Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
amberrose3dg 04:21 AM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
It seems that when it rains, it pours! Already received 3 bits of bad news this morning (hopefully, it’s a case of “bad news comes in 3”, and I don’t receive anymore lol).

1 — I just received the 2 week notice for DCG 1.5. Great family, private pay, and the baby is wonderful. I was her first DC, and now I believe I was merely the back up who had infant space until their preferred DC had s spot for her. Oh well, it happens. Part of the job. DCD was very reassuring that I was amazing and they love it here, they simply desired a different environment (I’m in the city — they are a bit more “organic”, and this new location is on a farm with gardens, animals, etc). I’ll miss her.

2 — Potential enrollee asked me to hold a FT space for this Monday, 2 weeks ago (there was an arrangement where another location in my area is closing today actually, and she listed me as a relocation DC for her clients). I was doing my best to accommodate everyone that I could, and she seemed dedicated to the space. Just received notice this morning that she wished to keep her with her other group of friends, who were all going elsewhere. Luckily, I had someone else needing the spot who will most likely take it.

3 — I watch my nephew based on my brother’s joint custody arrangement (and I would never recommend it — he receives so much special, I’ve had to put him in his place too often yet still get the short end of the deal). I more or less just wanted to help, but it’s turned into a pretty large financial loss since he takes a FT space, and I don’t ask him to pay for the time nephew doesn’t come. Now, his payment for this week will be delayed until next week due to a banking issue. 🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️🤦🏼*♀️

For my sanity, I hope that’s it today! Blah!
When a family shorts you 30 dollars on your check. Im sure she will say something about not knowing instead of asking. Their last day is next Monday so they owed me for a week and then one day for two kids. how can you think 30 dollars will cover two kids for one day
Tags:social media, vent
Up