Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do your DCK's sleep on?
Hunni Bee 08:06 PM 07-29-2012
Especially evening care providers?

Per my states regs, children in evening care must sleep on either beds with mattresses or cots have at least 1" of padding.

Most cots I know of have 0" of padding. And I really don't want kids laying on vinyl mats on the floor for up to 4 hours at night, so that's out too.

Does anyone do actual beds, like toddler beds? Do you have a whole room devoted to nap?

I am thinking of doing a combination of this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...dL._AA300_.jpg

and this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

but I can't tell how think the padding is on the mats and I don't know how durable those cots are going to be over the years.

Ideas? There really isn't a whole lot of info on the web about night childcare, so no help there.
juliebug 08:20 PM 07-29-2012
I know the first ones are really thin I have seen those not sure about the cots when I have dOne over nights I used the pull out couch. But I only ever had one sibling set overnight
PitterPatter 09:24 PM 07-29-2012
I only have daytime nappers so I just use our cozy corner couches. They are the flip open kind that turns to a little bed. Each gets a little pillow and blanket when needed. After they wake from nap they fold the couches back up all by themselves, get a book to read and sit on their couches until others wake up.

Clean up is a little more as I have to remove the covers and wash them and reassemble but they just adore the couches. They also use them to turn on their sides and build a club house/fort lol
Meyou 01:54 AM 07-30-2012
I got 4" foam from the fabric store and covered them for little mattresses. A couple stack on top of one another with a cover to make a little sofa in the corner of the playroom and the others slide in the closet. We actually get alot of use out of them. My kids throw them on the floor and watch movies all the time and they get used for sleepovers as well.
MaritimeMummy 03:05 AM 07-30-2012
My home day care agency has supplied me with sleep mats (which are about 2" thick...they are plastic and wipe clean easily and fit a standard fitted crib sheet, plus they fold up! Pretty compact...), and I have one 21 month old still in a crib, so the DCA also supplied me with a portable crib. When not in use I collapse it and push it up against the wall so it's not in the way. These are things that I would have had to buy but my agency loans all day care supplies out to their providers.

According to my home day care's standards, I can NOT have any child in a pack and play, period. And these are daytime nappers, I don't do overnight care.
GotKids 04:00 AM 07-30-2012
I use those cots and a similar nap mat combo. The ones you link look as if they have more padding than the ones I got. These are what I use http://www.amazon.com/Lambs-Ivy-Nap-...nd+ivy+nap+mat and I would say that they have nearly an inch of padding.
AnneCordelia 04:38 AM 07-30-2012
I use playpens for my under 2 crowd. I use crib mattresses for the over 2 crowd. The crib mattresses slide easily under my other children's beds, out of sight.
kayla 06:08 AM 07-31-2012
I use playpens, sleeping bags, and yoga mats work awesome!! and farely cheap!
Reply Up