Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First sick kid in ages
SilverSabre25 06:37 AM 09-30-2015
Yesterday, about 15 minutes after breakfast, dcb cane and said he threw up. He had some mucous gunk on him and a pillow he was on, but various things made me think it wasn't necessarily puke (quantity, for one, he'd eaten a bunch and this was not a full stomach's worth of vomit), he had no fever or other symptoms, so I gave mom a heads up and watched him like a hawk. He was fine all day, until he started sarg his head hurt in the late afternoon. .. but that was after another kid had tripped and bumped him, so I wasn't positive it was related... but I told mom about it.

Woke up to texts from mom about his fever being 102 before bed last night and he kept crying that his head hurt and she gave Tylenol and this morning he's normal... she was checking to see if my policy was 24 hours fever free without meds (it is, obviously). I made sure to point out that when you put it all together, something is clearly going on.

She might be surprised he's "actually" sick. I'm not.
daycare 08:48 AM 09-30-2015
funny how that works
either they go overboard and rush to the er

or

they deny deny deny.....lol
SilverSabre25 08:52 AM 09-30-2015
That dad (parents aren't together) is the one that takes them to urgent care/er for every little fever or whatever.
daycare 08:53 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
That dad (parents aren't together) is the one that takes them to urgent care/er for every little fever or whatever.
lol sorry but for some reason when a dad does it, its kind of cute...lol hope they have good insurance, that's expensive to go to the ER for every little thing.
SilverSabre25 08:54 AM 09-30-2015
And, it's funny because I totally called that he'd end up spiking a fever. I am out of the house Tuesday and Thursday mornings and DH does daycare for me. I asked him to at least give dcb a quick check every hour because I expected he'd end up feverish. I was surprised when he didn't before pick up time
Reply Up