info the dad would be sitting there a long time. DCMom was so embarrassed. It happens to us all. lol
Meyou 04:41 AM 01-02-2012
My ex texts me all the time instead of one of his buddies. I make fun of him for it at every opportunity.
mismatchedsocks 05:40 AM 01-02-2012
I got a text one night from a daycare mom. It said "I see you with her, you Wh***, why dont you just go home with her?" I replied, "i think you may have mistexted" she replied "F^#* you, you &#$( I #&$&" basically. I wrote "this is your daycare provider, its 3am please stop texting me" She wrote "oh you are with her now, i always knew you liked her!"

I turned off my phone at this point, was in shock ( as this is a "highly professional family") and I never got a sorry from that. I never commented on it, but she also never looked me in the eye again.

I am sure parents understand. I make sure i erase texts so i dont accidentally reply to the wrong person or pocket dial!
godiva83 06:09 AM 01-02-2012
I recently had an entire text conversation with a DCM thinking it was my GF both same first names I didn't say anything rude just wasn't the way I would speak to a DCM lol I asked what she was doing, if she was free to get together, I have a work out top she would like... She said she was at her in
Laws, I said perfect they are just down the street I will pop in there --- that's when we realized it was a mistake
Qpmomma 11:06 AM 01-02-2012
The other day I sent an "I love you" text to my husband, or so I thought. My mom texted me back with "Aw, I love you to sweetie." lol, yeah, love you to mom!

Happens ALL the time! lol
Qpmomma 11:08 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I recently had an entire text conversation with a DCM thinking it was my GF both same first names I didn't say anything rude just wasn't the way I would speak to a DCM lol I asked what she was doing, if she was free to get together, I have a work out top she would like... She said she was at her in
Laws, I said perfect they are just down the street I will pop in there --- that's when we realized it was a mistake
Omg! Too funny!
queenbee 03:09 PM 01-02-2012
Thank you for cheering me up everyone! I was convinced I was the only one who did this kind of thing.

I'm so not looking forward to seeing the DCM on Wednesday when she drops off. It'll be so awkward and I am not good in awkward situations.

Thanks again everyone
Michael 04:10 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Qpmomma:
The other day I sent an "I love you" text to my husband, or so I thought. My mom texted me back with "Aw, I love you to sweetie." lol, yeah, love you to mom!

Happens ALL the time! lol
At least it was your mother. We all love our mothers. This could have turned out far worse. You could have text'd your accountant
Ariana 04:14 PM 01-02-2012
I get these txts all the time and send them all the time! I consider myself pretty intelligent!! I wouldn't sweat it!!!
lovemyjob 06:29 PM 01-02-2012
I did this. Sent a text to my hubby to "vent" about one of my kids who keeps me up at night and has been a challenge since he started with me.

The child's mom was wondering how to keep her son (then about a year old) from waking up all night long. I had explained to her that she needs to put him in bed, tell him good night and close the door. If he wakes up, essentially he needs to cry it out and eventually he will get the idea that mommy isn't going to hold him every couple hours. (She was going crazy without sleep.) She needed to be consistant and eventually he will figure it out.

So...I texted my hubby to tell him that I thought she might have actually taken my advice. However, I ended the text with "Now I sure hope to hell it works with this kid."

Then....I accidentally sent it to her instead of my husband. I felt like crawling in a hole. I would never speak to a client or about a client like that with anyone but hubby......ugh. I am careful to double check who I am sending things to now.
PghGurl 06:43 PM 01-02-2012
I would not beat myself up over it. I am a Christian and probably what most would consider religious, have a christian daycare, go to church, etc. and I would've laughed about the situation. Just make sure you tell your dcp you were teasing your brother. I'm sure she'll understand and probably get a chuckle out of it.
Qpmomma 07:03 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
At least it was your mother. We all love our mothers. This could have turned out far worse. You could have text'd your accountant
True, it just caught me off guard, lol.
SimpleMom 07:11 AM 01-05-2012
OH Yes I have! I texted a message to my sister (who's my best friend). It was in regard to my being upset with my hubby. The text went to my hubby's BROTHER! Gosh was I embarrassed. I called his brother right away and had to explain a little why I was upset so that he didn't think I was a total jerk and then tell my hubby. Then, i had to make sure his brother didn't tell my mother-in-law cuz it was a deep-rooted issue. LOL
wdmmom 07:55 AM 01-05-2012
I've never texted the wrong person but I've had plenty of parents text me when they were suppose to be texting someone else.

I catagorized the daycare parents names so when I scroll through my usual list, they aren't there. That way I'm less apt to sending the wrong thing to them.
JenNJ 08:00 AM 01-05-2012
My simple trick -- I input all my clients names with a "Z" first. So in my contact list, it reads "ZKaren," "ZJohn," or "ZMary" for all my daycare parents. I don't have anyone in my phone with first name beginning with Z so it is almost impossible to accidentally text one of them.
hawkfan428 10:29 AM 01-05-2012
My phone has some "quick replies" like, "Call me" "Be there soon". One of my 1 year olds go ahold of my phone and texted one of my daycare parents with a quick reply. I had no idea and I get a text back from her that says, "Um...I'm working...aren't you?" I was so confused until I looked at my sent messages and saw that the one year old sent, "Wanna do lunch?" HAHAHA! Daycare mom and I got a good laugh out of that one!
iheartkids 10:41 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by lovemyjob:
I did this. Sent a text to my hubby to "vent" about one of my kids who keeps me up at night and has been a challenge since he started with me.

The child's mom was wondering how to keep her son (then about a year old) from waking up all night long. I had explained to her that she needs to put him in bed, tell him good night and close the door. If he wakes up, essentially he needs to cry it out and eventually he will get the idea that mommy isn't going to hold him every couple hours. (She was going crazy without sleep.) She needed to be consistant and eventually he will figure it out.

So...I texted my hubby to tell him that I thought she might have actually taken my advice. However, I ended the text with "Now I sure hope to hell it works with this kid."

Then....I accidentally sent it to her instead of my husband. I felt like crawling in a hole. I would never speak to a client or about a client like that with anyone but hubby......ugh. I am careful to double check who I am sending things to now.
This happened to me with a friend. If I have someone else on my mind as I'm entering in my contact I tend to actually type that persons name in. So I was texting one friend venting about another...and I actually sent it to the wrong one! I tried calling her to say sorry and she wouldn't answer the phone. She finally did and we had a lot of heart to heart talkin' to do! I've done it twice where I put the "subject" person in the contact box. Thank goodness the other time wasn't anything bad.
Tags:embarrassing, texting
Reply Up