Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Advice/Input Here
Ms.Bells 05:36 PM 12-15-2016
I work at a childcare center where there are 16 preschoolers. From my understanding, 6 of these kids have to be sleeping for nap before the teacher or I leave for a break. Except, the teacher ALWAYS leaves me to put down the majority of these kids to sleep. I'm always alone with 12/13/14 kids at a time trying to get them all to sleep. This is very frustrating and stressful for me. I brought it up to the director who for a month put in an another assistant in the room with me but that stopped. I got so fed up (where on multiple occasions, I almost cried from being overwhelmed) that I called licensing to report this. They came in to check things out and the teacher was so livid that I called. For a week or so, she made sure that I only had 10 awake kids or less before she left for her break. Now she's back to leaving me out of ratio during nap time. What do I do about this?
Febby 06:20 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Ms.Bells:
I work at a childcare center where there are 16 preschoolers. From my understanding, 6 of these kids have to be sleeping for nap before the teacher or I leave for a break. Except, the teacher ALWAYS leaves me to put down the majority of these kids to sleep. I'm always alone with 12/13/14 kids at a time trying to get them all to sleep. This is very frustrating and stressful for me. I brought it up to the director who for a month put in an another assistant in the room with me but that stopped. I got so fed up (where on multiple occasions, I almost cried from being overwhelmed) that I called licensing to report this. They came in to check things out and the teacher was so livid that I called. For a week or so, she made sure that I only had 10 awake kids or less before she left for her break. Now she's back to leaving me out of ratio during nap time. What do I do about this?
Why is your director letting her leave you out of ratio, especially after state already catching it once? If your director is already aware of the situation and letting it happen, then I'd be looking for new employment and putting another call to state in on my way out. This field doesn't pay enough to deal with being over-ratio and IME, most centers that disregard ratios will disregard a lot of other regulations.
Reply Up