Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grants for Fencing
once upon a time 07:53 PM 05-18-2015
Hi, my name is Lilyan. I have 6 grown children and my 12th grandchild was born tonight. I am in the process of fulfilling the requirements to get licensed in the state of Illinois. I am close to Rockford. I came across this forum while googling for advice on the licensing process. I will be leaving a lucrative longtime career that drains the life out of me. I am happiest when I am around joyfully honest children. While getting quotes for fencing, 3 of the contractors mentioned that there are grants for fencing. Does anyone know how to get information about this. I look forward to learning and helping on this forum.
Blackcat31 06:01 AM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by once upon a time:
Hi, my name is Lilyan. I have 6 grown children and my 12th grandchild was born tonight. I am in the process of fulfilling the requirements to get licensed in the state of Illinois. I am close to Rockford. I came across this forum while googling for advice on the licensing process. I will be leaving a lucrative longtime career that drains the life out of me. I am happiest when I am around joyfully honest children. While getting quotes for fencing, 3 of the contractors mentioned that there are grants for fencing. Does anyone know how to get information about this. I look forward to learning and helping on this forum.
Welcome to the forum!

Many states do offer grants for providers. A lot of those grants are specific to the state/area. A lot of grants are via the Child Care Resource and Referral agencies. I am not sure about your area but I found this link that should help you find the right place to go to find answers.

http://www.ywca.org/site/c.dkLSI4NLI...r_Services.htm
AmyKidsCo 03:57 PM 05-19-2015
Not grant-related, but in WI it's good enough to have one of those green wire "temporary" fences - it doesn't need to be permanent, just sturdy enough that it'll keep the children in. If you can't afford a "good" fence now you might be able to do the wire fence until you can afford something better.
Tags:fencing, grants
Reply Up