Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's also Teacher Appreciation Week/Day...
lolaland 09:56 AM 05-10-2013
It's also "Teacher Appreciation Week/Day"... What did you give to your own kid's teacher?

This was the gift from my daughter to her 1st grade teacher...

(Movie snacks & Movie tickets...)
Attached: IMG_2573.jpg (68.7 KB) IMG_2574.jpg (55.4 KB) IMG_2575.jpg (48.0 KB) 
MsLaura529 10:04 AM 05-10-2013
My daughter (in preschool 2 mornings a week) picked out little potted roses for her teachers, and then drew a picture explaining something for them and wrote her name in the card (things they are working on in class, haha). Then I wrote a note in the card that picked out a particular thing that I appreciate about each of her teachers (she has 2). I don't think they received anything else from the parents in her class, because all the moms were asking me if I brought those in for mother's day for the teachers, haha. They seemed to really appreciate the flowers a lot.
jessrlee 10:23 AM 05-10-2013
My daughter is now in middle school. I called and left her teachers a voicemail telling them how grateful we are for them. I hope it was enough. She got teased a lot last year when I sent in a card and gift
melilley 10:24 AM 05-10-2013
My daughter is 10. She painted a cute pail that has butterfly cutouts on the top and we planted a cute little flower. We also gave her some Ghiradelli (sp?) chocolates and she wrote on a pink paper bag: "To Mrs. L The best teacher in the world.
momofboys 10:27 AM 05-10-2013
My kids are in PK, 3rd & 5th grade. Each teacher got a GIANT Hershey's bar (1/2 pounders) - easy but appreciated! My 5th grader said both of his teachers gave him a hug, lol! Must have been a rough week!
Jewels 10:41 AM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by lolaland:
It's also "Teacher Appreciation Week/Day"... What did you give to your own kid's teacher?

This was the gift from my daughter to her 1st grade teacher...

(Movie snacks & Movie tickets...)

I love that, so cute, I will have to do that next, maybe for an end of the year thank you.

My son made her a card, and I put in a note with a Caribou gift card.
MarinaVanessa 11:25 AM 05-10-2013
We havent started yet but tonight my DD and I are going to make her teacher a school supply cake (like a diaper cake but with school supplies). We got a couple of pretty boxes and a box of tissues to be the cake itself and then we have tons of school glue, glue sticks, safety scissors, a calculator, paper clips, a huge eraser (for big mistakes) etc. to decorate it with.

DD is also making her a card and I will write her a personal thank you from me to her because I appreciate the special efforts she has made with my DD. My DD loves her so I do too
littlemissmuffet 12:53 PM 05-10-2013
Oooo! Great ideas in this thread! My kiddo is only 4 months... but I can't wait to do special things like these for her teachers once she's in school!

Way to go, mommas!
Reply Up