Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Sure What She Is Thinking!!
mrsnj 06:41 AM 01-30-2013
I have a mother here who is always giving me issues from payments to late picks ups to illness. One of the many issues is that I know she has been known to send her kids tylenoled up and boy did she just prove that today. She actually told me!

Her daughter is in school and is a before/after. Yesterday her daughter comes off the bus and spends the afternoon playing with the other kids till pick up time. At pick up my own daughter lets it out of the bag to me that the child is sick. At this same time the child looks at me and whispers in her mothers ear all the while never taking her eyes off me. I hear her mother say "I talked to the school nurse........." So know I know that she was sick in school too. It seems mom didn't feel she was sick enough and told them to keep her. Never called me to give me a heads up (probably cause she knows I would temp and call!!!) I got out of the whisper that she was 99.9 at school. What got me at this whole pick up was that obviously her daughter knew not to tell me cause she was clearly so secretive about it and whispering in her mothers ear so I don't know. This tells me that mom tells her not to tell me when she is sick.

So today no older child at bus pick up. Mom comes later to drop off the youngest and I ask if the school age child is sick. Mom says "Oh yeah. She had 101 temp last night ( ) so I kept her home"

I ask what her temp is today in a conversation (and stewing about her being around all the kids yesterday) and she says she doesn't know cause her new thermo isn't working! But she 'feels' warm. So then how did she take her temp last night? In other words this translates to you didn't want to be bothered. This gets better.......

"I was going to send her to school and just give her Tylenol but they have that whole 24hr policy and I was afraid she would get worse than 101 in school and I would get a call to pick up so I just decided to keep her home"

SERIOUSLY!? AND she TELLS me this! What was she thinking? She just openly admitted it. Did she think I would back her or something?

So I know tomorrow one of two things will happen.....
She will either Tylenol her up and tell the school she was fine today and just kept her home to be safe.......of which I will whip out my thermo (cause UM mine works! ) at drop off.

OR

She will call ME and ask me to keep her cause she is 'fine' but the school won't let her go. She has done this before. I just issued a notice that says 'too sick for school, too sick for here" but that doesn't mean she won't try it. She will still call and whine and expect me to take her. She always is over stepping boundaries and rules.

She honestly was going to drug her and send her to school! And TOLD me. This mom is amazing! Did she think I would back her or something?
mbullette 07:30 AM 01-30-2013
Mother of the year award!!!!

Sad people are actually like this. They can;t be bothered with their sick child so they make others deal with it.
mrsnj 10:21 AM 01-31-2013
SO......... MAD!

Well bus pick up was made just in time so that I could not check her at arrival. As in the bus rolled up and mom at the same time. Convenient.
The bus just dropped off and I ask the child how she is feeling "Not so well". I ask if mommy took her temp today and she says no. I ask if she had a temp yesterday and she hesitates like she doesn't want to let me know and finally says "Yes" I ask if mommy gave her medicine today and she says yes. Take the temp.............102!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU!

So she pumped her with meds and packed her off to school and exposed 24 other children and all of my daycare cause she could not be just slightly responsible for once!??

Well I called her to pick up. She has about 30 min and then I am calling alternate pick up and she is NOT allowed to attend tomorrow!

So mad. I am desperately trying to contain illness with all that is going around. Washing toys and hands and lysoling till I think I have been coughing up fresh linen scent for two weeks and she purposely brings her child sick!

WHY is it ok for her to take days off for herself to sleep in, get her nails done, go out for lunch with friends, do a movie day etc etc etc but she cannot be responsible enough to take time to care for her sick children!?

So incredibly mad!
mrsnj 11:25 AM 01-31-2013
Dad picked up. Saw he came from his house (They live in my area) and...yeah....he took off and was home today!
Heidi 12:21 PM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Dad picked up. Saw he came from his house (They live in my area) and...yeah....he took off and was home today!
Nice...real nice. Time for a BIG talk!
Reply Up